iamthedotcom

Permadeath Taxi Service

229 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Gotakibono said:

Hey bud, thanks so much for getting in touch! Tomorrow evening suits me, say around 8pm. Is that okay for you? I know you're helping someone else at 7pm, so thought it might be handy enough for you, but please just let me know. I'll send you a friend request on PSN anyways :) Really appreciate you taking the time to help me and many others.

8pm is fine though if you see me online before then feel free to jump into my session :) 

15 hours ago, kierkegaaard said:

@FarSideOfSaturn I've done the tutorial till i get the hyperdrive. Is there anything else i should prepare ? 

Nope, hyperdrive is all you need, I'll give you the warp cells when I meet you in the space station.

Everyone else, todays taxi service is up and running for the next six hours! 

@FarSideOfSaturn

Big thanks to you man. I got both of the trophies just a minute ago thanks you. All hail Taxi Service! 

@Wronator No problem man! Happy to have helped! 

So this just happened. A few minutes ago a random player not looking for a ride joined my lobby, and gave me this...

jjyyiUZ.jpg

13 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

8pm is fine though if you see me online before then feel free to jump into my session :) 

Nope, hyperdrive is all you need, I'll give you the warp cells when I meet you in the space station.

Everyone else, todays taxi service is up and running for the next six hours! 

Hope I can catch you tomorrow!  I think I sent you a friend request.

6 hours ago, ManiacBlast said:

Hope I can catch you tomorrow!  I think I sent you a friend request.

Awesome, I'll accept it when I'm online. Just an FYI for everyone that the service today runs from 12pm GMT til around 9pm GMT. I have a project for work to work on so I'll be doing that in the backround, but don't worry, I will see/hear everyone when you arrive at the station 🤣

9 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Awesome, I'll accept it when I'm online. Just an FYI for everyone that the service today runs from 12pm GMT til around 9pm GMT. I have a project for work to work on so I'll be doing that in the backround, but don't worry, I will see/hear everyone when you arrive at the station 🤣

Thanks again for the help!!

@FarSideOfSaturn Thanks so much for your help with getting those last two pesky trophies, man, really appreciate it - you're a hero. 

@ManiacBlast & @Gotakibono You're both welcome! 

Half an hour left tonight if anyone needs Reunion/To Live Forever! Not totally sure what I've got going on next week, but I'll let everyone know ASAP when I'm free again. 

@FarSideOfSaturn Thank you for keeping this taxi service alive! I managed to get the hyperdrive and one Warp cell on my permeadeath playthrough and I would be glad if you can help me getting to the center much faster (and get the two trophies on the way). I can only warp approximately 100 LY (25% fuel of the hyperdrive) so I don't know if one Warp cell is enough from where you are to get to the center? I sent you a friend request. Let us know when you will be available to run the taxi service again! Cheers! :)

@FarSideOfSaturnI was able to get to the center by joining a random player that was 3200 LY away from the center (so don't consider my request anymore). I warped once to another system and the two trophies popped. Thanks anyway to you for helping others! 

A tip for people who want these trophies quicker "by themselves" rather than keeping warping for ages (I know it's not really legit that way and there is no real satisfaction doing so but..): keep joining random players from the main menu and once you arrive in their system, check the galactic map to see how far you are from the galactic center. If you are too far (like 500,000 LY) just leave the session and repeat. You might get lucky like me and find someone really close (around 3200 LY for me). Then just warp once to the closest system and the trophies should pop! For that you need the hyperdrive and at least one warp cell (follow the awakenings mission until you are able to craft a warp cell).

23 hours ago, Ludlows said:

@FarSideOfSaturnI was able to get to the center by joining a random player that was 3200 LY away from the center (so don't consider my request anymore). I warped once to another system and the two trophies popped. Thanks anyway to you for helping others! 

