How high would you rate the difficulty to plat Nioh?

Quink666

So Nioh is on sale and pretty cheap atm onlt 13 bucks. Been meaning to pick it up for some time now. 

But i still dont know if i'll be able to plat it since im not exactly a souls veteran. I platted Bloodborne and DsK3. 

Can you plat the game solo or is co-op needed?

How difficult (1-10) was it for you to plat and did you solo everything?

The plat isn't too hard, i'd say it's between 4/10 ~ 7/10 (depending on the player's skill), there is never a point where co-op is required to start a mission, so you can unlock the plat either solo or co-op. I personally played most missions with @Aranea Highwind because we basically got the game to play it together. 

It's worth mentioning that getting the plat is much easier than getting the 100% in Nioh.

28 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I platted Bloodborne and DsK3. 

I never played a Soulsborne game before and got the plat, i'm sure you can do it too! ^^

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

I personally think it's harder then Dark Souls or any other game in that genre. With Dark Souls I tend to die a couple of times but with Nioh it's a lot more, the base game is fine it's DLC (if you want to do that). With each DLC it adds a new difficulty, so five overall.

It isn't until Way of the Demon (NG+2) in which the game becomes difficult, it expects you to actually have a good knowledge of the game if you don't then you'll be dying a lot. Again the base game is fine, its the DLC which is going to cause problems. Even with max stats people die within 1-3 hits, it's more about not getting hit and using combos, spirit guardian and having strong equipment. You also have an easier time with swords since you can do a certain move which kills things quickly, I used tonfa's and spears which made me struggle but I'm also not the type who learns combos.

Base game 3-6.

DLC 6-9.

Strange I heard this game is alot harder then bloodborne? Only part in bloodborne that was a pain was the half life dungeons!! I never what to do that again ... Does this game have something like that? If not I will pick it up lol

• Like 1

The spear has a lot of reach so that can be handy because you can hit things before they can reach you. However, you do have to level up all weapons eventually and none of them feel gimped compared to others. There's just some difference in how you need to approach a situation when you have a slow weapon vs a fast weapon and things like that.  

7 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Strange I heard this game is alot harder then bloodborne? Only part in bloodborne that was a pain was the half life dungeons!! I never what to do that again ... Does this game have something like that? If not I will pick it up lol

They feel like the same difficulty level to me but I haven't ever completed Nioh. I am redoing Bloodborne and kind of dreading that particular chalice dungeon you mentioned. Nioh hasn't had anything like those so far. The closest thing I've seen are nightmare realm quests which are much harder than regular ones. However, they display a recommended level so I'm sure if you are at that recommended level, you can handle them. They show up way before you are ready though. Like at level 20 you'll see level 75 nightmare realm quests on the map screen. I went into one really early and had a bad time lol.

Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Everyone has different experiences with these games so everyone will find it harder or easier. Bloodborne is actually the second easiest souls game behind Dark souls 3 for a lot of people and I agree, only times I died a bunch was when someone tried to PvP and I walked of a ledge (I just want to play the game and don't care about fighting other people). I personally love Japanese mythology so this game really peaked my interest, you like/do better in games which you have more interest in. ^_^ 

Hmmmm, only thing I can think of is the Abyss in the DLC. It has 999 floors (only need to do 20) in which you must fight a boss or two on each floor while having debuffs which you can remove them, doing so you need to go to different rooms and they can be a waste of potions, you can summon people to help you but no one ever plays Abyss so it would only work if you had friends who could help really. The floors increase in strength each time, floor 1-5 is NG, 6-10 NG+, 11-20 is NG+2 so you will need to wait until you have unlocked NG+2 and gotten better gear otherwise you won't be able to do it. Of course if you do summon someone in they can do all the work for you.

@Quink666 It would be best if you looked it up since a lot of builds have been nerfed and so it's hard to suggest anything, it also wouldn't make much sense to someone who hasn't played the game since people will be recommending you gear names, what skills to use and particular weapons. if you're just doing the base game you can equip anything, it's only needed to look things up like that when you reach NG+2.

