ShadowStar83x

Fall 2018 backlog challenge

190 posts in this topic

My vita died :( I think I can get a PSTV and pick up on non-touch screen games, but I would have lost a lot of progress on trails in the sky. RIP vita, you were the best handheld I've ever had. Might order a replacement from Japan when I get paid.

Edit: thankfully I was able to save my vita - it wasn't charging at all but I did a safety mode reset and rebuilt the database, I have lost about 10 hours on cold steel and some games I downloaded no longer seem to be on my vita, but relieved my vita is still alive. Going to knock out Va11 Ha11a this weekend as its been over a month since my last plat and I need to get momentum back.

Edited by StilRh

14 hours ago, StilRh said:

My vita died :( I think I can get a PSTV and pick up on non-touch screen games, but I would have lost a lot of progress on trails in the sky. RIP vita, you were the best handheld I've ever had. Might order a replacement from Japan when I get paid.

Edit: thankfully I was able to save my vita - it wasn't charging at all but I did a safety mode reset and rebuilt the database, I have lost about 10 hours on cold steel and some games I downloaded no longer seem to be on my vita, but relieved my vita is still alive. Going to knock out Va11 Ha11a this weekend as its been over a month since my last plat and I need to get momentum back.

At least your Vita's OK for now.

Going to be playing a lot of spoopy games for the rest of the month to celebrate Halloween but will try to get work done on my list.

Looks like plats are back on the menu boys. After a dry spell I've got plat #125, will try and follow up with a few more, I am training next week, hopefully it'll give me more gaming time than I would get at work.

Dragon Quest 11 32 > 34%
Spiderman 100%
yaku kiwami 47%
Divinity Original Sin 2 4%
Final Fantasy Type 0 19%
LOH: cold steel 12%
ProjectDiva F 2nd 15%
Adventures of Mana 100%
Va11-Hall-a 18% >100%

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 10% (6/33)

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition - 24% (12/28) -> 54% (21/28)

Jurassic World Evolution - 0% -> 95% :platinum:

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 0% -> 100% :platinum:

Lego The Hobbit - 0% -> 100% :platinum: 

Life is Strange: Before the Storm - 0% -> 100% :platinum:

Spec Ops The Line (PS3/Now) - 0% -> 100% :platinum:

The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game - 0% -> 100% :platinum:

Yakuza 0 - 7% (5/55) -> 37% (25/55)

Not really part of the Backlog

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean 0% -> 100%

N.E.R.O. 0% - >100%

Seasons After Fall 0% -> 100%

Super Exploding Zoo 0% -> 100%

Strange Brigade 0% -> 100%

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -> 100%

Finished Lego Ninjago really liked it that you don't need to play the story twice. 

Also got the plat for Jurassic World just didn't do my homework before so need to do some challenges. Ah well I like the game.

Update:

Here They Lie (12/12 I 100%) :gold:

Day of the Tentacle  (58/58 I 100%) :platinum:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (41/41 I 100%) :platinum:

God of War II (35/35 I 100%) :platinum:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (0/51 I 0% >>> 51/51 I 100%) :platinum:

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (1/39 I 1%)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (0/64 I 0% >>> 31/64 I 44%) 

Marvel's Spider-Man (51/51 I 100% >>> 51/60 I 81%) :platinum:

I'm going to play Spider-Man's NG+ and the first DLC, then I'll have to platinum Red Dead Redemption II as well as Spyro: Reignited Trilogy which will won't leave me the time to come back and platinum Jak and Daxter and SotTR this Fall.

I am also to my 80th platinum, Lili Child of Geos. Once I get the rest of those annoying collectibles for the platinum, it's getting deleted and replaced by Oceanhorn so I can knock out in this list and Gaming by Numbers too. I'd rather fail to catch 100 Ghost Fish than deal with any more vases. :) So far, here is what I think my list is like:

Dragon Quest Builders: Done, was the easiest of the list but took a while because I only gained four trophies in the beginning, very beginning when I started this account.

Dragon Fantasy Book II: Should be easy to do, I just have to grind levels to get Ogden to max level so he can complete the final dungeon alone.

Oceanhorn: The battles aren't too bad but the hardest part is the fishing trophy.

LEGO City Undercover: Not difficult, just extremely long due to the huge open world you have to explore.

Ni no Kuni: Not only longer than all the others combined, but you have to complete all of the quests and one requires you to steal from extremely rare enemies to get the rarest crafting materials in the entire game... and you need five of each. I do not know if I will complete this challenge because I haven't even gotten past the first city yet. :(

Edited by DragonQuest238

Hello, everyone.

