Rival Revival trophy!

"Encounter Vile V four times and defeat him before completing the Gateway stage in Mega Man X8."

The concept of this is that Vile will appear within specific mid-boss rooms during the game, once you have defeated at least 2 maverick bosses.

He appears on the following stages:

- Optic Sunflower

- Gravity Antonion

- Dark Mantis

- Bamboo Pandamonium

- Earthrock Trilobyte

- Burn Rooster

- Noah's Park (Intro Stage)

After defeating at least 2 stages, do what you can to spawn him 3 times in the 8 boss stages during the course of the game.

You can revisit stages you already beaten and he is able to appear on those stages as well.

After defeating him in the Jakob Elevator stage, go back to Noah's Park stage for your 4th Vile encounter, the midboss room. He will show up there!

Edited by VixyNyan

I've been plugging away at this myself hoping beyond hope I'd figure it out, but no luck so far. 

Like you, I've gotten several routes where I've beaten him three times but he just doesn't want to show up the fourth time. 

In one run I got him to appear in three stages in a row with only two bosses dead - Primrose, Booster Forest and Troia Base.

After that, nothing. It's the last trophy I need to platinum the game and it's a bronze trophy with seemingly no clear cut criteria for achieving it. 

I know there's  some RNG involved. On my latest run where I fought him three times in a row without killing more than two bosses, I didn't encounter him the first time I went to Booster Forest. I quit out of the stage, came back, and there he was. I haven't had that kind of luck anywhere else, though, and the authors of the old guides aren't even sure what makes him show up in some stages. 

And I can't blame them - I've had a hard time pinning down a specific pattern beyond three fights being easy to get and a fourth one being seemingly impossible. I fought him in the Inferno stage once, but I can't for the life of me tell you if there was anything different about that run than my latest one where I ran the stage ten times with no luck. 

I never expected two bronze trophies to give me more trouble than all the others combined. (The other one being Out of the Frying Pan, which I suppose I'd take over this seeing as it's pure RNG whereas with this I have no idea what determines how many times you fight Vile and more information adds to my confusion.)

Edited by IllustroCado

Here is my route:

Optic Sunflower > Dark Mantis > Earthrock Trilobyte (VILE)> Gravity Antonion >Man-O-War > Revisit Gravity Antonion (VILE) > Pandamonium > Yeti > Revisit Optic Sunflower (VILE) >  Burn Rooster > Jakob > Revisit Noah's park (VILE

2 hours ago, VixyNyan said:

He appears on the following stages:

- Optic Sunflower

- Gravity Antonion

- Dark Mantis

- Bamboo Pandamonium

- Earthrock Trilobyte

- Burn Rooster

He also appear in noah park, that's where i fought him the fourth time

Edited by z-Blazee
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, z-Blazee said:

Here is my route:

Optic Sunflower > Dark Mantis > Earthrock Trilobyte (VILE)> Gravity Antonion >Man-O-War > Revisit Gravity Antonion (VILE) > Pandamonium > Yeti > Revisit Optic Sunflower (VILE) >  Burn Rooster > Jakob > Revisit Noah's park (VILE

He also appear in noah park, that's where i fought him the fourth time

You know, after you said that, I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of that myself. The description of the trophy is a hint - before you beat the Gateway stage. That can easily be taken to mean you activate another encounter with him after you fight him at Jakob, and what place is more fitting than where it started?

Just got my platinum. Thanks.

2 hours ago, IllustroCado said:

You know, after you said that, I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of that myself. The description of the trophy is a hint - before you beat the Gateway stage. That can easily be taken to mean you activate another encounter with him after you fight him at Jakob, and what place is more fitting than where it started?

Just got my platinum. Thanks.

You're welcome, and congrats ?