Guacamelee 2: The obligatory trophy thoughts

crimsonidol38

Trophy list seems to be similar to the original list so 100% the game and do a hard mode run.

I really like some of the trophy descriptions and names, mainly
One Born Every Minute

Open a loot box

and

Luchonarrative Resonance
Kill 1000 mean, nasty skeletons without families

I hope I don't kill a nice skeleton with family by accident. :(

Can't wait for August 21th. :dance: 

• Like 3

As others have said, the list looks similar to the first game, so I would expect a very fun, manageable list with a few challenging combat/platforming sections. I thought the original Guacamelee was one of the best metroidvanias out there so I hope this is on the same level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I was thinking they would throw in some co op trophies this time.

Now as you mention it. It's really surprising that they added no co-op trophies but I guess that's a good thing. Even though the two co-op trophies in the Frenemies-DLCs were doable solo it surely is good if they give you the choice to play something in co-op without tying it to any achievements. 

Seems like a tricky plat to judge on difficulty. I am on the side of guacamelee 1 being an easy plat except for the inferno challenges. The inferno challenges were the ones that really holded me back of platting the STCE version.

Guacamelee 2 seems to have challenges too, mostly looking at the pollo challenge dungeon achievement and possibly (if there is a grading system) locking a key behind a certain score. 

For that matter its too early to judge the difficulty of guacamelee 2 trophies. I do think that guacamelee 1 has an excellent trophy list and do like that the second game copies a lot from it.

• Like 1

The trophy set seems fine, it looks like a healthy challenge. Even the 1000 skeletons seems pretty doable, as you'll likely kills loads in the challenge levels.

19 hours ago, wilwheaton5 said:

I'm concerned with the Open a Loot box trophy... 

I think this is probably just going to be a joke, recall in Guacamelee that the game was full of gaming jokes and meme references. I suspect this will be same thing here, poking fun at the whole idea of lootboxes. 

Edited by James_Tonto
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 4:05 PM, James_Tonto said:

The trophy set seems fine, it looks like a healthy challenge. Even the 1000 skeletons seems pretty doable, as you'll likely kills loads in the challenge levels.

I think this is probably just going to be a joke, recall in Guacamelee that the game was full of gaming jokes and meme references. I suspect this will be same thing here, poking fun at the whole idea of lootboxes. 

Oh well if its a Joke I will love that! I love it when games and movies break the fourth wall and have poke fun at type of jokes. 

39 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Oh well if its a Joke I will love that! I love it when games and movies break the fourth wall and have poke fun at type of jokes. 

The first was one giant chicken meme. On a more serious note they referenced a lot in the first game. 

Drinkbox is one of the only studios which I have faith in that they are making the right decisions. So it is probably just a reference. Pretty cool though, almost look like the no power up; power up.