Best Power-Leveling Area (SPOILERS)

Narniak

1st Floor Lecture Building.  To get here early you have to first find the Tonsil Stone, given to you by talking to one of the NPCs at doors after first entering the Forbidden Woods.  I received mine from the NPC in the house near the dog cages in Forbidden Woods.  Next warp to Grand Cathedral, run down the stairs outside and turn left, then run all the way down the long winding stairs, there will be 2 Hunters, then possibly a Snatcher along the rocky path to the right, then drop down for a couple gun goons, and finally 2 Executioners who guard a large doorway.  Get through this doorway with the Tonsil Stone in your inventory and you will be "transported" by a lesser Amygdala to the Lecture Building, which I believe is part of the Nightmare world.  After lighting the lantern this will now be a warp location from a headstone in Hunter's Dream. 

Once inside the 1st Floor Lecture Building, you have to find the "Lecture Theatre Key" to the locked door on the right side, about halfway down the long hallway.  WARNING, if you open the door all the way at the very end of the long hallway you will be automatically transported to the Nightmare Frontier.  If you are playing in Online Mode and this is your first time entering Nightmare Frontier, you will most likely be INSTANTLY INVADED by other hostile players who just love to troll this area, probably before you even have a chance to light the lantern and warp out to Hunter's Dream. 

Back to the Lecture Building, the key is on a corpse in the opposite large Theatre Room, to which the door will be open from the hallway.  Once you finally have the door unlocked, inside the Theatre Room there are 15-20 pathetically easy, slow-moving "Slime Scholars".  You can slaughter them very quickly as they all try to squeeze through the doorway at the same time.  Using Moon rune(s) helps rack up the blood echoes even faster.  I only have one +10% Moon rune so far, and I'm still getting 12,000+ echoes per run, with each run only taking a couple minutes.  Even at level 70+ this means a new level gained every 5-10 minutes of grinding with this method, not too shabby!  Make sure to stock up on Bold Hunter's Marks and use them to warp back to the lantern, keeping your souls, and respawning the enemies without having to endure the annoying long load screens back and forth to Hunter's Dream!  TIME FOR CHEESE!!

• Like 1

I used Narniak's spot during the middle part of my playthrough, it's a great spot (and I never got invaded). If you're lucky, one of the enemies drops a Sedative.

For late game, I recommend Wet Nurse's Lunarium: Go down the Elevator, down the stairs, kill the group of enemies, on your right Hand are stairs with two enemies you can use a visc attack on (if you have a rune equipped, that's extra XP), back up the stairs, there's gonna be 3 giant Mutant pigs, follow the way to use visc attack on the enemy Standing at the balcony, another two enemies down the stairs, just follow the path down and you will find the other lantern to go back to the hunters dream. [~50.000-60.000 XP and usually ~10 blood vials]

For late late game: chalice runs, just pick a dungeon that suits you most. Also, it helps to ring your small bell everytime you enter a dungeon, so you can defeat the bosses with other Players in case someone Needs help -> quick way to get a huge amount of XP. Don't forget to change your network Settings to global to find Players more quickly or use the Short Ritual Root Chalice if you're in for the bosses)

Edited by ombowombo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mergo's Loft: Middle is what I did before chalices. Find and equip the 3 moon runes before you farm. You can just run past the first group of Yharnam, you get a free visceral on the first pig, then just run into the group of Yharnam and let them and the pigs battle it out.

Video

For very very late game, after you've created a FRC (Fetid, Rotten, Cursed) Pthumeru Ihyll chalice (root chalice required, it's the last one that drops in this series of chalices) search for the glyph w6qvjakg. There's two hunters with their backs turned for easy viscerals in the first room. They're quite tough, but drop 170K echoes each with 3 moon runes. I found them better than heir runes since I rarely got a chance to kill them with viscerals.

Video

Reddit post, for more detailed information.

