The Sinking City (2019) Trailer Oozes Creepy Lovecraftian Cthulu

ziggypossum

An open world, open story, investigation game inspired by H.P. Lovecraft. 

"The Sinking City" is coming to PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 27th 2019.

Tortured by his past and otherworldly visions, Charles W. Reed, a private investigator finds himself in Oakmont, Massachusetts, seeking salvation from the creeping insanity that afflicts him. Once a trade harbour known for its lucrative smuggling business, Oakmont now lives in secluded isolation from the rest of the world, under a flood of supernatural origins. In this place of decay and superstition; players will have to deal with the dregs of mankind, follow clues they wish they had never found, and unveil a cosmic horror threatening the world itself.

Frogwares Shares First Gameplay Trailer for The Sinking City

https://wccftech.com/first-gameplay-trailer-the-sinking-city/

Edited by ziggypossum
UPD: release date
  • Like 2

Cool stuff.

Let's all remember that Frogwares were the devs behind MagRunner: Dark Pulse, a first person magnetic puzzler set in the Cthulhu mythos on PS3/X360 which holds up well (played through it again last month, having not touched it for four years).

After MagRunner they said they had started work on a Call Of Cthulhu RPG game, but they've been silent for so long I started to think the project was abandoned. I'm reasonably sure that this The Sinking City is the project they've been working on for four to five years now.

I hope it'll be awesome. This reveal is the best PS4 news I've had in years. Thanks for sharing @ziggypossum!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 7:42 PM, communistwookiee said:

I find it a little funny that more devs are using the "less crowded time frame" reasoning for delays. I'm fine with the delay overall. Even the most recent trailer looks like it needed more polish.

Agreed. I stopped at about 49 seconds, when he sees some monster running towards him, and appears to fire his gun about 6 inches above its head.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...