Permadeath Taxi Service

iamthedotcom

Hey @FarSideOfSaturn, I sent a friend request. :) Tried to send a message but your settings are private, so if you missed the request message I just said I have 5 warp cells and could make a few more if you need any extra for others. Would be really grateful for the help anyway!

Edit: That was a lot faster than I thought. Thanks again for the lift!

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I've had a few more requests recently since the Beyond release date was announced (14th August) Just to confirm I'm still running a service, there isn't a dedicated time (life!) but generally I'm available on most Friday afternoons and evenings and Saturday/Sunday afternoons (GMT)

Just a reminder, all you need is a permadeath save, and a hyperdrive installed in your ship and we're good to go! You can also earn :bronze: Reunion in the session too. My messages on PS are private only to avoid spam, so send me a friend request and we can work out a time between us. Obviously I'm in Scotland, so arranging a time for users around the world can be difficult on occasion but I'll do my best! 

I've had some people ask if the Beyond update could screw up the service. Short answer, I have no idea :lol: I'd imagine it'd be fine unless HG wipe everyone's progress but I really don't think that'll happen. There definitely will be changes to multiplayer but I can't HG cutting the ability to join sessions. If the worst happens and I lose my perch next to the galactic core, I'll make another trip to keep the service going but I'm sure it won't come to that. 

Nevertheless, if you're worried about whatever effect Beyond will have and want to play it safe, make sure to arrange a date and time this coming weekend and I'll try to get you there, otherwise I'll see you in the beyond... ;) 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 2

Hey there, just sent a friend request. Hoping early Sunday afternoon works for you, it would be early Sunday morning for me. Took a few attempts to start on a planet that I could survive on long enough to craft a hyperdrive and I'm worried about what the update will do. Thanks!

On 8/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Hey guys! 

Unfortunately, my taxi service is bricked. I bought myself a new phone last week and use that as a hotspot which for some reason changed my NAT type to type three/failed. I'm able to join games, but can't host games. Over the last week, I think I've tried every suggestion I could find on google such as changing the server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, resetting everything, running the connection through a hotspot app via my laptop, running it through an ethernet cable, nothing has worked.

So, I think I'll call it a day for my service. It's been an absolute pleasure over the last few months meeting everyone and being able to help so many people. Hopefully someone else can pick this up? In any case, good luck to everyone! 

@FarSideOfSaturn So has anything changed in the process since I stopped last Christmas? I sold the game, but with the new release if I can find a cheap copy of the game, I could pick the mantle back up for awhile. 

Important Note (1:44 p.m. CST, USA on 8/22/2019):

Hello Travelers!

The mighty @FarSideOfSaturn has been crushing it while I've been away. Seriously, please show him a ton of love and support. 

It seems he has run into a bit of a snag though and some in the community are still needing a lift. I no longer own the game (had to sell it to fund the gaming habit lol), but will start trying to find a cheap copy. Unfortunately, all the stores seem to want at least $25, but I will check local Craigslist.

I live in Missouri, so if anyone knows a cheap way to get the game let me know!!!

iamthedotcom & FarSideOfSaturn Taxi Service

Helping any weary Traveler quickly and easily get the two Galactic Center trophies (To Live Forever, Take a Deep Breath), as well as the base trophy (Reunion). 

What you will need:

1) Permadeath Save
2) About an hour's work following the tutorial. This should get your ship operational. 
3) Hyperdrive Installed (no other materials required).

4) Send me a friend request. You will be added to a large message group. For tracking purposes, please exit the message group when I have helped you. 
5) Headset is optional, but as long as you can hear me, I can walk you through it. 

Hours of Operation: 

TBD 

Central Standard Time, United States

Edited by iamthedotcom
  • Like 3

@iamthedotcom Just so you know, NMS is getting a budget re-release next month with all 7 major updates on the disc (including Beyond) and probably a couple of the more recent patches as well :). Things have changed a little bit since you last did a Taxi run to the Galactic Center, because Beyond has simplified matters and added a new Warp Cell technology (called the Warp Hypercore) that means you only 1 Cell instead of 5. The Tutorial has also been re-worked and the devs added a couple of new steps that must be completed, before you can get the Hyperdrive blueprint. The Reunion Trophy is now a complete joke, thanks to the addition of an Interstellar Teleporter to the Space Anomaly - which allows you to teleport directly to a variety of Player Bases and get the trophy in a matter of seconds :).

I'll be posting my updated "Beyond" Compatible Guide on .org within the next 48hrs so keep an eye out for it :).

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

@iamthedotcom Just so you know, NMS is getting a budget re-release next month with all 7 major updates on the disc (including Beyond) and probably a couple of the more recent patches as well :). Things have changed a little bit since you last did a Taxi run to the Galactic Center, because Beyond has simplified matters and added a new Warp Cell technology (called the Warp Hypercore) that means you only 1 Cell instead of 5. The Tutorial has also been re-worked and the devs added a couple of new steps that must be completed, before you can get the Hyperdrive blueprint. The Reunion Trophy is now a complete joke, thanks to the addition of an Interstellar Teleporter to the Space Anomaly - which allows you to teleport directly to a variety of Player Bases and get the trophy in a matter of seconds :).

I'll be posting my updated "Beyond" Compatible Guide on .org within the next 48hrs so keep an eye out for it :).

You the man @HuntingFever

I will look for your guide on .org before I update my thread there and really try to determine the best way to keep the taxi alive. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

So getting this trophy for reaching center of universe in Permadeath won't be that hard or at least time consuming?

14 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

So getting this trophy for reaching center of universe in Permadeath won't be that hard or at least time consuming?

Boosting is still the no1 best way to get the Survival trophies done and the method is a tad quicker/simpler than it used to be but if you want to get them legit, there are far fewer irritations and annoyances than there were under previous updates :).

@iamthedotcom The updated Guide is now live :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 22/08/2019 at 7:47 PM, iamthedotcom said:

It seems he has run into a bit of a snag

That's certainly one way to put it :lol: I've been playing around and trying various fixes a little more in the last couple of hours, tested hosting MP on other games, but still no luck so I think I'm definitely out of the picture. If I'd known my connection would be nerfed I'd have kept my old phone, I can only apologize guys. However, like I said earlier, I'm still able to join sessions so if you need any help getting set up with materials @iamthedotcom like warp cells if you (or anyone else!) needs them just let me know. 

• 2 weeks later...