5 PSVR Games Recommendations for a Potential buyer

PhantomFear94

Hey guys. 

I haven't got PS VR, but am seriously tempted to indulge (may get one with my Xmas bonus in 5 months). 

What 5 games would you recommend? 

The one's I currently have on my radar are as follows: 

DOOM VFR, Moss, Statik, The Inpatient, Batman: Arkham VR, The Persistance, and Accounting +.

I'd also play Resi 7 and Superhot VR for fun on a backup, but probably wouldn't be looking to Resident Evil 7 again on my main profile(did it on Xbox, and although it was my GOTY in 2017 i don't have the energy to spend 60 hours getting the 100% again.)

I've only played a handful but Resident Evil 7 in VR mode and SUPERHOT VR are must plays IMO.  Both are great representations of how cool VR can be, and RE7 at least is a full game and not just a concept/tech demo (not that SUPERHOT VR isn't a full game, but its short, not sure about trophies tho).

I played Skyrim VR as well, which is pretty badass... though I've kinda gotten over my '100+ hour pseudo RPG' phase and am not too interested in playing it seriously at the moment.  I'd recommend it though if you're into that kinda game, especially if you have the Move controllers to go with it.

EDIT: I also own The Invisible Hours and Moss... both of which seem like well regarded VR titles.  Haven't played them yet though.  I've heard so-so things about The Inpatient and decided to pass on it myself.

Edited by Dreakon13

Superhot VR from me as well. Must play.

Personally, I love Eagle Flight. 

Headmaster is an early favorite for many people,

Sprint Vector is pretty cool and a bit less popular,

and maybe some simulator/car game? DIRT 3 VR, RIGS, GT Sport, Eve Valkyrie. Not sure which one would be best, but I found cockpit games really selling VR well.

Edit: Resident Evil VII is, from what I've heard, also a must play. Pretty much only AAA VR game currently available. Not for the faint of heart.

Edited by AkodoRyu

5 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I don't think this is available on PSVR, and at the moment it sounds pretty uncertain if it ever will be.

Oh shoot you're right. I remember Bethesda announcing it'll be on VR and I remember the release date being around last December but after looking into it, it was just on PC. Oops

For people just starting VR, I always recommend Job Simulator and Rick and Morty. Both are fun mess around games that don't take too much skill to enjoy.

Superhot is usually the next one I recommend because people always have a lot of fun with it. I haven't personally played it, but it really gets people moving.

I personally started with Batman. Batman is a bit much to start with and it's a bit confusing, but it's so immersive that I recommend picking it up and trying it when you get a bit more comfortable. 

VR Worlds has some beautiful graphics. The games are a bit demo-y, but they are really nice demos. It usually goes on sale for less then $10, so I would recommend it for that price.

Waddle Home has penguins.

Stay away from Weeping Doll and Dying Light. Fuzzy, glitchy, poor story. 

• Like 1

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is a really fun (and stressful) couch coop game. One person in the headset trying to defuse a bomb while the other players try to explain the manual. While not exclusively in VR, being inside the headset certainly adds a different element to the game.

26 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Hey guys. 

I haven't got PS VR, but am seriously tempted to indulge (may get one with my Xmas bonus in 5 months). 

What 5 games would you recommend? 

The one's I currently have on my radar are as follows: 

DOOM VFR, Moss, Statik, The Inpatient, Batman: Arkham VR, The Persistance, and Accounting +.

I'd also play Resi 7 and Superhot VR for fun on a backup, but probably wouldn't be looking to Resident Evil 7 again on my main profile(did it on Xbox, and although it was my GOTY in 2017 i don't have the energy to spend 60 hours getting the 100% again.)

From that list I have played and enjoyed Statik, Batman Arkham VR and Accounting+.

I bought SUPERHOT VR but haven't started it yet since I first wanted to get through the regular game. Love how many people in this thread recommend SUPERHOT VR, seeing as I really enjoyed playing through the regular game yesterday, that means I'll probably enjoy the VR game too.

Great puzzle games (in all games, you sit down in-game so there's not much risk of VR-sickness):

• Statik
  • I Expect You To Die
  • Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes (only if you have someone to play with you)

Stupid silly fun:

• Accounting+

Platforming:

• The Lost Bear

Also, Farpoint. Haven't played through it yet but I really enjoyed what I played, and only stopped because I knew I was switching to PS4 Pro and wanted to play on with better graphics. I'd recommend using that AIM controller (I think that's the name), really adds an extra level to the immersion.

Edited by Ezio Auditore

There’s a lot of decent VR games, but the ones I’ve had the most fun playing are:

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. 

Superhot VR

Skyrim VR

Shooty Fruity

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (needs two players but it’s a great amount of fun)

Surgeon Sim ER

Two other notable mentions are Job Simulator and Accounting +.. both are great fun, although they are pretty short and as such they feel overpriced. 

3 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

For people just starting VR, I always recommend Job Simulator and Rick and Morty. Both are fun mess around games that don't take too much skill to enjoy.

I'll probably get Job Simulator at some point, if it's cheap enough. I enjoyed Accounting+ too. Rick And Morty: Virtual Rick-Ality seems to be glitched with a game breaking bug since the last update, according to the people in this forum. Actually kept me from buying it, I'll wait until the next sale and see if a fix has been put into place at that point.

