What's Your Fav RE game ?

BSAA_Advisor

I'll go with Resident Evil 4. Leon is my favorite male lead in RE.

I like every Resident Evil  from the first to the current releases.

I haven't played the sixth though since I keep getting scared off by the bad things said about it.

Think Horror evolved and you'll be fine :)

Do you think the old ways of RE would be welcomed so openly. Yes and No. As with any game, the genre that makes it what it is must eventually evolve. Are you telling that slowing seeing your team by an unseeable enemy is not to be classified as horror in some way.

How bout your team being decimated while your helpless to do nothing, I do believe people would be horrified by that. To completely dismiss any aspect of survival horror without any real evidence is just plain bias in my opinion.

Yeah nowadays i do think the old ways would be easily welcomed by the hardcore fans that have been forever supporting the series ,

of course genre's evolve but resident evil hasn't evolved it has went from survival horror to action shooter 

Resident evil 4 was a step in the right direction it had plenty of horror aspects and jump out your seat moments and various puzzles

ammo was low and so was health items etc . 

With 5 & 6 they aimed towards action shooter so it would appeal to more players and obviously gain more sales , they mainstreamed it 

which is sad considering how much the series is loved by lots of hardcore fans and gamers  and it's disrespectful towards them . 

Yeah nowadays i do think the old ways would be easily welcomed by the hardcore fans that have been forever supporting the series ,

of course genre's evolve but resident evil hasn't evolved it has went from survival horror to action shooter 

Resident evil 4 was a step in the right direction it had plenty of horror aspects and jump out your seat moments and various puzzles

ammo was low and so was health items etc . 

With 5 & 6 they aimed towards action shooter so it would appeal to more players and obviously gain more sales , they mainstreamed it 

which is sad considering how much the series is loved by lots of hardcore fans and gamers  and it's disrespectful towards them . 

Did we play the same RE titles ? Even hardcore fans realize that RE had to eventually evolve. RE4 caused the whole 5 & 6 dilemma. You can argue it but look at how it progressed after 4 and it`s clear but I`d rather not argue it.

Did we play the same RE titles ? Even hardcore fans realize that RE had to eventually evolve. RE4 caused the whole 5 & 6 dilemma. You can argue it but look at how it progressed after 4 and it`s clear but I`d rather not argue it.

I would hope that we did but you don't seem to realize that it didn't evolve it simply changed , like i said it went from survival horror to action shooter most people would agree ,

Re4 did cause a fuss but it still had the survival horror aspect to it , obviously not as strong as the first 3 but it still had a strong feeling i personally loved Re4 as it was a change 

Argue what ? that it lost the survival horror ? your claiming that it evolved when it just changed genre 

either or capcom has to get their shit together and start making some good games again for the fans not for the $$ . 

Resident Evil 4 didn't have horror or a survival feel in it either. 

No not necessarily but it did to a certain degree , it has suspense , excitement with less action ,

Re5 was all action shooter it had nothing more to it .   

1- Resident Evil 3 Nemesis 

2- Resident Evil 2 

3- Resident Evil 4

4- Resident Evil 6

5- Resident Evil Directors Cut

6- Resident Evil Code Veronica x 

7- Resident Evil Outbreak 1/2 

8- Resident Evil Chronicles (Dark and Umbrella)

9- Resident Evil 5 

I would hope that we did but you don't seem to realize that it didn't evolve it simply changed , like i said it went from survival horror to action shooter most people would agree ,

Re4 did cause a fuss but it still had the survival horror aspect to it , obviously not as strong as the first 3 but it still had a strong feeling i personally loved Re4 as it was a change 

Argue what ? that it lost the survival horror ? your claiming that it evolved when it just changed genre 

either or capcom has to get their shit together and start making some good games again for the fans not for the $$ . 

No not necessarily but it did to a certain degree , it has suspense , excitement with less action ,

Re5 was all action shooter it had nothing more to it .   

I'm simply going to say that horror is not set one mindset, so to say that it is non-existent in last 2 installments is actually pointless. Also if you breakdown 4 and 5, they are alot more alike they you may think. Please do'nt argue this with me today.

I guess this topic requires a poll.

