Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lady Lilith

Diablo III PS3 preorder bonus

12 posts in this topic

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/29/4282890/diablo-3-ps3-blizzard-pre-order-59-99-infernal-helm-incentive

Blizzard Entertainment opened pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 version of Diablo 3 at select retailers today, the company announced, with the console release of last year's action RPG retailing for $59.99.

Pre-orders of Diablo 3 on PS3 will net players an in-game item, the Infernal Helm, which gives players an experience point boost. The game is available for pre-order at Amazon, GameStop and Walmart in the United States. A list of retailers in other countries is available at the official Diablo 3 website.

The PS3 version of Diablo 3 features a new user interface designed to work with a gamepad, a new camera perspective and updates to the game's boss battles, Blizzard said in a release. Cooperative multiplayer for up to four players, both local and online through Sony's PlayStation Network, is included. New screenshots and a gameplay video of the console version were added to the official Diablo 3 website today.

Diablo 3 for PS3 is listed for release later this year. Blizzard announced in February that a PlayStation 4 release is also in development. The game was originally released on Windows PC and Mac in May 2012.

diablo_3_ps3_boxart.jpg

I have been waiting for this for many years :yay:

I can't believe there's finally some light at the end of the tunnel :awesome:

I am not sure if I should get this game. I have never played a Diablo before and I have nearly no clue what it is like. I would rather wait for reviews and the inevitable opinion sharing forum created.

Meh.  I thought it looked like crap through the PC version.  Can't imagine it being any better on PS3.  I'll pass.  I'd be more impressed if they made an HD Diablo 2.

I'll probably pick this up on the PlayStation 4 when it releases. I wonder if that version will get the same pre-order bonuses.

Parker

What worries me are the controls... Pc gamers get macros, etc - this will probably be watered down...

What worries me are the controls... Pc gamers get macros, etc - this will probably be watered down...

From what I recall, Diablo on the original PlayStation worked pretty well so I'll go ahead and assume this one will play decent with a gamepad as well. If Blizzard were really smart, they'd allow the game to be played with a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 and PS4, assuming the next console supports keyboard and mouse.

Parker

Blizzard games on consoles?  That's like...the first and last good thing to come out of post-Activision Blizzard.

Not sure what to do though, played Diabo 2 for years...but heard terrible stuff about the third.  Oh well.  Preorder and hope for the best.  I've spent 60 dollars on much worse.

From what I recall, Diablo on the original PlayStation worked pretty well so I'll go ahead and assume this one will play decent with a gamepad as well. If Blizzard were really smart, they'd allow the game to be played with a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 and PS4, assuming the next console supports keyboard and mouse.  Parker

I'd like to agree and fully agree on Kb/mouse for ps4.

In regards to controls however, diablo was pre-WoW and ' my mouse needs 24 buttons'

im VERY excited about this... but i have a feeling that the PS4 version will be better... the question is should i wait or buy TWO copies, lol... :awesome:

I imagine the game will employ a couple radial pop-up menus similar to Dragon Age, Mass Effect 3, and even Assassin's Creed games. I don't think there will be a real issue. The folks that played and loved it on PC may struggle a bit and call it crap but, i'm willing to have "crap" controls if it means I can explore the world of Sanctuary from my PS3 ;)