Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Where is the Nyctophobia aka

Hide contents

? :P 

Sounds like a nice selection of phobias. Might join the event but I have to skim through my list if there's anything that would fit the phobias and that I plan to play in the next few months, but as I have a chronic gamophobia it's hard to stick to plans. :D

I totally expected triskaidekaphobia (fear of the number 13) to be one of them. Seems fitting for the bonus category. I'm sure @Dav9834 would agree :awesome: .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I totally expected triskaidekaphobia (fear of the number 13) to be one of them. Seems fitting for the bonus category. I'm sure @Dav9834 would agree :awesome: .

Good catch! Just to honor the number I gave the 13th like to the OP. :o

And I assume the mentioning of @Dav9834 has something to do with Song Vote? :D

But Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia (fear of the number 666) would also be a nice name for a category. Or maybe all participants combined can reach that number of plats? xD

I'd like to join!

1. Samhainophobia - The Escapists: The Walking Dead (PS4)
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. - The Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4) 
3.  Kinemortophobia. - The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
4. Thanatophobia. - Slain: Back from Hell (PS4)
5.  Monophobia. - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
6.  Dementophobia. - Claire (PS4)
7. Chronophobia. - The Little Acre (PS4)
8. Decidophobia. - Until Dawn (PS4)
9. Technophobia. - Teslagrad (PS4)
10. Acrophobia. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
11. Metathesiophobia. - Ether One (PS4)
12. Gynophobia. - Remember Me (PS3)
13. Phobophobia. - ???

Interesting event, I'll sign up with these categories for now, please:

Chronophobia - Life is Strange - I loved this game the first time through and still want to stack it someday so this seems like the right time to do that :P.
Decidophobia -  Heavy Rain - I thought Detroit: Become Human was brilliant so I'll give this David Cage game a go this time.
Metathesiophobia - Until Dawn - Heh, not sure if I'll like myself for choosing this. I've never actually played through a horror game before, so this'll be a first. Not sure what to expect, but I thought it'd be very fitting for this event :lol:.

• Like 1

I’d like to join for the scary-go-round ٩( °ω° )و

I backlogged 死印/Shiin (English title going to be ‘Death Mark’ iirc?) to play around Halloween. So there’s 1 game on my profile already that’s just perfect for this event. I will hand in my list of games at a later date but already took a sneak peek at PSNP’s horror VITA list and got ideas.

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

You mustn't choose a terrifying/horror game for this event@DragonQuest238

Uh, are you ordering me not to play scary games? xD

Listen to what I would say: "You do not have to choose a scary game for this event."

Sorry, but when I read stuff like this my inner Grammar Nazi digs himself out of his grave. I guess because I had so many English classes as a kid I am becoming a bit anal whenever I read bad grammar. :P

Well, Dr_Mayus's event ends in mid-September so I guess I could take part in this. Let's see what the cabins are before I make any decisions.

I'd love to be part of this, although I'm not sure I'll be able to finish every game I'll name.

Here's my list so far :

3.  Kinemortophobia Deadlight Director's Cut

4. Thanatophobia Axiom Verge (deathless trophy)

7. Chronophobia LocoRoco Remastered (time attack trophies)
8. Decidophobia Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

11. Metathesiophobia Wheels of Aurelia
12. Gynophobia Dishonored : Death of the Outsider

Edited by gerboize

I join

1. Spyro the Dragon 1
  2. Sword Art Online: Lost Song

3. Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

4. ...

5. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

6. Batman: Arkham Asylum

7. Spyro the Dragon 2

8. Warriors All-Stars

9. ...

10. Spider-Man

11. Gal*Gun Double Peace

12. Omega Labyrinth

13. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate in case of the team captain is a Demon/Devil/Spawn from Hell etc.

I`am not sure yet if Spyro Reignited Trilogy have 3 Plats or just 1 lazy plat

*Does Batman Arkham Origins count for 4? It have a trophy that You need to fight Shiva without taking any damage.

**Batman use technology a lot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Uh, are you ordering me not to play scary games? xD

Of course i can't do that :P  i simply suggest that you can pick not (very) scary games to play :) Look at my list for example only 1 game is from the horror-action genre (Resident Evil 0), 1 may be a bit scary (thinking of Enigmatis) but two aren't scary at all - but i think i'll add two one more games which are scary :P  :D I'll add Daylight but don't know any category for Albedo :(

2. Resident Evil 0 (30%). Perfect for this category as there are spiders, bugs and other disgusting looking animals to fight against :P

4. LittleBigPlanet (PS3) (90%). I still have to complete all story missions without dying.

5. Daylight (0%). It's about exploring dark rooms with only your mobile as a light source.

8. Guardians of the Galaxy (PS4) (0%). A Telltale game, i don't know more about it :D

12. Enigmatis (0%). A game by Artifex Mundi whose games always have a female protagonist afaik.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

My list:

Kinemortophobia:  Dying Reborn

Monophobia: Old Man's Journey

Technophobia: Black the Fall

Gynophobia: Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones

Acrophobia: The Unfinished Swan  (This one could also qualify for Metathesiophobia)  :awesome:

Edited by Lorajet

Love the idea, so I'd like to join as well.

1. Samhainophobia - can't think of any game that would even remotely fall into this category, maybe the expected Halloween sale in October brings something along.

2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Swapquest (spiders and snakes are some of the enemies)

3.  Kinemortophobia - Mages of Mystralia (has skeletons that revive, if you don't destroy their remains)

4. Thanatophobia - Here They Lie (trophy for dying a bunch of times)

5.  Monophobia - The Long Reach

6.  Dementophobia - going to wait for the Halloween sale for this one as well.

7. Chronophobia - Shantae Half-Genie Hero (speedrun)

8. Decidophobia - Heavy Rain

9. Technophobia - Nier Automata

10. Acrophobia - Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again

11. Metathesiophobia - Poi (I don't play a lot of 3D platformers)

12. Gynophobia - still undecided

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Looks like I have to conquer my own gamophobia. xD Double-checking, I made an error, I thought you had to do the entire list, but I was wrong so I'll gladly sign up, although I don't think I'll be able to decide on my games for this event until later. I need to ask a question: I have Grim Fandango Remastered. Could I count that game as Thanatophobia because it is the story about a down-on-his-luck Grim Reaper? I would not mind having to go through this game again with tank controls if that was the case. A swift reply would be grateful. :)

Edited by DragonQuest238

I'll try, here are my 12 choices. I'll go for them all but probably wont get them all, but I'll try for sure for 3.

1. Fear of Halloween - Deadly Premonition (Definitive halloween game imo.)

2. Fear of bugs/snakes - Everything (I'm really assuming this game will have some type of bug or snakes)

3. Fear of the undead - escape dead island

4. Fear of dying - Unravel

5. Fear of being alone - Inside (never played it but it seems very lonely from what ive seen)

6. Fear of insanity - Psychonauts

7. Fear of time - 36 Fragments of Midnight (vita version, already platted the ps4 version)

8. Fear of decisions - Game of Thrones

9. Fear of technology - Observer

10. Fear of heights - Spider-Man

11. Fear of change - fritz by chessbase (never played chess in my life)

12. Fear of women - Gemini heroes reborn

13. Team Jaws - Abzu

EDIT: @DoctorDrPepper I added my 13th game

Edited by xLetsP1ayGod
  • Like 1

2. Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

9. Iron Man 2 (PS3)

12. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4)

I think i may add it more but just to be on safe side and not ruin hardcore badge i will added it later as the time go. but these 3 are absolute play for me in my schedule on that period :)