Another Difficult Platinum.

Nexuds121

What seems hard to you, though? I mean, there is a Hard mode run, I guess that's it? 

I absolutely loved the first game and the combat and controls were so sharp that the difficulty was no problem. It accomplished the rare feat of making you hone your skills in a non frustrating way in order to win. 

• Like 4

Oh damn, I didn’t know there was going to be a Guamelee 2. I loved the first one, but it was a difficult plat indeed. Not necessarily because of the combat, but because of the challenge rooms and that damn tree you have to climb towards the end. I hate platformers, so I’m quite bad at them....

I had a lot of trouble with the Tule tree section and the soccer challenge, specifically. I also seem to recall one very specific combat room being quite difficult, but it’s been a while since I’ve played. Oh, and beating Jaguar Javier with Uay Chivo was really hard as well.

Regardless, I’ll definitely be getting Gucamelee 2. Anyone know when it’s coming out?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PoisonJam7 said:

Oh damn, I didn’t know there was going to be a Guamelee 2. I loved the first one, but it was a difficult plat indeed. Not necessarily because of the combat, but because of the challenge rooms and that damn tree you have to climb towards the end. I hate platformers, so I’m quite bad at them....

I had a lot of trouble with the Tule tree section and the soccer challenge, specifically. I also seem to recall one very specific combat room being quite difficult, but it’s been a while since I’ve played. Oh, and beating Jaguar Javier with Uay Chivo was really hard as well.

Regardless, I’ll definitely be getting Gucamelee 2. Anyone know when it’s coming out?

August 21, only 20 days 

15 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

A difficult platinum? Nothing about it looks even remotely hard. Sounds like you've been playing too many games where you're showered with trophies just by playing it.

Yeah so what if I did. I chose to say hard. And if it goes easier i'll still do it. I don't back down on hard games.

• Like 1

Even in hard mode it won't be bad. I platted Guacamelee twice and nothing was really that difficult.  The thing about Metroidvanias like this is you can get so many items that make the game way easier. But we'll see when it comes out.

Also I'd want this game to be difficult. That'd make it way more fun.

Edited by aZombieDictator

Super excited for this!!! The trophy list doesn't look that bad. I just hope hard mode will be bearable. Played the demo of the game at my store, they added some new mechanics and ways of getting around in the game that weren't in the first one so I can certainly agree that this game will probably be a tad bit tricky.

7 hours ago, BHK3 said:

No one cared who this hermano was till he put on the mask, you think his life is easy??

lol, thanks for that one! :D

Trophy list seems similar to the first game, which had a few tough spots but was a lot of fun to play.

I hope the second one lets us choose Hard from the beginning or will have a code to unlock it again.

Tule Tree is the only difficult portion of Guacamelee. Everything else wasn't bad at all.

Doing the Lightning Arenas with Javier Jaguar was a bit tough at times. But if the sequel is going to be fairly consistent throughout, then I'm definitely buying it.

Guacamelee is one of the more original Metroidvania games out there.

Edited by Spaz

I really forgot everything about this game did I? I was a kinda surprised when I saw the list popping up on the site.

Anyway, the first game had a fun list to go through, and this one seems like more of the same. Nothing appears to be that hard to make the platinum ultra rare or something.

It's gonna be challenging for sure, hard plat? nah. If you finished the first one, you'll have no problem with this one. Of course there's someone out there that'll say this game is hard.You can't be good at everythings. I've seen people saying Inksplosion was extremely hard. What?

• Like 1

I struggled with the first because of the timed trials, but it felt good to get that plat! I don't see a trophy for finishing all challenges this time around (unless it's the "Very Special" one) so I think it will be easier for me.

*Can people stop saying "it was easy" please. It really helps no one's confidence and makes you sound a bit assish :) I'm not being specific to anyone, it's a general comment to the gamer community.

• Like 1

I’m nort particularly worried about the game being very difficult. What does scare me is the fact that they decided to put this in:

19L8277a5.png

To me the overabundance of memes, all of which have aged like milk, is probably the worst thing about the original. I was hoping this would be a mistake they wouldn’t repeat.