Edited by LuciaRosethorn
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

The spear has a lot of reach so that can be handy because you can hit things before they can reach you. However, you do have to level up all weapons eventually and none of them feel gimped compared to others. There's just some difference in how you need to approach a situation when you have a slow weapon vs a fast weapon and things like that.  

They feel like the same difficulty level to me but I haven't ever completed Nioh. I am redoing Bloodborne and kind of dreading that particular chalice dungeon you mentioned. Nioh hasn't had anything like those so far. The closest thing I've seen are nightmare realm quests which are much harder than regular ones. However, they display a recommended level so I'm sure if you are at that recommended level, you can handle them. They show up way before you are ready though. Like at level 20 you'll see level 75 nightmare realm quests on the map screen. I went into one really early and had a bad time lol.

YES I HATE THAT DUNGEON!!! The game is 3/10 but with that one dungeon it bumps up to 6/10 for me maybe 7/10 it was a nightmare for me took me 2 1/2 days to get by that SIGH!!  So, Nioh is easier and nothing like that you say ... mmmm

• Like 1

From my experience the base game is a lot of trial and error like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. However I didn't feel like I struggled as much as I did with Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Bosses will more than likely kill you several times and you will also likely experience a lot of deaths fighting the regular enemies especially if you get outnumbered, but I felt the learning curve for the bosses was simpler since they don't do anything too out there. They all have a second phase but they don't do a big power up like Father Gascoigne or other Souls bosses where it feels like a "You thought this was hard? This is the real fight" sort of thing. And even if you really are struggling you can either summon help or most of the time you can level up and go back to it later since the game is mission based.

As far as builds, Team Ninja nerfed pretty much any of the worthwhile builds. It comes more down to what weapon you're comfortable with and how you allocate your stats and gear. Since the gear in the game functions like Diablo, you're going to get a lot of gear that compliments the weapons and vice-versa. Just be sure to check the stat bonuses on your gear if you're going for armor. For example, there's an armor set called Warrior of the West that lets you do more close-combat damage and if you have enough pieces equipped the armor can auto-heal you (not as powerful as it sounds but it can be useful) and you get other defense bonuses while having other pieces equipped. As far as weapons just try out every kind and see which one you feel suits you better. And if you feel you messed up with your stats or something you can buy a Book of Reincarnation that lets you respec your skills for 10,000 Gold at the Blacksmith.

Overall the Platinum gets a 6/10 in difficulty for me just behind Soulsborne since you get so much more options to work with alongside the co-op and leveling being much more accessible compared to those games.

• Like 1

Little harder that from soft games.

Latest patch with way of demon is literally ninja gaidens way of the master ninja.Way of the demon is hard.

COOP through YOKAI realm tori gate is the best way to farm lvl up and rush through maps.

Good game though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

That sentence right there just sold me on the game. Love farming gear hoping for good rolls =)

Yeah, you'll like it then :P The game really gives you a ton of items that lately I get more money selling stuff than playing through the levels.

• Like 1

Nioh is amazing mate, this comes from a guy that adores the soul series. The Platinum isn't that hard because you only need to finish all missions on the base difficulty. It's sad really since way of the demon is by far the best standard difficult in the game, at least you can promise me you will play the dlc and 100 then :P.

Overall is such a fantastic game, was beyond happy with the announcement of the sequel at E3. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Now to my 2nd question is there a preffered build or weapon that is better then any other, but still not considered "OP"?

Back when the game was new, the meta was definitely ninja builds. But that's not to say an onmyo (magic) build is bad, in fact, one of the best abilities in the game comes from the onmyo skill tree, which is called Sloth, it basically makes most enemies move slower, however there are certain enemies that either can't be affected by it or they are strong against it (the effect goes away much quicker).