I'm new to the challenge so I decided to take part in it because my backlog is bugging me.

My games of the challenge are:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

God of War 1

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Puppeteer

Edited by ronens13

11 hours ago, ronens13 said:

Hello, everyone.

I'm new to the challenge so I decided to take part in it because my backlog is bugging me.

God of War 1

Puppeteer

What are the percentages?

Edited by MidnightDragon

11 hours ago, ronens13 said:

Hello, everyone.

God of War 1

Puppeteer

Added and welcome aboard!

God of War 1 - 17%

Puppeteer - 17%

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - 9%

Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 14%

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - 33% (sorry, I thought the rules said you can put on game over 25%). But I'm really in the middle of it and I don't want to stop in the middle.

I have just platted Spideriman.......... Backlog once again on the forefront. My goal is an average game completion of 75% before Spyro comes out. (9% to go, sitting at around 66% average game completion)

Also a small amount of progress on Assassin's Creed Origins.

PS4

Dark Cloud                                           (0%)

Undertale                                             (0%)

Metro Redux                                        (0%)

Infamous first Light                              (0%)

The Order (0%)   -----                        (100%)

Borderlands 2 (10%)   ------               (62%)

However I have gotten the platinum or working on:

Assassin's Creed Origins (52%)       86% 
Lego Jurassic World (78%)              100%
Overcooked (25%) (s rank)              100%
Grim Fandango (o%)                        100%
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (12%)    82%
Spider-man (0%)                               81%

ouch.png

"No pulse, no breath, cold as a cod. Yep, this guy is truly dead. *sigh* Why is my job so damn difficult?" :(

No point in sugar-coating it. With my lack of schedule and lack of motivation due to Halloween coming up, there is no way in The Ten Layers of H*LL I am going to platinum Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch before December. Add in that I'll be rush-platting the three Spyro games in The Reignited Trilogy when that comes out and it will suck up my time, along with trying to get my platinum milestones for 90, 95 and the big 1-O-O(which will definitely be Dragon Quest XI, come hook or crook) and my plans to try to boost my trophies for every Kingdom Hearts game I have, and Ni no Kuni and its sequel will be rotting in dust until 2019... and then we have Kingdom Hearts III... 😩

I could probably complete the other games in my list before Thanksgiving if I put my mind to it, but no way am I getting Wrath of the White Witch into my first 100 platinums, not never my first 110. This game is long, the trophy granting is sparse, and there is one trophy requiring you to complete all of the quests, and one quest involves you farming for ten of the rarest items in the entire game, it will take hours. I haven't even gotten to the second dungeon of this game yet because I put playing it off for so long. Unless I can swap it out for a quickie, I think it would be best to disable me from this event. 🐱

Good luck on everyone doing their lists.

New Update:

1. Alien Isolation (PS4) – 0%

2. Aer (PS4) – 100% :platinum:

3. Inner Space (PS4) – 0%

4. The Long Reach (PS4) – 100%:platinum:

5. Beholder (PS4) – 0%

6. Grim Legends 2 (PS4) – 100% :platinum:

7. Chaos on Deponia (PS4) – 0%

8. Tesla vs Lovecraft (PS4) – 100%:platinum:

9. Suicide Guy (PS4) – 40% => 100% :platinum:

10. Prince of Persia (PS3) – 0%

11. Remember Me (PS3) – 0%

12. Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (PS3) - 4%

Been really distracted from the list, just got Spider-man, but not going to add it here because I will wait until the dlc is only a couple dollars before I will buy it. Finished Suicide Guy. Did not like it in any way. Felt like a real chore, glad it was so short.

Tomorrow's Halloween, so no tricks, only an early treat. Signups for the winter challenge are now live! 

Update! 

PS4

Spiderman - 25% (18/51) —> 100% (60/60) :platinum:

Detroit become human - 88% (42/49) —> 100% :platinum:

Dead Cells - 24% (17/54)

Shenmue I - 66% (23/29)  —> 100% (29/29) :platinum:

Owlboy - 2% (1/24)

PS Vita

Persona 4 dancing all night - 100% (40/40) :platinum:

Got the platinum and 100% in Spider-Man. First got the platinum and then played the DLC and a new game plus play through on ultimate difficulty. I loved the game and also enjoyed the DLC.  

Ill play Owlboy next if I need a break from Red Dead Redemption 2. Not sure I need a break tho, loving the game so far! 

