PS Plus games for August 2018: Mafia 3, Dead by Deadlight, and more...

crimsonidol38

On 7/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, Valyrious said:

Probably games I just bought this month. 

On 7/29/2018 at 4:25 AM, Valyrious said:

For what it's worth, games I bought on PS4 this month are (were?):
The Last Guardian
Need For Speed: Payback
Dishonored 2
Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition
NBA 2K18
Watch Dogs 2
Yooka Laylee
Yakuza 6
Batman Return to Arkham
Blue Reflection
Mafia III
The Walking Dead Season 3
Destiny 2 (shh)
South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole

So if any of these games go free... you're welcome. D:

KEK. It happened.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

Saudia Arabia (and other ME region?) Gets Torment : Tides of Numenera instead of Mafia 3 if anyone is from that region

Thanks for pointing that out. I found this tweet by the Middle East-account:

Added it to the OP so others from the region also notice that.

• Like 1

Mafia 3 and Serious Sam are the best offering for me this month. Going to play them both eventually.....

Nice to Knowledge is Power....hopefully Hidden Agenda is next in December,

Tame Vita offerings....Space Hulk will try. Draw Slasher I already own.

Edited by Kishnabe

20 minutes ago, Mori said:

Is Mafia 3 playable nowadays? I heard it was in pretty bad shape when it released and was buggy as hell.

It's perfectly playable, and a good game in general. There will still be the odd bugs, but then again there isn't a single open world game / sandbox game that doesn't have bugs.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I'm probably just being pessimistic, it's been a crappy day at work.  Online only games on PS+ have a tendency of their servers vanishing within the year.  The good ones normally survive without the user spike from the PS+ giveaway.

Sure, but Dead By Daylight is different. The game has been released two years ago, it’s multi-platform, the community is very active and the developers will keep bringing more content, thus trophies. They released last month the Curtain Call chapter, and there will be three more major content updates over the year 3 of the game. So this game is far from being dead.

Speaking of Dead By Daylight’s Platinum trophy, everyone, I acquired the game plus all the DLCs since January. It took me 6 months for platinum it, plus 100% all current trophies (because I didn’t play a ton of times over the last 6 months) but I surely played about 250 hours for 100% all DLCs to this day, plus the Platinum shortly after.

As every multiplayer game, expect some bad matches by dumb survivor mates, a skilled or a cancerous killer, or even chasing skilled or cancerous/trolling survivors as the killer. I tell you, the higher you rank you are, the harder matches become with skilled players, but you’ll be good over time. Some killer trophies are difficult to execute in normal gameplay, but I recommend to do them in low rank or rank down, since you’re more likely to play against newbie survivors. I do all trophies in normal gameplay, sometimes I had to give a sign to random survivors to help progressing on some killer trophies, most think it’s for farming bloodpoints. As Survivor, it’s more fun with friends in a Voice chat.

It’s a shock and unexpected to see this fun game free for PS+! :D You should guys download it and try it out! Good luck with the :platinum: !

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 2

Pretty good lineup. Already have and finished Here They Lie. The story is confusing but it's not terrible. It is playable without VR and I would recommend playing it without it for anyone who gets motion sickness or dizzy easily because there is no teleport movement; it's smooth. I tried with VR and it ended up giving me a headache. Just a heads up to anyone who may want to play it that way.

• Like 2

Oh man, I bought Mafia 3 (physical) new last year from Gamestop for 10$ and still haven't opened it!

Dead by Daylight is sweet! I was on the edge of buying it from the last couple of sales. So glad I chickened out. The add-ons are expensive though since we only getting the standard edition. Hopefully there be a dlc sale soon.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
added a 3 after Mafia...

Props for @Crimson Idol going the length of putting PSNP links in the first post. It's annoying when someone who doesn't bother with anything but the titles is the first to create a PS+ games thread.

I'm very happy with Mafia III. I had the collector's edition (with soundtrack on vinyl) pre-ordered but I got doubts when I played Mafia II for the first time just a month or so before III would release and I didn't enjoy it. After III's release, the mediocre reviews came in. I always intended to get it... Cheaper... Once my backlog was done... Never got around to it. Glad I can get it this way.

I played the Here They Lie demo on a PSVR tryout event, didn't really like it but I'll play it if it's on PS+.

I'm not really interested in any of the other titles. I'll download the PS3 games but I doubt I'll ever get around to playing them.

I'm satisfied with Mafia III though, and I already got monthly fee out of a bunch of PS+ exclusive sales I purchased yesterday.

7 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Awwwww.... I have every interest in Torment and none in Mafia.

Nothing for me this month.

I'm actually pretty excited for these games. Torment would have been better though. The only downer for me is these choices have a lot of DLC that would need to be bought separately.