Diablo III PS3 preorder bonus

Lady Lilith

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/29/4282890/diablo-3-ps3-blizzard-pre-order-59-99-infernal-helm-incentive

Blizzard Entertainment opened pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 version of Diablo 3 at select retailers today, the company announced, with the console release of last year's action RPG retailing for $59.99.

Pre-orders of Diablo 3 on PS3 will net players an in-game item, the Infernal Helm, which gives players an experience point boost. The game is available for pre-order at Amazon, GameStop and Walmart in the United States. A list of retailers in other countries is available at the official Diablo 3 website.

The PS3 version of Diablo 3 features a new user interface designed to work with a gamepad, a new camera perspective and updates to the game's boss battles, Blizzard said in a release. Cooperative multiplayer for up to four players, both local and online through Sony's PlayStation Network, is included. New screenshots and a gameplay video of the console version were added to the official Diablo 3 website today.

Diablo 3 for PS3 is listed for release later this year. Blizzard announced in February that a PlayStation 4 release is also in development. The game was originally released on Windows PC and Mac in May 2012.

diablo_3_ps3_boxart.jpg

• Like 2

What worries me are the controls... Pc gamers get macros, etc - this will probably be watered down...

From what I recall, Diablo on the original PlayStation worked pretty well so I'll go ahead and assume this one will play decent with a gamepad as well. If Blizzard were really smart, they'd allow the game to be played with a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 and PS4, assuming the next console supports keyboard and mouse.

Parker

• Like 2

Blizzard games on consoles?  That's like...the first and last good thing to come out of post-Activision Blizzard.

Not sure what to do though, played Diabo 2 for years...but heard terrible stuff about the third.  Oh well.  Preorder and hope for the best.  I've spent 60 dollars on much worse.

From what I recall, Diablo on the original PlayStation worked pretty well so I'll go ahead and assume this one will play decent with a gamepad as well. If Blizzard were really smart, they'd allow the game to be played with a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 and PS4, assuming the next console supports keyboard and mouse.  Parker

I'd like to agree and fully agree on Kb/mouse for ps4.

In regards to controls however, diablo was pre-WoW and ' my mouse needs 24 buttons'

What worries me are the controls... Pc gamers get macros, etc - this will probably be watered down...

I imagine the game will employ a couple radial pop-up menus similar to Dragon Age, Mass Effect 3, and even Assassin's Creed games. I don't think there will be a real issue. The folks that played and loved it on PC may struggle a bit and call it crap but, i'm willing to have "crap" controls if it means I can explore the world of Sanctuary from my PS3 ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...