Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

Update

Everyone has been updated on the spreadsheet and the first page.  We're currently up to 153 games completed across all teams, which is incredible, so great job everyone ^_^

@DragonQuest238 Don't worry about updates :)  I usually update the spreadsheet and my post of participants on a daily basis, typically somewhere between 11am and 1pm EST.  I think you posted yesterday after I had already done the updates for the day, but I have updated you this morning.  Usually, if I have dropped a "like" on your post, it means I've seen it and updated it - it's my way of keeping track and you get free community reputation :P

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

On another spooky note I just read a news report about a 300 meter long spider web in part of Greece. Is it wrong to want to lay down a tactical nuke in part of Greece?

I just looked up the story and it seems they have built these large nests because it's mating season, the scientists have basically said that they will have their spider orgy and then die.  The pictures of the webs look awesome though

Maybe we should have had a Team Shelob :giggle:

Spoiler

c70f2e25ca008722f8147eeaac530c6b6e0a577d

• Like 4

I think I ready to announce my final game in the roster now.

In the wake of THQ Nordic just revive/acquire Alone in the Dark IP. I figured that I happened to have a physical copy of this game but never bother to finish it !

Actually it is my first PS3 game as the shop just give it to me for free for purchasing my PS3 which is still operating despite I have play it so much. and this game seems quick enough to platinum before the big storm of game incoming next month and i have no time to play anything else. and the game fit my final category perfectly.

So my final category:

3. Alone in the Dark: Inferno (PS3) 

:)

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

@DoctorDrPepper & @Mesopithecus

ANOTHER UPDATE FROM TEAM JASON:

BODYCOUNT: ??????

UNDERTALE (Decidophobia) it´s done! :platinum: aaaaaaannnndddddd......

Finally reach my platinum #100!!! :platinum::yay::platinum: It feels so good! Great milestone trophy btw!

Next: Yooka-Laylee (Acrophobia)

I´m almost done with my original list of games, so i want to add some more:

DELIRIANT (Monophobia): this game is cheap ($0.99), short, it´s an easy 100% and fits very well in this category, so why not?

SPY CHAMELEON (Chronophobia): This game have some speed related trophies (complete all levels is less than 18 minutes for example).

WRC 5 (Metathesiophobia): These days i realised that i don´t play any rally game in decades, maybe the multiplayer is very dead at this moment, but i will try.

LAST DAY OF JUNE (Phobophobia): Finally found a game that fits in this category!. Apparently, there´s a beautiful lake that is the protagonists favourite spot or something like that (please look below). I read some good reviews from this little game, so we will see.

Spoiler

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_152973.jpg

That´s it for now...sorry for my bad english ?

So far:

Spoiler
  1. SAMHAINOPHOBIA:
  2. ARACHNOPHOBIA, ETC: FULLBLAST :platinum:
  3. KINEMORTOPHOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN- THE OLD BLOOD :platinum:
  4. THANATOPHOBIA: SOUND SHAPES :platinum:+?%
  5. MONOPHOBIA: DELIRIANT
  6. DEMENTOPHOBIA:
  7. CHRONOPHOBIA: SPY CHAMELEON
  8. DECIDOPHOBIA: UNDERTALE :platinum:
  9. TECHNOPHOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN- THE NEW ORDER :platinum:
  10. ACROPHOBIA: YOOKA-LAYLEE
  11. METATHESIOPHOBIA: WRC 5
  12. GYNOPHOBIA: LIFE IS STRANGE- BEFORE THE STORM :platinum:
  13. PHOBOPHOBIA: LAST DAY OF JUNE

• Like 4

@DoctorDrPepper @Mesopithecus Just a question regarding one category:

1. Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. It's the reason for the season. Play a game that takes place during Halloween, or invokes the spirit of Halloween. Literally anything that reminds you of Halloween. This is your get creative category.

Is it possible to use a game were I can buy a pumpkin? :D  Pumpkin reminds me of Halloween ;) Just wanted to know to plan my next games for some categories :P 

Acrophobia - Licky the Lucky LLizard Lives Again - Why won't you just fall to your death?

Lca0420.png

Well, this is a thing that exists. So, you play as a lizard and have to move your way up a pit, by using your tongue on platforms while you're being chased by lava. There's ways to slow down the lava and rack up points faster (which is the sole purpose of the game). It's free, but it's so bad it's not recommendable. Honestly Licky should just go play in traffic.

