Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

1Me816a2.png

Well, score one for Team Cujo! He's not a rabid dog but hey, he is a ghost. ^_^

So I got my Phobophobia entry down today. It wasn't as boring as I thought but it did take a few hours, especially since the game started glitching out and making platforms invisible in one part and I missed a flower for the 100% flower collection trophy and had to go back and check it. Luckily it didn't take too long to get.

I want to take a break and continue my quest in Dragon Quest XI as well as complete some more of my backlog not related to this event but I promise I'll get another game updated before the month is out, probably Technophobia because I want to try to get some PS3 time since I spent over $100 on the console.

Progress Update:

1. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Arachnophobia)
  2. Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones (Kinemortophobia)
  3. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (Monophobia)
  4. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Thanatophobia)
  5. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (Technophobia)
  6. Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery (Gynophobia)
  7. Seasons After Fall (Phobophobia)
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

@DoctorDrPepper Team Leatherface here, can you please add another game on my list? Saints Row: Gat out of Hell for Gynophobia. Kinzie is the protagonist along with Gat, and you are required to play as her a considerable amount of time. (or majority of the game, both leads can freely switch back and forth). 

So we made a ruling earlier on this category that it had to be a game where you played a woman the whole time. I only played this game for like 30 minutes with a friend so I don’t know the answer but can you play this whole game as Kinzie without ever being Johnny Gat? If so I’ll get it added to you list ASAP.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

5 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

So we made a ruling earlier on this category that it had to be a game where you played a woman the whole time. I only played this game for like 30 minutes with a friend so I don’t know the answer but can you play this whole game as Kinzie without ever being Johnny Gat? If so I’ll get it added to you list ASAP.

Well, you need to play as Johnny for at least two hours, since there's a trophy for playing as both characters. I guess that invalidates it, then.
Well, then I'll simply put my progress for the event on hold until preparing the plat, because there is no way I'm not making it #66.

17 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Well, you need to play as Johnny for at least two hours, since there's a trophy for playing as both characters. I guess that invalidates it, then.
Well, then I'll simply put my progress for the event on hold until preparing the plat, because there is no way I'm not making it #66.

You could use Mirror's Edge or Remember Me for Gynophobia. Dragon's Dogma is also a possibility if you create a female character.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

You could use Mirror's Edge or Remember Me for Gynophobia. Dragon's Dogma is also a possibility if you create a female character.

I'm not confident in my ability to do either on these on time. Well, I guess I'll focus on getting RE7 done and forget about this category for now.

25 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Does this apply for games that were already accepted into the list?

I've never played Beyond: Two Souls, and I still haven't. but looking at the Trophy aparently the game is played by switching characters between a girl and a ghost boy or something

If that was the case, I do have other games where you play (I believe) only as a girl, like Nier Automata (also have never played it to know for sure)

As long as I don't lose my badg for not switching games off the list I'm fine with either desicion 

1 minute ago, NetEntity said:

I'm not confident in my ability to do either on these on time. Well, I guess I'll focus on getting RE7 done and forget about this category for now.

Ok, if you hire max level pawns in Dragon's Dogma, it's possible to shave at least 15 hours off the playtime.

1 minute ago, Zippyhammer said:

If that was the case, I do have other games where you play (I believe) only as a girl, like Nier Automata (also have never played it to know for sure)

As long as I don't lose my badg for not switching games off the list I'm fine with either desicion 

I haven't played NieR Automata either, but from what I understand you play as a guy too in the game.

30 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

22 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

I think we should allow Saints Row: Gat out of Hell for this one; just on the basis that someone else is using Borderlands 2 for Gynophobia and as @Zippyhammerpointed out, a lot of people are also using Beyond: Two Souls.

Just my thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, if you hire max level pawns in Dragon's Dogma, it's possible to shave at least 15 hours off the playtime.

I haven't played NieR Automata either, but from what I understand you play as a guy too in the game.

My current (well, when I played it awhile back) Dogma character is a male, and I have already fooled around in the overworld for a considerable amount of time. Don't really want to reset him.

37 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I think we should allow Saints Row: Gat out of Hell for this one; just on the basis that someone else is using Borderlands 2 for Gynophobia and as @Zippyhammerpointed out, a lot of people are also using Beyond: Two Souls.

Just my thoughts.

Huh, didn’t notice that before.

sounds good to me. @NetEntity gat out of hell is added.

47 minutes ago, Zippyhammer said:

Does this apply for games that were already accepted into the list?

I've never played Beyond: Two Souls, and I still haven't. but looking at the Trophy aparently the game is played by switching characters between a girl and a ghost boy or something

Go ahead and play Beyond. Knowing nothing about it I assumed you were Ellen Page the whole time so I thought it was fine but I’m not gonna make you change your plans now that we’re in the middle of this.

Please forgive me too if I seem bad at this event running thing with the ruling on stuff. Because apparently I am. 

Yall this shit is hard.

• Like 4

Sorry (Team Jaws) for not being so actively trophy hunting as before, I am a little busy these days. 

My current progress is:

Slain: Back from Hell 7%

I might add new games for other categories even before completing my other games as I wanted to add Catherine for Gynophobia (you don't play as a female character, but the game revolves around two women, that counts, right?) but I wasn't very confident I could plat it this soon, I am now, however I want to get all the tough trophies out of the way first so do NOT add it yet please.

I'll let you know of my progress.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Please forgive me too if I seem bad at this event running thing with the ruling on stuff. Because apparently I am. 

