PS5 Launch Titles Prediction

StarMadeKnight

40 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Banning games like Manhunt is fucking bullshit. I never thought Australia and others would take there life so seriously just because a very high strong violence game?! 

Back then strong violence was definitely a good way to get your game banned here. Now days violence seems to get an MA15+ Rating R18+ in extreme cases.

Today the rating board goes for games with sexual acts, drug use with the incentive to make the game more easy. (Eg. We happy few) Got banned for drug use with the incentive to make the game more easy. However the banning got turned over so now our stores can sell it.

Anothe example was Fallout 3 originally got refused classification here for having morphine in the game, however BGS changed the name to Med-X and the ban got turned over. Now the rating is MA15+ All because there was morphine in it smh.

15 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

Banning games like Manhunt is fucking bullshit. I never thought Australia and others would take there life so seriously just because a very high strong violence game?! 

It is BS though it's kind of in the past now. As a kid I had NTSC consoles and import or bought pirate from Hong Kongs Golden supermarket which is my avatar currently, I bought NTSC just for 60HZ though even back in those days there where games not available here. Import is cheap so it was always a better option tbh.

• Like 1

there is no way naughty dog will have a ps5 launch title or even a launch window title done.

guerilla is the best chance for a launch title. keep in mind guerilla beefed up their studio to 400 people and want to pump out a game every 2-3 years. if horizon zero dawn 2 isnt a launch title, then a new killzone will.

Edited by EightBitArtist
  • Like 1

I don't think PS5 will be region locked.  Sony had quit that with the PS3 & PS4.  Why would they start that BS again?

My predictions for PS5 launch titles? OK.

SoulCalibur 7

Tekken Tag Tournament 3

Ridge Racer 8 or 9 (I'd hope the PS4 gets an RR title before we get PS5, but I have a bad feeling Namco may have given up on this series)

Final Fantasy XVII

Ys 9

Horizon: Zero Dawn 2

The Legend of Heroes: Trails (the one after the Calvard arc)

Tomb Raider Trilogy remaster (TR 2013, Rise, Shadow)

The Witcher Trilogy remaster

Bloodborne & Dark Souls 3 -  updates for 60 FPS on PS5

• Like 1

God of War 5, developed for the PS4 (God of War II- also a Cory Barlog masterpiece- released on PS2 the year after the PS3 released) but also ported to PS5 with native 4K 60FPS support

New Crash

New Spyro

Call of Duty Whateverthef*#k

Battlefield 6

Uncharted Complete Remastered- including Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Lost LEgacy, both Native 4K 60FPS

• Like 1

Quite likely a shitload of remasters of already previously remastered best-sellers... ?

Plus, hopefully, up-to-the-challenge sequels to some masterpieces like the lastest God of War, Horizon, The Witcher... 

And - let’s dream - a few new, great licences!!! ?

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 2:23 AM, Trellgoth said:

Why are people standing in line naming Rematers?

Weren't the rumours the PS5 will be backwards compatible? Meaning, you will play your PS4 games still on the PS5?

Means, no more Remasters (FINALLY!!).

If you really think that companies will just stop with what is a fairly easy and quick buck, well... I hate to disappoint you?

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed: Journey To The West

A Call of Duty and a Battlefield game.

Fifa and every other yearly sports games

I'd say FF7 Remastered but that's probably going to be in the second or third year after the PS5 Launch.

The obligatory Skyrim port of course.

And PSVR with built in tasers that shock you everytime you get shot or hurt in a game.

Wishfull thinking some sort of AC spin-off about that Night Stalker character from the MP in III and IV.

On 8/5/2018 at 4:33 AM, HellcoreFire said:

Assassin's Creed: Journey To The West

Seriously I would buy that day one xD

To answer the question...ummm

A surprise would be from Koei Tecmo honestly. 

Maybe a Gust game?

Bandai Namco?

Rock*?

But my honest guess would be 

Knack 3

A new Killzone game

Edited by SyumiSan

Day 1 they'll have a bunch of the Steam-level trash quality games just dumped on the store.

But really, we know Sony have no quality control these days so when a new console (PS5) launches there's not going to be a tonne of major games on it immediately, so, maybe new games will be buried by that kind of stuff in the early days xD.

As for serious predictions though...

TLOU 2 will likely have a version available at launch.

Death Stranding might be in the same boat with that, both being quite major late gen games.

Guerilla might have something for launch, honestly I'd like them to revisit Killzone again but a new IP or HZD2 would be welcome too.

FF7, seems quite plausible, it's almost as if next gen is partly why it's taking so long, it's waiting on the next gen. 

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy RPGs so a dream list might be:

Eiyu Densetsu Ao no Kiseki remaster

Eiyu Densetsu Zero no Kiseki remaster 

Eiyu Densetsu Sen no Kiseki III and IV remaster

Final Fantasy VII remake 

Final Fantasy XVI

Kingdom Hearts IV

Star Ocean 6

Persona 6

The next untitled Tales of game

Ys VIII

The Elder Scrolls VI

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 1

IMO, there's no way any majorly sought after release is a console launch title (ie. FF7 remake, TLOU2, Elder Scrolls VI, etc).  And I sincerely doubt they'd water down any big release by trying to release any games like that simultaneously between a PS4 and a PS5.

Like most console launch windows, it'd probably be a collection of...

1. A new release of lesser heard from exclusive series (ie. Gran Turismo).

2. Some PS4 remasters (probably any lower spec ones that could potentially hit 60fps at native 4K, maybe a LittleBigPlanet collection).

3. A random new IP or two that serve more as a tech demo than a full featured release.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 1 year later...

Exclusives: 

Horizon 2

That new Bluepoint Games project that everyone is trying to guess (rumored to be a Demon's Souls remaster) but no one really knows what it is yet

Multiplatform titles:

Cyberpunk 2077

Watch Dogs: Legion

A new Call of Duty

A new FIFA

Those are the safe bets IMO.

I really think that a new Dad of War and Spider-man 2 are 2021 games. Launch year games, basically.