Nexuds121

4x Easy Platinums.

40 posts in this topic

I never expected this thread to go crazy as hell lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy/ cheap trophies are seriously stupid as are anybody who goes for them, I mean where do you think you are, a trophy hunting/ collecting site?

 

Seriously though, I have a few "easy" games and plan to get a lot more which I'm sure will cost me the oh-so precious respect of countless users with <10 comments on the forums.

Trust me, I've done far worse in my life than play a few easy games that would cost me your respect.

Live and let live, guys, the only trophy list you need to worry about is your own

Edited by MeteorHawk
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2018 at 1:41 AM, LuciaRosethorn said:

 

You're the type of person who can't handle other people's opinion, he doesn't respect those who play easy games and neither do I. They're literally just there for those who don't care what they play and only the platinum count, that is an opinion.

 

He never attacked an individual but rather these types of games in general while you on the other had have attacked him in which he responded. Saying that he only has 8 platinums meaning he can't say his opinion yet you have less, kinda contradicting. 

 

If someone has any of these games on their profile I lose all respect to that profile, doesn't matter if they have other good platinums, they still choose to play it at some point.

 

Good way to sound like an elitist prick.

 

Not everyone has an impressive profile. I have a few "hard" games but apart from one or two difficult ones none of what I have stand out as being overly challenging.

 

Someone could have Megamind on their profile and they finished that game back in 2010. Do you still lose respect for that profile 8 years later?

 

On 7/30/2018 at 2:36 AM, Carol said:

Honestly, I find it ridiculous and very childish to say that you lose respect for someone’s profile if they have even if just one of these easy platinums. Do you really think people care about what you think? I mean, we live in different countries, we speak different languages, all of us are in different stages of our lives... why should we care about others’ judgment?

In my case, I play a bit of everything and, usually, what I play is, mostly, determined by how much time I have, because, you know, I love trophies and I don’t want to stop earning them, even if I don’t have enough time for more serious games. I have easy platinums, that allowed me to relax after a busy day and I also have platinums that gave me a lot of work and that I am very proud of. 

I love my profile. I couldn’t care less about what some elitist people, Miles away from me and, probably, much younger than me, think about something that I, proudly, built over the years. My profile is just me being myself.

 

People do this because they are behind a computer screen and feel superior.

 

Many elitists are probably too chicken to say half of what they're saying in person. With today's internet culture and people making an entire living just buying groceries online and practically living out their livelihood in their homes, this has only gotten worse.

 

This attitude has only separated ourselves and it has shown over the years. 

 

On 7/30/2018 at 3:11 AM, Gommes_ said:

 

Well, at least he/she is caring about this hobby. Just look at micro transactions, preorder bonusses etc. While it is perfectly fine to appeal to the people not to engage in these things, it is not when talking about easy trophy lists.

 

We as gamers know that engaging in micro transactions is bad for the industry and could lead to games who abuse that mechanic. Appealing to the people on this site however, not to play "games" which basically sell you trophies is not? The argument that it doesn't matter as long as people have fun does not really count, since people can have fun with all kinds of things. Even with paying 500 bucks for skins in Star Wars Battlefront. The outcome of this "fun" however could be worse for people who actually care. And having good single player games and trophies which are not given out for participation is what some still want. 

 

Only in recent times did the ESRB decide to factor in Gambling for the ratings.

 

One can argue that these games are for the better now than they were before. The Playstation 3/Xbox 360 had a ton of games with a tacked on multiplayer, even when they were mostly about the single player. These days a lot of games have thrown out multiplayer entirely, and those that still put multiplayer in their games have rather lenient trophy requirements for the online.

 

Something like Resistance 2 today would probably piss people off. Because of things like the 10,000 kills trophy.

 

Personally I have a lot of respect for the guys who started trophy hunting back in 2008 and have stuff like Resistance 2, Battlefield: Bad Company and Warhawk. Seems we went from that to fluff that anybody can platinum. Not really talking about the good games like The Walking Dead, The Little Acre or Late Shift. Stuff like the new Pooping Game and Orc Slayer which clearly shows Sony has no real quality control. It's the same crap that's on Steam, shovelware that a few people will go out and buy just because it's there.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no fucking way I'll put a game titled like that on my profile, especially not four times. 😏

Edited by fbdbh
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Spaz said:

One can argue that these games are for the better now than they were before. The Playstation 3/Xbox 360 had a ton of games with a tacked on multiplayer, even when they were mostly about the single player. These days a lot of games have thrown out multiplayer entirely, and those that still put multiplayer in their games have rather lenient trophy requirements for the online.

 

Something like Resistance 2 today would probably piss people off. Because of things like the 10,000 kills trophy.

 

Personally I have a lot of respect for the guys who started trophy hunting back in 2008 and have stuff like Resistance 2, Battlefield: Bad Company and Warhawk. Seems we went from that to fluff that anybody can platinum. Not really talking about the good games like The Walking Dead, The Little Acre or Late Shift. Stuff like the new Pooping Game and Orc Slayer which clearly shows Sony has no real quality control. It's the same crap that's on Steam, shovelware that a few people will go out and buy just because it's there.

 

I've been saying that for quite some time now. Sony became like steam in terms of quality control. And seriously, I find it odd that we as a trophy hunter community aren't more vocal about this trend. I also find it funny, that many people claim that platinums are only for you and do not have the purpose to impress others but pretty much everyone has a trophy card tacked under each post. Calling EA out for every single step they make - no biggie and absolutely acceptable. Calling poor games out, which are only being bought for their implemented super easy trophies, on a trophy hunter site - how dare you. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gommes_ said:

I've been saying that for quite some time now. Sony became like steam in terms of quality control. And seriously, I find it odd that we as a trophy hunter community aren't more vocal about this trend. I also find it funny, that many people claim that platinums are only for you and do not have the purpose to impress others but pretty much everyone has a trophy card tacked under each post. Calling EA out for every single step they make - no biggie and absolutely acceptable. Calling poor games out, which are only being bought for their implemented super easy trophies, on a trophy hunter site - how dare you. 

 

I’m sure you know the Mein Leben trophy from Wolfenstein II quite well. People bitched about that because they cannot do it. Okay fine, not like completion was really a thing for some of them. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing games can earn respect? I knew I took up this hobby for some reason!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TIL it's okay to basically publically shame a group of people because you figure they don't actually mind it.

 

emote.png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

TIL it's okay to basically publically shame a group of people because you figure they don't actually mind it.

 

emote.png

It's fine. I don't mind. And besides i'm enjoying this and seeing negative peoples squirm.

On July 30, 2018 at 4:33 PM, KaiserMaglorix said:

Another piss easy list so people can get some easy trophies so they can brag about how many Plats they have. Does anyone remember when earning trophies especially a Platinum was a accomplishment? 😑

Because IT IS an accomplishment for people to platinum for trophy hunters.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 6:59 AM, MeteorHawk said:

Easy/ cheap trophies are seriously stupid as are anybody who goes for them, I mean where do you think you are, a trophy hunting/ collecting site?

 

Seriously though, I have a few "easy" games and plan to get a lot more which I'm sure will cost me the oh-so precious respect of countless users with <10 comments on the forums.

Trust me, I've done far worse in my life than play a few easy games that would cost me your respect.

Live and let live, guys, the only trophy list you need to worry about is your own

Bingo. Everyone is here to play games not earn other people's respect. :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.