Fall 2018 backlog challenge

Mission 100%: Fall 2018 Backlog Challenge

Special thanks to @damon8r351 and @colinmazzini for their parts in hosting the challenge!

Before I get on to the rules, I want to announce that I have decided to officially step down at the end of the winter challenge. However, I have someone in place to take over starting with the spring challenge and will tell who it is closer to time. I hate to see this challenge go away since it still generates a decent amount of interest, but I feel like it's time for me to step down. Thanks to everyone who has participated so far and will participate in the challenges to come.

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 20 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST September 1 and ending at 23:59 US EST on November 30. If you complete the maximum of 20 before the end of the challenge, you can add up to 5 more games for a total of 25.

Now, here are the details and rules. 

• Event Philosophy: This is a firm commitment to complete the games you say you will within the time limit, so choose games you know you can finish, and select a manageable number. The minimum for the event is 5 games, and the maximum is 15. If you finish 15 games, you can add up to five more. Otherwise, you're limited to 15. Once the event begins, the list is locked in. You can change your games as much as you want until 23:59 EST on August 31. If you want to add more games to your list or want to continue after finishing your list, you can add games to your list up to a maximum of 15. The object is not to just earn the platinum as applicable, but to reach 100% trophy completion for it. DLC is included and you will have to complete any new DLC that's released during the challenge. If you don't like DLC, don't put a game with it on your list. You can start late if you want, but you will be committed to whatever you put on your list. 
  • Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few exceptions. One game can have a completion percentage of up to 25%, but the rest must be 20% or under. Unplayed games and 0% games are fine as long as they're part of your backlog. Standalone DLC (like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) is acceptable as long as it's not part of another trophy list. If it is (Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for example), you have to also complete the other trophies. You can also do a game where 100% is unobtainable if you feel strongly about it, but you must complete all obtainable trophies. Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5. For this event, you may complete a game you have previously done for a different platform or region before the start of this event, but you may not do the same game multiple times during this event. Cross-saving a game for an easy completion will also be ineligible.
  • Eligible Participants: Anyone is eligible to participate, provided you are serious about completing the games you say will. However, if you have flagged games on your PSNProfile, you are banned from participating unless you hide the games, get unflagged, or use a different profile. No cheating!

Participant list

Edited by Waddle Dee
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Pichu said:

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 20 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST August 1 and ending at 23:59 US EST on November 30.

Reveal hidden contents

So, is this really starting on August 31 (not August 1 as shown) due to the Summer Backlog Challenge?

I'll join! I have a list that I really want to complete. This is my first time so I won't make them that difficult 

My List:

Black Mirror 

Hakuoki Edo Blossoms 

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus 

Superdimension Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls 

Valkyria Chronicles 

Thanks for hosting the thread, and good luck with whatever the future holds for you! :D

I plan on using this challenge to knock out some more games I want off of my PS4 ASAP. This way I can delete my old accounts without regret. Once I finish up my Summer Backlog challenge, I'll put a list for this one.

I'm in! 

Oke after looking a few days at my list I noticed it is way to easy, with the coming releases it doesn't change anything in my backlog so I am adding a few more.
Few harder (at least for me they are harder) and longer games. 

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 10% (6/33)

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition - 24% (12/28)

Jurassic World Evolution - 0%

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 0%

Lego The Hobbit - 0%

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - 0%

Spec Ops The Line (PS3/Now) - 0%

The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game - 0%

Yakuza 0 - 7% (5/55)

I also want to finish Lemmings Touch (vita) 26%, Doom 31% and L.A. Noire (ps3) 39% to high to add them but I do want to finish them before winter ?

Edited by LionSharky
more games

On 8/1/2018 at 11:24 AM, Zofia said:

I'll join! I have a list that I really want to complete. This is my first time so I won't make them that difficult 

My List:

Black Mirror 

Hakuoki Edo Blossoms 

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus 

Superdimension Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls 

Valkyria Chronicles 

4 hours ago, LionSharky said:

I'm in! 

