Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

team leatherface,

finally on the board :) 

1. Samhainophobia - Costume Quest 2
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Demons Souls
3.  Kinemortophobia - Resident Evil o
4. Thanatophobia - Alien Isolation
5.  Monophobia - Lone Survivor
6.  Dementophobia - 

7. Chronophobia - Life is Strange
8. Decidophobia - Life is Strange: Before the Storm
9. Technophobia - R.U.S.E :platinum:
10. Acrophobia - 

11. Metathesiophobia - Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO :platinum:
12. Gynophobia - 
13. Phobophobia - 

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, PermaFox said:

@Mesopithecus Add another game to my list for Team Jigsaw:

3. Kinemortophobia: Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones

@DragonQuest238 Thanks for the idea for adding that game!

You're welcome!

Already started a bit on my Technophobia title, Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus. I've completed all of the story up to the final planet.

• Like 2

OK, uh... So, I played some game called Lili: Child of Geos, not knowing what it was about. I just platinumed it and I'm still not sure I know what it's about. But it's gotta fit somewhere.

While Gynophobia is the most obvious, I want to save that one for later. It could work for Samhainophobia, since Lili likes wearing costumes, but I noticed a good chunk of the game is played high up. Since I don't know what else I'd do for Acrophobia, that should work. OSHA would have a field day with this place.

Image result for lili child of geos

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

OK, uh... So, I played some game called Lili: Child of Geos, not knowing what it was about. I just platinumed it and I'm still not sure I know what it's about. But it's gotta fit somewhere.

While Gynophobia is the most obvious, I want to save that one for later. It could work for Samhainophobia, since Lili likes wearing costumes, but I noticed a good chunk of the game is played high up. Since I don't know what else I'd do for Acrophobia, that should work. OSHA would have a field day with this place.

The antagonists are spirits, so that would work for Samhainophobia. Or considering Lili's character arc (deciding not the return to school and follow her father's career) you could put it in the Fear of Change category.

But really, you can put it whatever category you want. Even if it's a stretch, as long as you can justify it, it counts.

1 hour ago, Neocarleen said:

The antagonists are spirits, so that would work for Samhainophobia. Or considering Lili's character arc (deciding not the return to school and follow her father's career) you could put it in the Fear of Change category.

But really, you can put it whatever category you want. Even if it's a stretch, as long as you can justify it, it counts.

Acrophobia is fine. The only other game I had in mind for that is Owlboy, but it's not very high on my list right now, so I doubt I'll get to it any time soon.

@DoctorDrPepper @Mesopithecus

Also appreciate your work. I love the Event so far :)  Keep up the good work!

Bought Shenmue Collection and want to start it this Weekend. Read that there is a time cyclus which will generate a game over if you take to Long. So the first game Shenmue 1 would fit into category 7 :)  Not sure about the second game. Any suggestions in which of my open category it could fit?

Spoiler

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. - ?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes - ?
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead. - ?
4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dring - Jotun - 97%
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone. - Titan Souls - 98%
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity. - Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum :platinum:
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time. - Shenmue 1
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions. - ?
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology - Borderlands - The Pre Sequel 1f4af.png:platinum:

10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Yakuza Kiwami 2 - :platinum:
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change - ?
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women - ?
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself - Crash Bandicoot: Warped - :platinum:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'd say it fits any category that involves some form of torture, as that's what playing through that game is.

• Like 1

Update:

5. Deep Ones :platinum:

I always wish Sometimes You make their game cross buy. It is so bad that we can't get game just on different platform but same game in one buy in the age of digital purchase. This game is not too bad gameplay wise but to where near good either. the game has some challenge section but not too bad. Overall, I have a little fun but mostly don't have much fun beside the moment i get the platinum is the most fun part in the game. the control is so clunky and make no sense. theme is interesting though.

and add one entry to my roster :

10. FullBlast 

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

Alright, two more for Team Jaws!  Both real easy, only delay was an annoying grind in Lili and I couldn't find my second controller for Tina.  Now, onto more Mordor!

1. A Hat in Time

2. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

3. Guacamelee 2

4. 101 Ways to Die

5. Obduction

6. Lithium Inmate 39

7. Crash Bandicoot 2

8. Game of Thrones

9. Black the Fall

10. Aer: Memories of Old

11. Tina's Toy Factory

12. Lili: Child of Geos

13. Rime

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'd say it fits any category that involves some form of torture, as that's what playing through that game is.

Not a fan? I thought it was okay. Definitely not worth the current price, but it's colorful and relaxing. I see I inspired @willythom88 too!

My alternative for Acrophobia was just going to be to get Crash 3 back to 100%, but a new game is better, I think. (Gynophobia will be coming this weekend...)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Not a fan? I thought it was okay. Definitely not worth the current price, but it's colorful and relaxing. I see I inspired @willythom88 too!

My alternative for Acrophobia was just going to be to get Crash 3 back to 100%, but a new game is better, I think. (Gynophobia will be coming this weekend...)

Haha, just finished it before work this morning.  It's very much ok for the short duration of the game (it's really short once you know what you're doing.  I restarted to exploit this easy farming spot for birds in the forest and it only took about 30 minutes to get there from the beginning) but the grinding, especially for pots, is really annoying.  I think when I got it on sale it was only 3 or 4 bucks though so not too hateful for the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

It was one of the dullest gaming experiences I've ever had xD  .

16 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

Small update for Team Pinhead: I'm one platforming section and three trophies away from the Guacamelee 2 platinum and my 5000th trophy. Unfortunately I have been stuck here for almost a full day now. I'm hoping to get it done today, rage quit permitting 1f605.png

I haven't played it since the day it came out, how's the difficulty overall? Considering making this my last one of the lot so I can give it my full attention but I was curious how rough the difficulty is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

I haven't played it since the day it came out, how's the difficulty overall? Considering making this my last one of the lot so I can give it my full attention but I was curious how rough the difficulty is.

I definitely would say that the difficulty in the optional areas is higher than the first game. I would highly, highly recommend doing your 100% run on normal and then go for hard mode in a second playthrough only because of those extra areas. But then again I'm also kinda garbage at games like these ? It's SO good though!

• Like 1

@DoctorDrPepper

I have been watching this event from the sidelines and I think you have been doing good so far. Everyone is having fun and that is what is the most important. But don't be afraid of constructive criticism. Each feedback you get can only make future events even better. It is something I always try to keep in mind myself.

• Like 1

Update

Everyone has been updated on the spreadsheet :)  If I have missed anyone, please let me know I can rectify it.

@Zippyhammer Do you own the disc or digital version of Uncharted 2?  If you own the disc, you can delete the patches and use the exploit for crushing difficulty

Also, random bit of information but apparently there are talks of a Candyman movie remake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

It was one of the dullest gaming experiences I've ever had xD  .

Hopefully you're enjoying my girl Shantae more!

I'm about to begin my Kinemortophobia game: IRON CRYPTICLE. It also looks like it has creepy crawlies. Might work for either. I dunno. I don't plan this stuff out. I just play.

I better save some spots for the inevitable Halloween sale.