A tip for people who want these trophies quicker "by themselves" rather than keeping warping for ages (I know it's not really legit that way and there is no real satisfaction doing so but..): keep joining random players from the main menu and once you arrive in their system, check the galactic map to see how far you are from the galactic center. If you are too far (like 500,000 LY) just leave the session and repeat. You might get lucky like me and find someone really close (around 3200 LY for me). Then just warp once to the closest system and the trophies should pop! For that you need the hyperdrive and at least one warp cell (follow the awakenings mission until you are able to craft a warp cell).

That's awesome! Very similar to how I managed to pop the Reunion trophy. I made the trip to the Galactic Core myself and somehow didn't see a single player base on the way there, so I resorted to joining random lobbies and was lucky enough to find a base on my fourth attempt. But definitely a viable option when no ones around to offer a taxi service. Well done on the trophy & sorry I didn't get to you! 

So, I'm not sure yet when the service is running this week, still got some things to do but it'll either be Friday or Saturday for a brief period, maybe three hours or so. Unfortunately I can't make time like I could in the beginning, but I'll try my best and let everyone know as soon as I know when I'll be free. I'll accept everyone's friend requests once I start so I can keep track of who I have and haven't helped. In the meantime feel free to have a look for other services, join random lobbies, create boosting sessions ect ect. Good luck & hopefully I'll see everyone soon! 

Posted (edited)

Many thanks to @FarSideOfSaturn for the help, it has been a great pleasure, I put a base on your planet to help more people and that the partner rests.

sorry my bad English

Edited by pablocebo

Posted (edited)

@pablocebo You're welcome! Had a fun time helping you & thanks for setting up another base! 

If anyone's looking for a ride, my taxi service this week will run on Saturday 20th, from 12pm - 8pm GMT. As always if that doesn't work for anyone, I'll try my best to arrange a different time. I'll see everyone there! 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn

Just wanted to say thanks in advance to @FarSideOfSaturn for being around to help with the galactic centre trophies. I’m late to the party with No Man’s Sky...bought it a couple of weeks ago, will have the platinum in the next couple of days. These two DLC trophies did not appeal to me “legitimately”, so it’s great to know that if joining random lobbies doesn’t work, someone’s there to lend a hand. Thanks dude, and maybe see you next week!

@dave87fez No problem...in advance :lol: 

So, this weeks taxi service times are Saturday 27th, 12pm - 8pm and Sunday 28th, 6pm - 11pm (British time). As always, I'll try to accomodate if those times don't work for anyone but can't guarantee it due to work commitments. 

There's also an upgrade to the taxi service...I finally have a headset! Unfortunately, I do have a Scottish accent but I'll try my best to speak in understandable English :lol: See you all this weekend! 

Posted (edited)

Hey there, I am wondering if you still doing this? Haven't played it in years and just came back to it :) 

edit: got it 

Edited by GunnerZeus

@GunnerZeus Sorry I didn't get to you, I'm not usually online during the week because of work. Congratulations on the trophy! 

So, no one at all needed the taxi service last weekend and currently only one person needs it this week. I think rather than scheduling certain times, if anyone who needs help just sends me a friend request we can work out a time between us. I think it's quiet enough that we can arrange sessions individually. Bear in mind that as I said above, I'm not usually around Monday - Thursday due to work but if anyone needs my help I'll get back to everyone on Fridays to arrange a time. 

@TooXification No problem, I enjoyed our small adventure! The animals on your home planet were...interesting :lol:

Posted (edited)

Hello, do you still offer the Taxi Service?

I stand at the crashed fregatte with my mighty ship and an fresh hyperdrive installed.

EDIT: Okay, i got "Reunion", "Take a Deep Breath" and "To Live Forever" through random join. Thanks anyway :)

Edited by Arthur Dent

Would love to have a fellow taxi driver help me out! I’d really appreciate it, not sure how active this thread is anymore though. 

I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out with it! 100%'d the game twice on old accounts, so all I need is to join someone's game for a brief moment.