Progress 9/13

Spoiler

1. Samhainophobia - Black MIrror

2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Swapquest (spiders and snakes are some of the enemies)

3.  Kinemortophobia - Mages of Mystralia (has skeletons that revive, if you don't destroy their remains)

4. Thanatophobia - Here They Lie

5.  Monophobia - The Long Reach

6.  Dementophobia - Layers of Fear (as far as I know the theme for this game is "madness", so it should fit)

7. Chronophobia - Shantae Half-Genie Hero

8. Decidophobia - Heavy Rain

9. Technophobia - Nier Automata

10. Acrophobia - Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again

11. Metathesiophobia (finished) - Poi

12. Gynophobia (finished) - Whispering Willows

13. Phobophobia - Inside (you play as a little boy, which fullfills the "Team Chucky" condition)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Inuty said:

@DoctorDrPepper @Mesopithecus Just a question regarding one category:

1. Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. It's the reason for the season. Play a game that takes place during Halloween, or invokes the spirit of Halloween. Literally anything that reminds you of Halloween. This is your get creative category.

Is it possible to use a game were I can buy a pumpkin? :D  Pumpkin reminds me of Halloween ;) Just wanted to know to plan my next games for some categories :P 

Yea, I wouldn't have a problem with you doing that.  It fits into the spirit of the event and I like some of the creative choices with the themes.  What game were you thinking?

@fabiansc83 Congrats on the milestone :yay:

Edited by Mesopithecus

4 minutes ago, Inuty said:

@Mesopithecus 

Thought where i should put Nier. You can buy and plant Pumpkins but there are also spiders as enemies which would fit into  Category 2. Not Sure right now so i will Think about it some more time :)

You could use it for decidophobia, as decisions you make affect which ending to get.

Well I was gonna finish my list for Team Pinhead before adding anything else, and then my boyfriend convinced me to start playing Marvel's Spider-Man and...well... I'm gonna be adding it to my list for Technophobia. ? It's hard to avoid loving this game so far, as someone who seriously loves Spider-Man. And it's been giving me something to do the last two days considering I've been largely bedridden, so that's a double win in my book.

Spoiler

S58d403.png Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC (Kinemortophobia) 1f4af.png

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) :platinum:

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) 85%

Sfe0ebb.png Marvel's Spider-Man (Technophobia) 5%

S570e66.png Guacamelee 2 (Acrophobia) :platinum:

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) 1f4af.png

Trophies Earned since 9/1/2018: :bronze:37 :silver:17 :gold::platinum:2

• Like 2

Just now, Yen-Pop said:

Well I was gonna finish my list for Team Pinhead before adding anything else, and then my boyfriend convinced me to start playing Marvel's Spider-Man and...well... I'm gonna be adding it to my list for Technophobia. 1f605.png It's hard to avoid loving this game so far, as someone who seriously loves Spider-Man. And it's been giving me something to do the last two days considering I've been largely bedridden, so that's a double win in my book.

Reveal hidden contents

S58d403.png Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC (Kinemortophobia) 1f4af.png

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) :platinum:

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) 85%

Sfe0ebb.png Marvel's Spider-Man (Technophobia) 5%

S570e66.png Guacamelee 2 (Acrophobia) :platinum:

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) 1f4af.png

Trophies Earned since 9/1/2018: :bronze:37 :silver:17 :gold::platinum:2

I say GO FOR IT!!  Especially since it is for Team Pinhead!!

• Like 1

Haven't done a lot, but some progress was made.  :dunno:

Team Cujo.

Seasons After Fall was a surprise. Very pretty and relaxing, didn't expect to enjoy it so much!

Somewhere along the lines of a puzzle-platformer with some backtracking for collectibles, especially once I realized I was a moron going for the wrong flowers. Vibrant and beautiful visuals (though the cutscenes are meh), lovely music - definitely going to have to give it a replay sometime when I'm less of a zombie.

Did wind up looking at a guide for the dark bit and the bird trophy, but played blind and just explored otherwise. Got rather lost in the last two zones.

Assassin's Creed 3 100%'d.

