how to power up (just started the game)

rockstarjazz

i just started playing the game today for the first time, and have just defeated the first troll in the snow.

i explore around the place and seem to be collecting quite alot of 'hacksilver' but i dont really know what to do with it? has the game not introduced me power-ups yet? i go to options and there are various tabs and screens but am unable to power up anything yet

it seems quite complex compared to the old games. is there a guide or can i seek tips from anyone?

i'm playing on normal

thanks

just play the game.  Why do you want all the answers right out of the gate.  Explore, fight, survive, grow strong, be Kratos, be a boy, relax, have fun, play the game.

Edit:  You will get plenty of time to go back and trophy hunt.  Don't worry about it.  Nothing is missable.  

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

just play the game.  Why do you want all the answers right out of the gate.  Explore, fight, survive, grow strong, be Kratos, be a boy, relax, have fun, play the game.

More trophy hunters should take a page outta this book. They’d have a lot more fun and a lot less toxicity :D 

On 7/29/2018 at 0:53 PM, rockstarjazz said:

i just don't want to miss out on anything that might enhance the experience of the game, that's all. i'll deal with the trophies later after completing the story.

You'll be fine, you won't miss anything.  Just play naturally and it will all come.  

To answer your question, hacksilver is indeed used for upgrades. If you haven't figured out how to spend it, you just haven't gotten there. The game is good at introducing things gradually and explaining them when it does. This way you aren't overwhelmed with information overload.