Any tips before starting Mad Max?

HusKy

I agree with @Zolkovo if you intend to play Mad Max. I myself just tried to save scrap but in the end, you indeed have way too much so just spend it whenever you want. Also try to fully clear an outpost once you've killed all enemies, having to go back to them all later is hell.

However, I would recommend not to play this game at all to begin with as I've described in my thread here:

If i could go back in time to stop myself from playing this game i definitely would have done so,

• Like 2

You’re good to go. You already mentioned it yourself but not dying or quitting during an autosave should be your main focus in my opinion. Quick note that I had zero issues with this game and I didn’t even knew back then that this game was glitchy. Ofcourse that doesn’t mean it can’t happen to you, but you should play it. It’s a good game!

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the input! Hopefully I won't encounter any unfixable issues.

On 30. 7. 2018 at 4:16 PM, Zolkovo said:

The buggy container you mentioned I prioritised asap which meant ignoring side content and focusing on story missions until unlocking Pink Eye's territory to be able to access that location.

Focus on challenges, especially ground combat and car ones as you play through the game rather than leave it til the end. This saved me so much time since my final playtime was something like 40 hours.

Now this is interesting. Would you be able to describe your playthrough in sort of a short step by step guide? 40 hours is impressive :o

As for the location tracking, make sure that the number in the statistics section matches the one in the challenges e.g. if 5/191 in challenges, it should say 41/227 in statistics.

This is a good tip, I completely forgot about a global counter which I have read about elsewhere.

The biggest tip I can give you is to build the scrap crew in all the strongholds as soon as fucking possible.

Didn't know this was a thing. Good to know for sure.

Edited by HusKyCode
  • Like 1

I actually got MM on the off chance that it may be at least OK and never read any reviews in prep for it:

A year after story completion; the scrap collecting and all other objectives; I just Platted it earlier on:

The save slot in game was corrupt stopping me from unlocking the last challenge Ratting Your Dags

But I did it / worked it out it earlier: Heres my Video Popping my Platinum

I was shocked at how good it was for a low key game: In fact I loved this game and was disappointed that it was over:

Heres to hoping WB / Avalanche create a Part Two or another separate MM Game:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

I agree with @Zolkovo if you intend to play Mad Max. I myself just tried to save scrap but in the end, you indeed have way too much so just spend it whenever you want. Also try to fully clear an outpost once you've killed all enemies, having to go back to them all later is hell.

However, I would recommend not to play this game at all to begin with as I've described in my thread here:

If i could go back in time to stop myself from playing this game i definitely would have done so,

+1 for this, got the plat, but kinda regret putting myself through it tbh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...