PlayStation Plus Subs dropped by 300k

kidson2004

Do you think this trend will continue? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/720419/PlayStation-Plus-latest-update-Sony-reveals-BAD-NEWS-ahead-of-PS4-August-games-lineup/amp

Do you believe this is due to Sony dropping PS3/Vita games in 2019? Or is it lack of SP games? Let’s hear your opinions! 

Is that place credible? 

Anyway, wasn't it about an year ago that EU and US started to get the same ps+ IGC line up? 

A lot of people used to subscribe to both EU and US ps+ for this, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is just those people not renewing the subscription in 1 of the regions.. 

On top of that, the subscription price increase doesn't attract more people to spend more money on a hobby.. 

And anyway 300k is what, 1% of total subscription? 

• Like 4

Without looking at the usual cycle of subs, my guess is that summer is coming to an end and a lot of people only subscribe during the summer (okay, mostly students). I haven't seen anything that said this drop was unusual.

If it is unusual, I would guess the slow down of big multiplayer titles lately. Casual gamers are more likely to pay as they need it and not get locked into the year long subs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Without looking at the usual cycle of subs, my guess is that summer is coming to an end and a lot of people only subscribe during the summer (okay, mostly students). I haven't seen anything that said this drop was unusual.

If it is unusual, I would guess the slow down of big multiplayer titles lately. Casual gamers are more likely to pay as they need it and not get locked into the year long subs.

This is actually true. I think a lot of parents might buy their kids PS+ subscriptions while there kids are off school for the summer. Than maybe they are like, "September is here, Sorry [insert name], I am cancelling your sub so that you can focus on your schoolwork

4 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Is that place credible? 

Anyway, wasn't it about an year ago that EU and US started to get the same ps+ IGC line up? 

A lot of people used to subscribe to both EU and US ps+ for this, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is just those people not renewing the subscription in 1 of the regions.. 

On top of that, the subscription price increase doesn't attract more people to spend more money on a hobby.. 

And anyway 300k is what, 1% of total subscription? 

No it's not a credible source. Daily Star along with Daily Express and express.co.uk are pure clickbait sites. Just got to search google for the upcoming PS Plus titles and those sites are bound to show up over a week before they are actually announced. Either saying "amazing titles" "terrible news" or anything that may get people curious enough to check their site.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Do you think this trend will continue? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/720419/PlayStation-Plus-latest-update-Sony-reveals-BAD-NEWS-ahead-of-PS4-August-games-lineup/amp

Do you believe this is due to Sony dropping PS3/Vita games in 2019? Or is it lack of SP games? Let’s hear your opinions! 

I honestly thought that after PS3/Vita games were announced as not being included in the next year, they would offer great titles... They are GARBAGE!

They could offer some games that are about to close online servers, where people could play them and enjoy the online experience while they can... but nope, they include indie titles that are Bad... so there is no reason to continue with the subscription for those systems. Those games worth 1/3 € and you might not even play them anyway.

They should bring back those months with Bioshock Infinite, Saints Row, Assassins Creed, Rayman, Catherine months...

Yep I've seen this. 

Some speculate that it's the lack of new MP releases at the moment. 

Then again that's a small decrease in the grand scheme of things and this is a 1 time report provided that the source is true. 

However if this trend continues then it should begin to be worrisome. So... they better start being generous with the plus offerings :awesome:

• Like 1

Others brought up good points. Also, I'm pretty sure Fortnight doesnt require PS+ to play. I believe many people may be realizing that its not worth paying for PS+ if thats their main jam. Along with back to school time, regular attrition,  changes to ps3/vita benefits, etc. This amount of subscribers doesnt seem alarming at all.

It's either that or here's a good fun fact from a GameStop employee.. believe it or not you do not need PlayStation Plus to play Fornite even though the game is played online. Due to it being a free game, I guess it falls into the category were PS Plus isn't required.. and we also know almost everyone and their mother is playing Fornite so the question comes down to, why renew PS Plus when my kid can play Fornite online for free?

As others have said 300k isn't really that much when they have 30 million+ subs. I bet other services like Netflix and such also fluctuate sub numbers at a similar rate.

Now if it had been something like 1.5 or 2 million it something worth looking into.

Edited by soultaker655

59 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

No it's not a credible source. Daily Star along with Daily Express and express.co.uk are pure clickbait sites. Just got to search google for the upcoming PS Plus titles and those sites are bound to show up over a week before they are actually announced. Either saying "amazing titles" "terrible news" or anything that may get people curious enough to check their site.

Ya, I was guessing that.. So a click bait thread based on a block bait article, quite interesting.. 

1 hour ago, Calhoun_84 said:

No, but sometimes they have it right. 

Ya, some people sometimes win the lottery too.. If they make "click bait / guess" articles, their credibility is 0, but ya, they can be right from time to time, that's how probabilities work.. 

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Didn’t know that. Thanks for the heads up.