Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

11 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

Got the platinum in spiderman so I'll most likely be working something from my list soon. I had to put my cat down this weekend so the motivation to play is just not there right now. She was my main gaming buddy at home and spiderman was our last platinum together. Shame we never made it to 50 on this profile.

Sorry to hear this Sphinx.  That really sucks.  My heart goes out to you.

I just want to drop in quick update at my progression and my thought / plan for next

First, I am working on Platinum Linelight and Zero Time Dilemma at the same time. I play ZTD on the go and Linelight while i'm home. Thing progress smoothly.

But while Linelight is a good little game and i heard some compliment on this game that it's easy platinum and relax game with cheap price

THIS IS NOT TRUE, DO NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAPHOLE IF YOU DONT WANT TO HOTHEADED OR USE SOME SERIOUS BRAIN ACTIVITY

you may say, Linelight has a solution! Just follow the solution you fool!

Well, the solution indeed help but you still need to perform "action" most likely very sensitive and most of them require intense focus to pull it off. even you have solution it will take multiple attempt.

I will eventually platinum it (For event-sake and I don't feel like waste my money) but I really don't enjoy this game after a long day/even in weekend i don't want to waste time annoyed myself through those slog puzzles. I admitted some of them are clever but most of them are there to just annoyed you more than entertained. This thing is not easy platinum. 10-12 hours of non-stop intense, hair-pulling puzzle while watch youtube solution is not the best game to play after long day. 

About Zero Time Dilemma, well i love this kind of game myself and have very good time with it while speed through it.

I also plan to play Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward next as it fit one of my category left and i have this game for free from PS+ long ago but never finished it , maybe it's time to do so :) but i want to assess my time left because next month I will be very busy playing Mega Man 11 and AC Odyssey for entire month. (RDR2 too!)

and the last i still have 3. left. I am thinking about playing Walking Dead Survival Instinct but i still in the porcess of evaluate my time and study some roadmap before maybe jump in action later.

Overall, I enjoy the time in this event and complete many games I have. If it isn't event here i will postpone those game and it will never finished :)

• Like 2

For anyone who wanted to platinum Fill-A-Pix or Word Search POWGI... DON'T DO IT! DON'T FALL INTO THE DEATHTRAP!

These games are indeed no-brainers, just solve puzzles. The problem is there are a ton of puzzles. Fill-A-Pix has 80 puzzles, I think, and Word Search has 324 puzzles in 27 categories of 12, and it takes between 8 to 30 minutes to solve each puzzle especially on the Vita since the touch screen is not responsive.

You will not platinum these games in two hours, you'll be struggling with it for a week of non-stop gaming. :(

• Like 1

Update for Team Jigsaw!

3. Kinemortophobia: Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones :platinum:

5. Monophobia: Planet of the Eyes
8 Decidophobia: Unmechanical Extended
9. Technophobia: Black the Fall
11. Metathesiophobia: AER

13. Phobophobia: Until Dawn :platinum:

Really enjoyed Until Dawn.  Took me a while to finally get to this game, but worth it!

• Like 2

@Mesopithecus Aw crap, I didn't check back right away! Is it too late now? I have a tentative list, so let me know if it's valid! As far as I understand, any plat earned after September 1 counts, even if you started the game earlier. Here's my list:

2.  Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special Edition - Frostbite Spiders made me not want to explore caves for the longest time.

3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead.

God of War (2018) - The draugr you fight throughout the game are undead soldiers.

6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - The game is about you fighting your way through a whole night on an asylum island.

8.  Decidophobia. Fear of decisions.

The Wolf Among Us - In typical Telltale fashion, this game is all about making choices and hoping they're the right ones.

10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights.

Marvel's Spider-Man - I know the event's fear themed and all, but I just can't get spooked while diving off of the Empire State Building and swinging once I'm inches from the pavement. So cool! So exhilarating! >:o

I plan on adding more, but these are the ones that come to mind right now! Let me know if I can add more later on, or if I can even join still! Hopefully my very spooky ghostboi avatar will persuade you to let me join!

• Like 4

Slowly chipping away at my Thanatophobia entry. I'm just six story levels away from completing Story Mode and then the grind begins for the cleanup. After I plat LEGO Harry Potter, I'll probably do Mudbog Island on Shantae and then switch to Ratchet and Clank and try to finish up the first run. I'm on the second-to-last planet and it shouldn't take too long. Technically I can just go to the last planet and cheese it but I want to try to get all of the RYNO plans to make the final boss a joke because he'll kill me on Legend Difficulty.

team leatherface 

costume quest 2 and hellblade now completed.

Spoiler

1.  Costume Quest 2 ?
2.  Demons Souls
3.   Resident Evil 0
4.  Alien Isolation
5.  Lone Survivor

7.  Life is Strange  :platinum:
8.  Life is Strange: Before the Storm  :platinum:
9.  R.U.S.E :platinum:

11. Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO :platinum:
12. Gynophobia - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice :platinum:
13. Phobophobia -

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Demon Gaze set the bar high for me :lol: .

I liked Dungeon Travelers 2 more =P... (We are talking of Dungeon Crawlers, right? XD)

One more plat for Team Cujo... Uncharted Lost Legacy!

And I want to add another game for the second category... Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

Thanks!