My list  all aren't even started...

Jurassic World Evolution - 0%

Lego Star Wars: The Force Aqakens - 0%

Lego The Hobbit - 0%

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - 0%

Now I need just 1 more out of 80 to choose from 1f914.png and that is only PS4

Going for 5 since I also want to finish Lemmings Touch (vita) 26%, Doom 31% and L.A. Noire (ps3) 39% to high to add them but I do want to finish them before winter 1f602.png

Added. I will be adding it by PSN name since forum names can be changed.

• Like 2

Lets go again - I'm not buying any new games other than one for the rest of the year so hope to really make progress this time!

Bridge Constructor Portal - 15%

LEGO City Undercover - 0%

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution - 0%

Oxenfree - 0%

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - 20% (1 of 5 episodes)

Edited by booshy_89
Game change

Mortal Kombat X - 8% (Have played but not for trophies)

Brawlhalla - 25% (Played for fun)

Lords of The Fallen - 6% (Played a long time ago, now stopped)

For Honor - 0% (Didn't bother starting just yet)

I hope that these will work!

Edited by HappyGuySmiley

15 hours ago, booshy_89 said:

Lets go again - I'm not buying any new games other than one for the rest of the year so hope to really make progress this time!

Bridge Constructor Portal - 15%

LEGO City Undercover - 0%

Spiderman - 0% (Assuming a new release is allowed - will be buying so it will end up in the backlog)

Overcooked 2 - 0% (As above - in fact this one has been pre-ordered)

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - 20% (1 of 5 episodes)

Added.

7 hours ago, HappyGuySmiley said:

You need five, but those four are fine. I'll add you once you put another game on the list.

Edited by Pichu
  • Like 1

I'll Join again.

Not the final list, but it's to get past the 5 games limit

Super Meat Boy 100%

Lego Chima 100%

Lego Ninjago nindroids 100%

Lego ninjago shadow of ronin 100%

Lego Marvel super heroes 2 100%

The Golf Club 2019 100%

Flatout 4 100% (Fastest achiever)

Madden 18 100%

Oh...Sir! The Hollywood Roast 100%

Gravel 100%

Murdered: Souls Suspect 100%

Metro 2033: Redux 100%

Metro: Last Light Redux 100%

Far Cry 5 100%

Onrush 100%

Edited by OJ9999vr
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

I'll Join again.

Not the final list, but it's to get past the 5 games limit

Lego Chima

Lego Ninjago nindroids

Lego ninjago shadow of ronin

Lego Marvel super heroes 2

Lego Dimensions

On 8/3/2018 at 3:17 AM, HappyGuySmiley said:

Just Cause 3

Added

I'd like to join.

PS4

- Claire (0%)

- Ether One (0%)

- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (0%)

- Slain: Back from Hell (0%)

- Teslagrad (0%)

- The Deadly Tower of Monsters (0%)

- The Escapists: The Walking Dead (0%)

- The Little Acre (0%)

- Until Dawn (0%)

PS3

- Remember Me (0%)

15 hours ago, Surge3Beast said:

I'd like to join.

PS4

- Claire (0%)

- Ether One (0%)

- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (0%)

- Slain: Back from Hell (0%)

- Teslagrad (0%)

- The Deadly Tower of Monsters (0%)

- The Escapists: The Walking Dead (0%)

- The Little Acre (0%)

- Until Dawn (0%)

PS3

- Remember Me (0%)

Done!

I'd like to join.

Can we add games as they come out during Fall? For example, would I be able to add Spider-Man, Spyro, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and etc. once their trophy lists are revealed?

Since I'll be getting quite a bit of games this Fall, I chose games that don't take too long.

So far my list is 

PS3

God of War II (2%)

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (17%)

PS4

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (0%)

Here They Lie (5%)

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (0%) 

Edited by Igor_vlad75