PS Plus games for August 2018: Mafia 3, Dead by Deadlight, and more...

crimsonidol38

2 hours ago, Gwendly said:

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/961520/mafia-iii-season-pass

It's been on sale numerous times in the past, at least for NA

Never seen those one on PSstore Canada :(

The deals were always on the standard game that drops usually to 19,99$CAN and the Deluxe Edition to 29,99$ CAN 

And when those deals are going on, the Season Pass stays 39,99$ , witch is ridiculous.

I'll definitely keep an eye on it now .

Btw: cool USA site to track the price drops ! I wonder if there is a Canadian version?  :)

17 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

Never seen those one on PSstore Canada :(

The deals were always on the standard game that drops usually to 19,99$CAN and the Deluxe Edition to 29,99$ CAN 

And when those deals are going on, the Season Pass stays 39,99$ , witch is ridiculous.

I'll definitely keep an eye on it now .

Btw: cool USA site to track the price drops ! I wonder if there is a Canadian version?  :)

Yeah you can select Canada , I'm in Canada and use that site, the default is just the US site. The site offers notifications if you signup for it as well so you can have an e-mail sent when something on psn store goes on sale

• Like 1

going to get "here they lie". Though Mafia 3 gameplay footage I saw left me with a bad taste in my mouth (plus the glitches). Though Bound by flame seems okay though should I go for it?

Edited by wackt1

Knowledge is Power may be the secret best offering on the list. Mafia III is a hot mess from what I've seen on release and beyond, but will definitely expand its audience via Plus. Draw Slasher may be one of the most amazing picks I've seen PS team make; you don't really want to touch PS3 port of Serious Sam, it's by far the worst version of an already middling part of the series.

Honest to god I almost bought Dead by Daylight a few weeks back :D 

2 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Hmm, still no reason to renew my PLUS sub. Maybe the line up will be better next month (I hope)

Till then, Project DIVA X's grindfest & DJMAX's missions will keep me busy for while ^_^

God dammit Miku!!! 

8 minutes ago, Intoner_Zero said:

Probably going to get Bound By Flame and Here They Lie. Still have Mafia 3 in its plastic, lel.

Same!! Bought it for 10$ last year around Black friday from Gamestop new. Lol

For those of you in the UK who may be considering the Mafia 3 DLC, you can get the deluxe edition (all DLC included) as a physical copy brand new and sealed for £11.99 on ebay. Season pass is £24.99 on PSN. Works out a lot cheaper. I've also seen it at GAME and ShopTo for £9.99 in the past.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

Mafia 3 isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

The biggest gripe with the game is the sheer repetitiveness of it. You have to make two playthroughs, one where you spare your underbosses and one where you kill everyone but one.

The issue is, you have to collect these chips and wiretap junction boxes. You're going to be doing this for hours since if you don't wiretap, Lincoln Clay automatically kills the boss you're trying to hire. If you don't backup your saves then you may fuck yourself and require another playthrough.

In the DLC the mine trophy is known to glitch, but I had problems with another trophy which forced me to play Mafia 3 offline and delete some of my save files.

If you people enjoy open world games then I will suggest giving Mafia 3 a try. Just be prepared to do a lot of repetitive crap due to the nature of the trophies. I loved the setting, the characters and the 1960s soundtrack.

Mafia 3 is a 6 or 7 out of 10. It's nothing great. Though I would of preferred Watch Dogs or Watch Dogs 2 to make onto Playstation Plus.

• Like 2

i looked at my backlog, so far the only ones that i don't have are the ps4 games and space hulk. the rest i already have minus knowledge is power. at least i'm fine if there's no sale on tuesday since the totally digital will run for one more week. only foresee backlog going up despite the progress last week of knocking a few out.

Decent enough list this month, for a change.

Mafia 3, decent. Nearly bought it a hundred times, been 15 for months new so make of that what you will.

Serious Sam, never played that one but love the series so I'm down.

Knowledge is Power, could be fun, I like trivia games. 9 bucks physical anywhere here though, so make of that.

Draw Slasher, kinda fun, but been on sale for under a buck countless times.

No idea about the rest, but I'm happy with those so far.

11 hours ago, Such-A-Goonie said:

How much content does the base game have? There's a TON of DLC, and I'm guessing none of those will be included in the PlayStation Plus download. Is the DLC worth it? I'm a huge horror fan, but not really a multiplayer gamer. This seems fun though.

The base game, the Special Edition, has 6 killers and 7 survivors. And nope, only the base game is offered for free to PS+ members.

Speaking of DLC, it’s worth it. I personally like playing Michael Myers, Leatherface, the Huntress and the Clown. Ironically, the Huntress has probably the most frustrating of the grindiest trophies  (:silver: Skilled Huntress) in the game, and Michael Myers has the most challenging one (:silver: Evil Incarnate) yet the most satisfying trophy I’ve got after the Platinum. I can’t really name specific survivors since they all play the same way but their unique perks differentiate them from others.

If you like the game enough, I recommend of buying them all, so you’ll be able to progress on all DLCs while going after the Platinum. I tell you, by going after all DLCs and the Platinum, they’ll distract you from the grinding 500 sacrifices and the level cap Prestige III Level 50 for a character. I’ve gotten the 500 sacrifices on the latest DLC. Just keep those in mind:

• Of all the DLCs, The Lullaby for the Dark and the Curtain Call chapters are the free DLCs. The Lullaby for the Dark is displayed as “DLC” and it’ll unlock the Huntress and David King as soon owned. The Clown and Kate Dawson are integrated in the latest major update and you can either unlock them over time with 9000 Iridescent Shards each, or simply pay them as DLC pack or with the paid Auric Cells currency.
  • All DLC trophies can be done with all survivors and killers, the expection of the trophies linked to specific characters. BUT as far as I know, you must own the DLCs in order to progress and unlock their trophies, same for The Lullaby for the Dark but it’s free and you need to ‘install’ it. The only DLC that you don’t need to own for unlocking trophies is recently the Curtain Call one, of course you get to unlock the Clown and Kate for their respective trophies.

I hope I cleared information for you! :)

• Like 2