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus #Team Cujo

Got the platinum for Titan Souls :) Some trophies were really hard but nothing you can´t do with the might of Youtube :D Helped a lot to see speedrunners go through this game to see tactics to defeat some bosses quickly.

That´s it for the Moment with my list. I guess I will Play Nier next which could be added to on category. But I´m not totally sure about the workload of the game so I will add it shortly before I get the platinum :) Also some other games I´m playing with my fiance. Depending if she wants to Play or not I can add some games :D 

Spoiler

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. - ?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes - ?
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead. - ?
4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dring - Jotun - :platinum:
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone. - Titan Souls - :platinum:
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity. - Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum :platinum:
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time. - Shenmue 1 - :platinum:
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions. - ?
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology - Borderlands - The Pre Sequel 1f4af.png:platinum:

10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Yakuza Kiwami 2 - :platinum:
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change - ?
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women - ?
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself - Crash Bandicoot: Warped - :platinum:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NetEntity said:

-distant reeing sounds-

*Turns the music a bit louder* :awesome:

6 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I liked Dungeon Travelers 2 more =P... (We are talking of Dungeon Crawlers, right? XD)

Yeah, we're talking about dungeon crawlers. I have that game in my backlog, so will try it soon.

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

Got the platinum for Titan Souls :) Some trophies were really hard but nothing you can´t do with the might of Youtube :D Helped a lot to see speedrunners go through this game to see tactics to defeat some bosses quickly.

Congrats:yay: . I failed that speedrun 2 times :facepalm: .

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, we're talking about dungeon crawlers. I have that game in my backlog, so will try it soon.

I have only played 3 dungeon crawlers on Vita, Ray Gigant, Dungeon Travelers 2 and Demon Gaze, and I greatly recommend DT2, sadly the second game didn't reach the west...

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Second game didn't reach the west? So DT2 isn't the second game in the series?

I mean the sequel of DT2... Dungeon Travelers 2-2 =P

Sadly to get the plat of DT2 you just need to complete the story and farm fights, nothing more, but the game has some serious dungeons on post-game, it could have been a difficult plat xD

5 hours ago, Jens said:

It's just amazing once more. If you even remotely like light metroidvanias or 2D brawlers you owe it to yourself to play both Guacamelee games. It doesn't get any more satisfying than that. At one point I wanted to complain that it's kinda "Guacamelee 1.5" with the same abilities and everything but to be honest.... how could I complain about an almost-clone of a lovely thing? When you start your second playthrough on hard immediately after the credits of your first playthrough... you just know that you have a winner on your hands :P 

Congrats. I will follow you soon (hopefully), as I started my hard playthrough after taking a short break from the game. At the beginning I also thought that it felt like a Guacamelee! 1.5 but as soon as I entered the chicken HQ it became much more fun to play, thanks to the new powers. I also enjoyed the various Uay Chivos. :D 

• Like 1

@DoctorDrPepper

@Mesopithecus

UPDATE FROM TEAM JASON???

Wolfenstein- The New Order (Technophobia) it´s done! platinum

This is easily one of the finest fps i´ve played so far! Fergus Reid, Max, Hans "Bubi" Winkle, Set Roth, Frau Engel...so many great characters!. Gameplay is amazing and the story is excellent and surprisingly emotional. It's a testament to the developers skills that they managed to turn B. J. Blaskowicz into a protagonist who can effortlessly pull off superhuman feats, but still come across as a vulnerable human being.

Highly recommended!

Spoiler

THANATOPHOBIA: SOUND SHAPES platinum+ ?%

GYNOPHOBIA:  LIFE IS STRANGE- BEFORE THE STORM platinum

KINEMORTOPHOBIA:  WOLFENSTEIN - THE OLD BLOOD platinum

TECHNOPHOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN - THE NEW ORDER platinum

ARACHNOPHOBIA, ENTOMOPHOBIA, OPHIDIOPHOBIA: FULLBLAST

DECIDOPHOBIA: UNDERTALE

ACROPHOBIA: YOOKA-LAYLEE

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 4

One more game finished for Team Freddy :)

7. Chronophobia: God of War Ascension :platinum:

Not a great game, it copies almost everything from older entries but besides the end boss fight nothing was astonishing... in previous games Kratos fights/kills lots of gods and or titans and the story felt weird not only because it is a prequel to the others but it jumps back and forth in itself too... speaking about time jumps, it fits the category since Kratos finds an object which allows him to control time and repair bridges for example. It's very effective in combat too since it slows down enemies :)

Beating the game on Hard was difficult at the start, but became easier with more upgrades i could unlock. But one sequence at the later part was frustrating since i had to win 4 waves of enemies in very small areas and normally between waves are savepoints. But not this time :(  took a few tries to even survive wave 2. Watching a walkthrough on youtube gave me advice as to how much attacks i had to block :) after finishing the game i had to redo 4 chapters to get some level specific trophy, no idea why but the first trophy refused to unlock 3 times :(  luckily i took just around 2 mins for 2 tries and 5 min each for 2 more...no challenges of the gods/titans/whatever :P 

• Like 3

Phew, finally done. Thanatophobia is coming along nicely. Just completed the story mode for LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7, now all that's left is the cleanup. Managed to get 128/200 Gold Bricks and at 65.2% completion. Knowing my luck, the game will crash and corrupt the save data halfway through Free Play. :(

Edited by DragonQuest238