On 10/25/2018 at 2:33 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

ouch.png

"No pulse, no breath, cold as a cod. Yep, this guy is truly dead. *sigh* Why is my job so damn difficult?" :(

No point in sugar-coating it. With my lack of schedule and lack of motivation due to Halloween coming up, there is no way in The Ten Layers of H*LL I am going to platinum Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch before December. Add in that I'll be rush-platting the three Spyro games in The Reignited Trilogy when that comes out and it will suck up my time, along with trying to get my platinum milestones for 90, 95 and the big 1-O-O(which will definitely be Dragon Quest XI, come hook or crook) and my plans to try to boost my trophies for every Kingdom Hearts game I have, and Ni no Kuni and its sequel will be rotting in dust until 2019... and then we have Kingdom Hearts III... 1f629.png

I could probably complete the other games in my list before Thanksgiving if I put my mind to it, but no way am I getting Wrath of the White Witch into my first 100 platinums, not never my first 110. This game is long, the trophy granting is sparse, and there is one trophy requiring you to complete all of the quests, and one quest involves you farming for ten of the rarest items in the entire game, it will take hours. I haven't even gotten to the second dungeon of this game yet because I put playing it off for so long. Unless I can swap it out for a quickie, I think it would be best to disable me from this event. 1f431.png

Good luck on everyone doing their lists.

You can keep going. There's no penalty for not finishing.

(Long overdue) Update:

PS3:

Bioshock - 9%

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - 25% => 100%

South Park: The Stick of Truth  - 0%

PS4:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition - 100% :platinum:

Pyre  - 0% => 100% :platinum:

Titenfall 2 - 17%

Finally managed to find some time to write in the forum again (sry about that...). 

Really liked my time with Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. For me a DLC done right because it offered me everything I was asking for 😄 the crazy setting was a blast and the story was so retro...I loved it!!!! All the little movie references, "cut-scenes", trophy descriptions, songs and dialogues were just perfectly on point. Of course the overall mechanics and mission design stayed the same and was not too demanding, but as a person who enjoyed the base game, I was satisfied with it. My only issue was the the dark lighting, which made it sometimes difficult to play the game and maybe the lack of main missions...but in the end it's sometimes nice to see the end without having the need to push through it. 

I don't really know what to write about Pyre because it was a gaming experience I've never had before. Even though it's just an indie game, the people over at 

Supergiant are just very talented at creating a well-thought world. The story quickly becomes really deep and thrilling. Moreover, after just the first couple of matches I was already invested into the characters and their individual fates. I was also surprised how far-reaching your choices are during the story. Other highlights are the superb soundtrack (WOW😍), the unique character design and world setting, deep lore and (part of) the game-mechanics. The mix between the RPG elements and quick sport matches were truly unique for me. It just fitted perfectly together and even if all 12 Titan Stars are active, the game never gets frustrating but just asks you to learn your characters and their abilities to develop a good strategy! However, towards the end it became a bit repetitive because you already know all of your opponents and locations...

Nevertheless, I can fully recommend this game and can not wait to see what Supergiant is planning for the future!

Update!

Dying Reborn  :platinum:
Old Man's Journey
Black the Fall :platinum:
The Unfinished Swan 💯
Planet of the Eyes :platinum:

Never mind. Forget my previous post. I'll complete the games in the challenge.

Edited by ronens13

Haven't made any progress at all since the last update. I have way to much fun with RDR2. Finished the game once and started over since I missed something for the Lending a Hand trophy 90% complete. Everytime I say to myself I need to play games for this challenge but once the PS4 is turned on I don't feel like playing those and start RDR2 again. 

Playing on my vita is no problem, maybe I need to add more vita games to the winter challenge 🤔 

Little update: swapping Puppeteer with the original Ratchet & Clank (which is at 13%). Haven't made much progress since my last update. Had to get some MP trophies in some games.

Update:

Here They Lie (12/12 I 100%):gold:

Day of the Tentacle: Remastered (58/58 I 100%) :platinum:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (41/41 I 100%) :platinum:

God of War II (35/35 I 100%) :platinum:

Marvel’s Spider-Man (51/60 I 81% >>> 60/60 I 100%):platinum:

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (51/51 I 100% >>> 52/54 I 97%) :platinum:

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (1/39 I 1%)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (31/64 I 44%) 

I’m too busy with RDRII to play SotTR or Jak and Daxter (tho I’ll probably add JaD to Winter challenge), and there’s no point in adding RDRII to this challenge as there is no way I get all available trophies by the end of this month. I’ll play and hopefully platinum all Spyro games, but until then I’ll just play Red Dead.