Need for Speed Games - Worth it?

I'm always surprised to hear about the hate NFS 2015 gets. It's been a few years since I got the plat, but I remember it being really fun. But I'm a sucker for cities at night, and 2015 pulls it off amazingly well, so maybe that's why.

Meanwhile, I'm now trying to plat Payback, and holy hell, I might just have to give up. It's basically just the activities I have to do, but the handling is so bad, so consistently unsatisfying that going anywhere and doing anything is a chore. I actually had to beat the game a second time (completed it years ago and deleted my save data) and those Off-Road sections were painful. And Drag. What were they thinking?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i fully agree with the poster above

i dont play many racing games so every time i play one it's a very fresh and novel thing for me (was planning on playing Payback this week maybe)

NFS 2015 for me is a very special game

my only problem is that bc of the online only nature of the game, i had difficulty in some races at some times of the day, bc i would get dc/ed or the blue guide track would disappear in the middle of the race

i got frustrated bc that constantly happened during this one race and i actually deleted the game in the middle of my playthrough

but i reinstalled like two days later bc of this track by Dimension 'Move Faster' that was stuck in my head

i didnt know the name of the track at the time and gradually i wanted to jump back into the game so i reinstalled it and ended up loving it

i love the constant night time atmosphere, the huge map and the soundtrack i think is fantastic, not just Dimension but also Aero Chord has two great tracks on it

i actually hadnt been listening to music for years at that point, i used to be into rock and heavy metal music but those genres have gotten very stale and kinda lame imo so i stopped listening a long time ago

it wa thanks to playing this game and Dimension's 'Move Faster' that im now listening to music again, still not that much but im very happy about it. i used to be into electronic music a long time ago so it's great to be back into it

now im heavily into particularly UK drum n bass music (which is where the genre originates anyway) but there's ofc Netsky who's from Belgium and Maduk who's from the Netherlands

lots of great artists but Dimension and Sub Focus i think are the best, 1991, Friction, Culture Shock and Cyantific i think are fantastic too. i wasnt even using youtube much anymore but now im subscribed to UKF Drum & Bass and some others like Liquicity and Monstercat

not sure why i went off into that rant but yeah i see a lot of dislike for this game so i thought id show it some appreciation. i actually want to play it some more this upcoming autumn and i will

unfortunalely i heard the soundtrack for NFS Heat sucks LOL so it doesnt sound very exciting but ill give it a go, i just hope they bring in a lot of DnB and Trap music for the next title. Payback ive no idea how the soundtrack is but im gonna play it anyway so ill see

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD

Ranking of the Trophy NFS Games (personal opinion):

1. Undercover

2. Hot Pursuit

3. Shift

4. The Run

5. Shift 2

6. Heat

7. 2015

8. Payback

9. Most Wanted 2012

10. Rivals

All NFS Games I have played (since Underground)

1. OG Most Wanted (2005)

2. Underground 2

3. Carbon

4. Underground

5. Undercover

6. Hot Pursuit

7. Shift

8. The Run

9. Shift 2

10. Pro Street

11. Heat

12. 2015

13. Payback

14. Most Wanted 2012

15. Rivals

That being said it makes me a bit sad, that they are remastering hot pursuit since it's only nr. 6 on my list. There is a big gap between nr. 5 and 6 and the first 4 games are very beloved of the community...

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, westersburg said:

Ranking of the Trophy NFS Games (personal opinion):

1. Undercover

2. Hot Pursuit

3. Shift

4. The Run

5. Shift 2

6. Heat

7. 2015

8. Payback

9. Most Wanted 2012

10. Rivals

All NFS Games I have played (since Underground)

1. OG Most Wanted (2005)

2. Underground 2

3. Carbon

4. Underground

5. Undercover

6. Hot Pursuit

7. Shift

8. The Run

9. Shift 2

10. Pro Street

11. Heat

12. 2015

13. Payback

14. Most Wanted 2012

15. Rivals

That being said it makes me a bit sad, that they are remastering hot pursuit since it's only nr. 6 on my list. There is a big gap between nr. 5 and 6 and the first 4 games are very beloved of the community...

I liked The Run, Carbon, and Heat all quite a bit.

Disliked Hot Pursuit and Rivals (just can’t get into the cops vs. racers tech gadget stuff).

The Underground games were great.  Very much wish they remastered those instead of Hot Pursuit too.

Edited by djb5f