Don't. Just don't. I can't believe they charged $30 for that glitchy mess - a never-fixed, fairly common gamebreaking bug at the end of part one really isn't okay. A workaround is nice, but wiping out your install and save/data to do it is a bit much.
Through all three episodes, it was very common for enemy markers to be missing or remain despite a defeated enemy. Two spawn types didn't show up unless the game was reset once per instance in the third episode. Random visual bugs here and there as well, though those aren't as bad.

They also brought back the fun "don't hit anything in this terrible visibility portion, lol" requirements from the main game. :shakefist:

If they fix things with the remaster, the story's a bit odd, but the powers are fun to mess around with and it's pretty short/straightforward to finish.

Spoiler
Samhainophobia 1    
Arachnophobia 2 Marvel's Spider-Man :platinum:
Kinemortophobia 3    
Thanatophobia 4    
Monophobia 5 Everybody's Gone to the Rapture :hidden:
Dementophobia 6    
Chronophobia 7    
Decidophobia 8 InFamous :platinum:
Technophobia 9 Horizon: Zero Dawn :hidden:
Acrophobia 10 Assassin's Creed 3 DLC :gold:
Metathesiophobia 11    
Gynophobia 12    
Phobophobia (Cujo) 13 Seasons After Fall :platinum:

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 2

Got the platinums for Teslagrad and Ether One, so that's two more completions for Team Leatherface.

Spoiler

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead

2. The Deadly Tower of Monsters

3. The Last of Us: Remastered

4. Slain: Back from Hell

5. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

6. Claire :platinum:

7. The Little Acre :platinum:

8. Until Dawn

9. Teslagrad :platinum:

10. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

11. Ether One :platinum:

12. Remember Me

Edited by Surge3Beast
  • Like 1

Finally some progress to report.

Just finished Ray Gigant a few minutes ago.

Didn't really enjoy the game and even if I didn't finish it, I liked Demon Gaze way more than this one. Demon Gaze had those random difficulty spikes which were rather annoying but once you equipped specific moves and equipment in Ray Gigant you were able to breeze through all enemies without any real hassle which made it boring. The final dungeon more or less solely consisted of Ichiya doing the Ion Attack as the devs thought it would be a cool idea to have some unbalanced element system where one element has no weakness and the other one is inferior to all other three. Kyle and Nil were more or less only reduced to drones using wait so Ichiya can use his attacks as their owns were rather weak (barely any of Nil's spells did damage to the enemies, although she used the ultimate spells with best equipment :facepalm: ).

The story is nothing special and somehoiw it feels like major parts of story-related dialogs were missing as some story-changes felt rather abrupt. Therefor it has quite a bunch of random topics where you just wonder why they were added (mainly anyhting around Ichiya <_<).

The only thing I really liked were the visuals during the battles and maybe the battle system itself, although it felt you have to do too many button presses to kill the standard mobs.

Team Jigsaw

Spoiler

1. Guacamelee! 2

3. Riddled Corpses EX --> DONE

5. Abzu

6. Sundered

7. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

8. Life is Strange

9. Muv-Luv Alternative --> DONE

10. Spider-Man

11. Ray-Gigant --> DONE

12. Icey

13. Detroit: Become Human

• Like 2

Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - All of these were not enough to make this game enjoyable

L91ed0f.png

Essentially a digital variant of the board game Labyrinth. Tile-swapping needs to be done on the fly as you're being hunted by some sort of purple mist. There's enemies, chests and obstacles and each level has it's own theme. What sounds potentially interesting, is actually quite boring. Not to mention that there's an unhealthy amount of RNG involved.

Progress: 10/13

Spoiler

1. Samhainophobia - Black MIrror

2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Swapquest

3.  Kinemortophobia - Mages of Mystralia (has skeletons that revive, if you don't destroy their remains)

4. Thanatophobia - Here They Lie

5.  Monophobia - The Long Reach

6.  Dementophobia - Layers of Fear (as far as I know the theme for this game is "madness", so it should fit)

7. Chronophobia - Shantae Half-Genie Hero

8. Decidophobia - Heavy Rain

9. Technophobia - Nier Automata

10. Acrophobia - Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again

11. Metathesiophobia (finished) - Poi

12. Gynophobia (finished) - Whispering Willows

13. Phobophobia - Inside (you play as a little boy, which fullfills the "Team Chucky" condition)

• Like 2