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that there are elements in this game, you can acquire weapons that have "earth" or "wind" attached to it, and every time you attack you will do [element] damage to the enemy, if you attack an enemy enough times with that element, they will get debuffed, each element gives a different debuff... but the game never explains what exactly they do, i can list them all to you though:

• Fire: Enemy will take damage over time. (burning)
  • Lightning: Attack and movement speed of the enemy will become slower.
  • Earth: Enemy will take double Ki damage. (easier to stagger enemy)
  • Water: Enemy will take more damage.
  • Wind: Makes the enemy deal less damage and makes it less likely they will block attacks.

So as you can see, you can also potentially "main" an element. If you debuff an enemy with two or more elements at the same time, they will get heavily staggered, so a good strategy is to use weapons that have two different elements, that way you debuff the enemy with both and they get staggered. This strat is not tied to a certain build, but just a general mechanic in the game.

The weapon types are a matter of preference IMO, i personally liked using the katana, double swords and spears, sometimes an axe if i had just gotten a good one. There is a lightning axe in the game that's really good, it's called the Kaido Axe. I remember when i got that one for the first time it would shred enemies quite easily plus debuff them, when i was in NG+(+++...) i didn't use it much though, even after getting a high level version of it.

• Like 1

Just completed the tutorial and part of the first mission and its hella fun, but it seems to somewhat of a learning curve. A game that easy to learn but hard to master kinda game. Constantly running out of Ki or stamina after 3 attacks but im getting there when it comes to using the Ki pulse. Can't wait to get some levels and gear and slowly progress through this nightmare.

Edited by Quink666

I thought the base game was not too difficult compared to Bloodborne and I would rate the plat difficulty to be a 5/10; however if you’re going for 100%, then it gets bumped up to a 6-7/10. Way of the Demon (NG++) is initially difficult, but as you get better weapons and the right build it gets easier. I used a Living Weapon build with the fire wolf or fire bird and I destroyed everything on WOTD. I’d HIGHLY recommend you pick up this game if it’s on sale, definitely worth it!

• Like 1

I can’t say how hard going for just the platinum is as I went for 100%. The hardest part of going for the platinum will be completing all missions as there have been updates that add double boss fights to that list so if you struggle against any of those individual bosses then taking on another as well is going to be rough. I highly recommend getting the Season Pass while it’s on sale as all of the DLC is fantastic. I personally found going for 100% laughably easy. Playing through every single base game and DLC mission on the 3rd difficulty, Way Of The Demon, was by far my favourite of my 3 playthroughs. I have seen a few people on here say WotD is hard but with the right build it’s an absolute cakewalk. I personally used this build when I got 100% back in April and I died 3 times going through the base game missions and a few more times on the DLC solely because the build I was using was so good I didn’t bother playing through the second and third DLCs on an easier difficulty before playing on WotD so I didn’t know exactly what to expect.

Spoiler

And even though I have hundreds of hours of experience playing the Souls games, I always went with a sword and shield build so coming to Nioh which has no shields, my experience only prepared me for the game mechanics. However the combat of no shield in Bloodborne and to a lesser extent, The Witcher 3, was enough for me to not find the combat in Nioh much of a challenge to get used to.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:47 PM, Nai_Lienoj said:

I thought the base game was not too difficult compared to Bloodborne and I would rate the plat difficulty to be a 5/10; however if you’re going for 100%, then it gets bumped up to a 6-7/10. Way of the Demon (NG++) is initially difficult, but as you get better weapons and the right build it gets easier. I used a Living Weapon build with the fire wolf or fire bird and I destroyed everything on WOTD. I’d HIGHLY recommend you pick up this game if it’s on sale, definitely worth it!

I loved Bloodborne so, say that I did hate the chalice dungeon  with half the health SIGH!! My question is anything resemble this part lol  

Edited by Titanomachy_75

12 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I loved Bloodborne so, say that I did hate the chalice dungeon  with half the health SIGH!! My question is anything resemble this part lol  

I don’t think there is a mission where you have to play with half health, I don’t remember lol. But there are some missions that require you to fight some enemies with low level gear, I had to fight a huge electric beast with a wooden sword. And from what I remember, that mission is required if you’re going for 100%.