3 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Waddle Home has penguins.

For what price would you recommend it? I got the feeling it wasn't worth it at full price.

As others have mentioned games already I will chime in with a bot of different advice that might still be of use.

1. Get the new PSVR V2. It is better in every way possible.

2. If you can get a PS4 Pro then do so, PSVR looks a lot better on Pro than it does with out it.

Those are things that I can 100% vouch for having owned both models of PSVR and both regular and Pro versions of the PS4.

So far I've tried Arkham VR and loved it, had a mixed experience with VR worlds in the little dabble I've had with it.  In particular scavengers Odyssey made me super queasy.

Super hot VR and Moss are in the backulog for when I get the chance to mess with VR again.

17 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

I'll probably get Job Simulator at some point, if it's cheap enough. I enjoyed Accounting+ too. Rick And Morty: Virtual Rick-Ality seems to be glitched with a game breaking bug since the last update, according to the people in this forum. Actually kept me from buying it, I'll wait until the next sale and see if a fix has been put into place at that point.

For what price would you recommend it? I got the feeling it wasn't worth it at full price.

Don't know about the Rick and Morty thing since I was playing on a different VR system, but that's good to know!

You wouldn't pay full price for VR penguins? :shakefist:

I paid two bucks for it. It's not amazing but it's fairly clean and not broken, which is more then I can say for some VR games. It doesn't fully utilize VR, but it's a nice break to just play a normal game in VR without having to wiggle your head and all of that. (Also a good way to ease yourself into VR without dying of motion sickness. I started seriously playing VR with RIGS and my stomach still turns thinking about it) The puzzles are also at a nice difficulty that actually makes it fun to play. I would recommend it at $2, maybe even $3, but much higher and you could get better experiences for the money.

I'm also terribly biased because I love penguins, so I had it on my wishlist since I got the system and saw the game. 

I loved Eagle Flight. It is such a fun game to play. It is honestly the one VR game I've had the most fun playing.

Going to provide some of my personal gameplay - with reactions - to kind of give a good idea on the raw experience.

Edit: for some reason I messed up with the spoiler coding and I can't even fix it now.. 

If it goes on sale, I also definitely recommend Carnival Games. The game is so stupid and fun, I just had a blast lmao.

If you liked Final Fantasy, literally the only thing I liked in that game was the fishing. The fishing game is actually pretty fun in my weird opinion. There's lots of stuff to do end game, but I mean obviously that's if you liked the fishing at all in FF.

Other games that I could think of

Job Simulator - by far the best VR experience I've had on day 1

The American Dream - The funniest shooting game I have ever played. The story is absolutely hilarious.

And then definitely the two games that you've mentioned, Moss and Accounting+ are great.

**If you ever have friends that get Smashbox Arena, that's another I recommend, but I believe the servers are dead. ;-;

Edited by DuckSwimmer

On 01/08/2018 at 1:45 PM, PooPooBlast said:

Oh shoot you're right. I remember Bethesda announcing it'll be on VR and I remember the release date being around last December but after looking into it, it was just on PC. Oops

It's just on PC, but given Skyrim being on PSVR I'd be suprised (and was at the time) if it doesn't come to PSVR in the near future.

Get the VR aim controller with the following two games. I only played farpoint, and that is the best game for VR even to this date. Full story mode, challenges to complete solo or oc-op with a friend online, and online vs matches. Even 2 years after it's release they've made 2 free dlcs.

Farpoint (extremely hard to platinum if you're going to go for that 9/10 or 10/10)

Bravo team

Statik (Great and unique puzzle game utilizing your controller)

Keep talking nobody explodes

Moss

Edited by ViceroyVirus

1. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - 2 player only

2. Superhot VR

3. Job Simulator (a must IMO)

4. Playroom VR (It's Free, and needs 2 players for some games!)

5. Rick and Morty VR

I'm also really looking forward to Creed: Rise to Glory and Vacation Simulator. I think both are supposed to be out this year. I heard Creed was crazy good at E3 to play.

I would AVOID GT Sport. I played a lot of VR before I tried it, and I was utterly nauseous after the second race. 

• 4 weeks later...

- Shooty Fruity, it's challenging doing scanning groceries and shooting fruit at the same time. Trophies are a b*tch though, some challenges are a real challenge (for me).

- Thumper, music rythm game, very hard (for me)

- Far Point, aim-controller is needed

- Thethered, god-game, move isn't required, but pretty much needed

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, an on-rails shooter, with a lot of jump-scares (thus depend if you (don't) like that kind of thing). Was a PSN-title

Haven't played it (yet, but hear a lot of good about the games)

- Super Hot

- Rez

Firewall: Zero Hour

- Moss

If you don't have the free licencse (through PSN) of Star Blood Arena, don't buy that! A lot of people have trouble connecting to the servers, and you can't play the game offline (ok admitted if you succeed it can be a blast).

Edited by GRDavies

Figured I should add this..

Firewall: Zero Hour is by far the best VR game I’ve played. 

Obviously people have have different tastes, but it’s effectively Rainbow Six Siege in VR. I’d say playing it with the aim controller is essential. 

I get no motion sickness, and can play for hours without issue. 

For me, this game alone would easily make buying a PSVR worth it.