For me that would be:

2- Resident Evil 2 

3- Resident Evil Directors Cut

4- Resident Evil Code Veronica x

5- Resident Evil 4

6- Resident Evil 5

PS:Didn't played RE 6(tried the demo,watched videos and found it an embarrassment to series :angry:) and desperately want to play GameCube titles Remake & Zero(My PC is too weak to run them playable enough :unsure: )

I guess this topic requires a poll.

For me that would be:

2- Resident Evil 2 

3- Resident Evil Directors Cut

4- Resident Evil Code Veronica x

5- Resident Evil 4

6- Resident Evil 5

PS:Didn't played RE 6(tried the demo,watched videos and found it an embarrassment to series :angry:) and desperately want to play GameCube titles Remake & Zero(My PC is too weak to run them playable enough :unsure: )

Give 6 a chance man. 6 doesn't stray too far from 4 or 5.

Give 6 a chance man. 6 doesn't stray too far from 4 or 5.

I would like to.. But I can't stand it when a 15 years girl(Sherry) fighting enemies by melee easily! or Leon & Helena performing WWE moves on poor zombies!

RE4 was only lacking puzzles. and 5 at least got a good storyline and a nice dlc(lost in nightmares)

I would like to.. But I can't stand it when a 15 years girl(Sherry) fighting enemies by melee easily! or Leon & Helena performing WWE moves on poor zombies!

RE4 was only lacking puzzles. and 5 at least got a good storyline and a nice dlc(lost in nightmares)

That's true but remember, it is a game so anything can happen. Ex. Nemesis being fought with a knife, not at all possible in real world applications

It will be quicker to name the ones i did not like...

1) Re survivor

2) Re survivor 2 cv

3) Re gaiden

4) Re dead aim

5) Shit mobile games

Other then these shit games, i've enjoyed most of them(even 6) What i really want is outbreak file 3, come on capcom.*waves fist in air*

Edited by Brachio Dino Ranger

It will be quicker to name the ones i did not like...

1) Re survivor

2) Re survivor 2 cv

3) Re gaiden

4) Re dead aim

5) Shit mobile games

Other then these shit games, i've enjoyed most of them(even 6) What i really want is outbreak file 3, come on capcom.*waves fist in air*

Dead Aim was bearable at times though. Yes, I agree we need Outbreak File 3.

That's true but remember, it is a game so anything can happen. Ex. Nemesis being fought with a knife, not at all possible in real world applications

My problem is not the possibility. it's the fact that game completely changed and now its against its previous roots.Zombies beaten easily which is not acceptable(enemies must be a pain in our ass on a survivor/horror game) . No horror.No Survival.Not even a challenge(I don't count losing health fast in high difficulties as a challenge) . plus you would be dead in a second by using knife against Nemesis-the-Great :blink:

My problem is not the possibility. it's the fact that game completely changed and now its against its previous roots.Zombies beaten easily which is not acceptable(enemies must be a pain in our ass on a survivor/horror game) . No horror.No Survival.Not even a challenge(I don't count losing health fast in high difficulties as a challenge) . plus you would be dead in a second by using knife against Nemesis-the-Great :blink:

I do agree on some points, don't get me wrong. But horror is not confined to those boundaries, soldiers experience horror in a multitude of ways. Capcom simply tried to convey horror in other areas, kudos to them for trying but it did not pay off. Horror evolves given the circumstances it is under.

I do agree on some points, don't get me wrong. But horror is not confined to those boundaries, soldiers experience horror in a multitude of ways. Capcom simply tried to convey horror in other areas, kudos to them for trying but it did not pay off. Horror evolves given the circumstances it is under.

I agree with you on importance of new ways of scaring, but Capcom failed us & that's all that matters.And they never gonna learn from their mistakes(they want to make Raccoon city 2 :shakefist: )

I agree with you on importance of new ways of scaring, but Capcom failed us & that's all that matters.And they never gonna learn from their mistakes(they want to make Raccoon city 2 :shakefist: )

Before you slam ORC, it's not the fault of Slant Six...Capcom wouldn't allow them to patch it. So if ORC 2 were to happen, Slant Six did a superb job but Capcom lost interest. Also if Capcom failed us, why was Revelations considered one of the best RE titles ?