Save corruption questions

Nitro

So I knew going into GH Live that its still buggy and will randomly crash and corrupt your save. But im just windering, does it matter for the GHTV trophies? Are the trophies like strumillionare and all of those saved locally?

I ask this because I saw people complaining about their save corrupting at 600k strums. But in my case, I go back on and it seems my progress, from what I can see (level, coins, plays) is saved on their servers.

So can anyone confirm whether the strumillionare trophy and other point related ones are saved locally or on the servers?

Yeah, they are saved locally.

After corruption, when you load up the game it says the save data is corrupted and you need to delete it and start again to continue.

I had this happen to me recently, and unfortunately hadn't backed up my save since I played last in late 2017. Had to download that save off the cloud, otherwise everything was reset.

Edited by masdawg1988

Back up the save, I've had the strumillionaire trophy reset on me twice. 

Someone did mention to me to clear the cache everytime you load into ghlive. 

Coins, Player Level and in game stuff stays. Just your trophy progress resets.

Edited by x_Hyst3r1a

8 hours ago, masdawg1988 said:

Yeah, they are saved locally.

After corruption, when you load up the game it says the save data is corrupted and you need to delete it and start again to continue.

I had this happen to me recently, and unfortunately hadn't backed up my save since I played last in late 2017. Had to download that save off the cloud, otherwise everything was reset.

7 hours ago, x_Hyst3r1a said:

Back up the save, I've had the strumillionaire trophy reset on me twice. 

Someone did mention to me to clear the cache everytime you load into ghlive. 

Coins, Player Level and in game stuff stays. Just your trophy progress resets.

Thanks for this info guys.
And I have been backing up, it's just sometimes it randomly crashes (ie When changing the difficulty -_-)

Also, can you see your progress anywhere? Or is it just a "feeling"your close sorta thing?

28 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Thanks for this info guys.
And I have been backing up, it's just sometimes it randomly crashes (ie When changing the difficulty -_-)

Also, can you see your progress anywhere? Or is it just a "feeling"your close sorta thing?

Main menu in options somewhere there's a trophy menu with tracking for everything. 

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

I wrote this on my trophy guide as well but once your in the main menu press options and then select trophies.

On 29/07/2018 at 3:55 PM, Nitro said:

So I knew going into GH Live that its still buggy and will randomly crash and corrupt your save. But im just windering, does it matter for the GHTV trophies? Are the trophies like strumillionare and all of those saved locally?

I ask this because I saw people complaining about their save corrupting at 600k strums. But in my case, I go back on and it seems my progress, from what I can see (level, coins, plays) is saved on their servers.

So can anyone confirm whether the strumillionare trophy and other point related ones are saved locally or on the servers?

When you've finished playing, don't quit to the main menu where you select the Live or GHTV modes. Usually, that's when it corrupts. Just close the application down. I usually back up the save after doing that, then open the game again to check my progress

• Like 1