Edited by Grindroid
  • Like 1

There is a Pthumeru labyrinth dungeon that I was came across this weekend. The enemies are mostly rats and these easy black slug things (fextra life calls them celestial larvae). The first level takes me roughly 10 minutes to do and I was getting 60k blood echoes per clear with just one moon rune equipped. I am level 60 with +6 blades of mercy, it usually took two full stamina bars worth of attacks to kill something. So the area was semi-challenging. However, if you're upgraded farther, you can probably go through it much faster. The rats are tightly bunched and can overwhelm you. I used pebbles to get them to come to me in smaller doses. The slug things cause frenzy if you aren't careful with them. Other than that, there are four more enemies that can all be engaged individually. I could have farmed it for quite a while, but I'm trying to stay in range of a friend that I'm co-oping with. Even so, I farmed up 200k blood echoes and just bought a ton of blood vials, weapons. etc. 

Glyph: pz5weaas

Edited by BigHonkingOne

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2018 at 7:38 AM, Goshyiyo said:

Mergo's Loft: Middle is what I did before chalices. Find and equip the 3 moon runes before you farm. You can just run past the first group of Yharnam, you get a free visceral on the first pig, then just run into the group of Yharnam and let them and the pigs battle it out.

Video

For very very late game, after you've created a FRC (Fetid, Rotten, Cursed) Pthumeru Ihyll chalice (root chalice required, it's the last one that drops in this series of chalices) search for the glyph w6qvjakg. There's two hunters with their backs turned for easy viscerals in the first room. They're quite tough, but drop 170K echoes each with 3 moon runes. I found them better than heir runes since I rarely got a chance to kill them with viscerals.

Video

Reddit post, for more detailed information.

For main game indeed Mergo's loft Middle is the best area to farm echos. You can get about 100k in a run with the right runes.

Very nice post!

On 31/07/2018 at 0:49 AM, Narniak said:

1st Floor Lecture Building.  To get here early you have to first find the Tonsil Stone, given to you by talking to one of the NPCs at doors after first entering the Forbidden Woods.  I received mine from the NPC in the house near the dog cages in Forbidden Woods.  Next warp to Grand Cathedral, run down the stairs outside and turn left, then run all the way down the long winding stairs, there will be 2 Hunters, then possibly a Snatcher along the rocky path to the right, then drop down for a couple gun goons, and finally 2 Executioners who guard a large doorway.  Get through this doorway with the Tonsil Stone in your inventory and you will be "transported" by a lesser Amygdala to the Lecture Building, which I believe is part of the Nightmare world.  After lighting the lantern this will now be a warp location from a headstone in Hunter's Dream. 

Once inside the 1st Floor Lecture Building, you have to find the "Lecture Theatre Key" to the locked door on the right side, about halfway down the long hallway.  WARNING, if you open the door all the way at the very end of the long hallway you will be automatically transported to the Nightmare Frontier.  If you are playing in Online Mode and this is your first time entering Nightmare Frontier, you will most likely be INSTANTLY INVADED by other hostile players who just love to troll this area, probably before you even have a chance to light the lantern and warp out to Hunter's Dream. 

Back to the Lecture Building, the key is on a corpse in the opposite large Theatre Room, to which the door will be open from the hallway.  Once you finally have the door unlocked, inside the Theatre Room there are 15-20 pathetically easy, slow-moving "Slime Scholars".  You can slaughter them very quickly as they all try to squeeze through the doorway at the same time.  Using Moon rune(s) helps rack up the blood echoes even faster.  I only have one +10% Moon rune so far, and I'm still getting 12,000+ echoes per run, with each run only taking a couple minutes.  Even at level 70+ this means a new level gained every 5-10 minutes of grinding with this method, not too shabby!  Make sure to stock up on Bold Hunter's Marks and use them to warp back to the lantern, keeping your souls, and respawning the enemies without having to endure the annoying long load screens back and forth to Hunter's Dream!  TIME FOR CHEESE!!

I made a platinum in 10 hours walkthrough for bloodborne and I second that this is the MOST EFFICIENT farming spot you first get access to

Can I add some extra advice on top.of this, these enemies are weak to fire and you can pick up a fixed fire gem some point earlier in the story.

In my guide, we would beeline to this farming spot and by the time we got here, with a Saw Cleaver upgraded slightly with the fire gem attached, we would kill all these in 1 shot each.

It was like 60 sec cycles.

Hands down, that the most efficient farming spot early on if you build yourself right to one shot them. Later on, the grinding spots become much more debatable

• Like 1