Yall this shit is hard.

I wouldn't say you're bad at running an event, you're doing well for your first time. However I do think you're being a little strict with some of the rules. The seasonal events started off as being something purely based on fun, which is why Toogie was extremely lenient with the categories. Adding stuff like not being able to change a category even if you keep the game on your list, as well as the gynophobia issue seems a little much for something that's supposed to promote playing different types of games. (Especially since you're adding them after the event already started) 

My advice would be to just chill out a bit and go with the flow. As you said in the beginning, if you thinks something counts, it counts and have fun with it. Not trying to undermine you as an event runner, just my thoughts on the matter. :)

1 hour ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Yall this shit is hard.

You are doing a great job and are always checking to see what people have posted, so that is a big plus in my book. ? I appreciate how you are handling the categories and it makes me really try to fit and complete a game that meets the theme.  The fact you are taking time to work this event is unbelievably great!  Thank you so much.

Like I said, doing a great job and don't worry about the small stuff! ☺️ 

@Mesopithecus  A BIG thumbs up to you too, for keeping up with all of our games and wishes for the event!!  ??

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 1

Update

Hey guys, I've had some extra free time today so I've taken the opportunity to go through all the participants profiles and update completed games on the spreadsheet ^_^  Front page post has also been updated too in line with this.  I know we can all be busy sometimes, but don't be shy to pop your head in the thread and update us on the awesome progress you're making! :D

Spreadsheet can be double checked here: Halloween Event

31 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Sorry (Team Jaws) for not being so actively trophy hunting as before, I am a little busy these days. 

My current progress is:

Slain: Back from Hell 7%

I might add new games for other categories even before completing my other games as I wanted to add Catherine for Gynophobia (you don't play as a female character, but the game revolves around two women, that counts, right?) but I wasn't very confident I could plat it this soon, I am now, however I want to get all the tough trophies out of the way first so do NOT add it yet please.

I'll let you know of my progress.

No worries my friend, how're you enjoying Slain and Catherine? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Update

Hey guys, I've had some extra free time today so I've taken the opportunity to go through all the participants profiles and update completed games on the spreadsheet ^_^  Front page post has also been updated too in line with this.  I know we can all be busy sometimes, but don't be shy to pop your head in the thread and update us on the awesome progress you're making! :D

Spreadsheet can be double checked here: Halloween Event

No worries my friend, how're you enjoying Slain and Catherine? 

Really enjoying Catherine, it's a really great I should've played before. The puzzles seem impossible to Gold at first, but they aren't that hard except for a few sections. The story is keeping me thrilled, I have to find out the outcome yet.

As for Slain, I will enjoy it more if I'll play it more time nonstop. I'm still getting used to the game, specially focusing on the no-death trophy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Really enjoying Catherine, it's a really great I should've played before. The puzzles seem impossible to Gold at first, but they aren't that hard except for a few sections. The story is keeping me thrilled, I have to find out the outcome yet.

As for Slain, I will enjoy it more if I'll play it more time nonstop. I'm still getting used to the game, specially focusing on the no-death trophy. 

I always hear nothing but good things about Catherine, so I'm glad you're enjoying it :)  

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus

@DoctorDrPepper You´re doing a great job man, don´t worry ✌️

Update from Team Jason!!!

I did It!! Finally Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Kinemortophobia)platinum  it´s done, and i feel like...

AgileWarmEyelashpitviper-size_restricted

The challenges were hard but i had a lot of fun with this one! What a great game. 10/10

Completed in 5 days, 2 hours...ok, i´ll take it.

Spoiler

THANATOPHOBIA: SOUND SHAPES platinum1f4af.png%

GYNOPHOBIA:  LIFE IS STRANGE- BEFORE THE STORM platinum

KINEMORTOPHOBIA:  WOLFENSTEIN - THE OLD BLOOD platinum

TECHNOFOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN - THE NEW ORDER

ARACHNOPHOBIA, ENTOMOPHOBIA, OPHIDIOPHOBIA: FULLBLAST

DECIDOPHOBIA: UNDERTALE

ACROPHOBIA: YOOKA-LAYLEE

Next: Wolfenstein: The New Order (Technophobia) 

Bring it on!!!?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, fabiansc83 said:

@Mesopithecus

@DoctorDrPepper You´re doing a great job man, don´t worry 270c.png

Update from Team Jason!!!

I did It!! Finally Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Kinemortophobia)platinum  it´s done, and i feel like...

AgileWarmEyelashpitviper-size_restricted

The challenges were hard but i had a lot of fun with this one! What a great game. 10/10

Completed in 5 days, 2 hours...ok, i´ll take it.

Reveal hidden contents

THANATOPHOBIA: SOUND SHAPES platinum1f4af.png%

GYNOPHOBIA:  LIFE IS STRANGE- BEFORE THE STORM platinum

KINEMORTOPHOBIA:  WOLFENSTEIN - THE OLD BLOOD platinum

TECHNOFOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN - THE NEW ORDER

ARACHNOPHOBIA, ENTOMOPHOBIA, OPHIDIOPHOBIA: FULLBLAST

DECIDOPHOBIA: UNDERTALE

ACROPHOBIA: YOOKA-LAYLEE

Next: Wolfenstein: The New Order (Technophobia) 

Bring it on!!!1f4aa.png

Congrats! :D  

Any plans for Wolfenstein II in the future?  

• Like 1