Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

Team Chucky

Got the plat and 100% in dead space 2. It's definitely my favourite one in the trilogy, I'd love it if they ever decided to do a remaster. Hardcore mode was a breeze this time round, only died twice, once when I screwed up sticking a needle in my eye and the other time was right near the end of chapter 14. Then i had my pew pew gun for zealot run. Still got the German version somewhere with its separate list, might make that plat #20.

• Like 4

And another one done:

12. Gynophobia: ICEY

Overall it was a fun experience even if some of those fourth wall-related jokes/dialogues felt a bit forced. Only wished that the game would have a bit more content. Was kinda surprised to see how short it is, even when going for all those optional rooms and trophies. But at least there's no need to grind in the game, which is definitely a plus.

Somehow I regret chosing the game for Gynophobia, though, especially after the fight against Parker, that one giant robot spider.

Now I'm curious whether I will focus on Guacamelee! 2 for reals or not. ?

Team Jigsaw

Spoiler

1. Guacamelee! 2

3. Riddled Corpses EX - Complete

5. Abzu

6. Sundered

7. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

8. Life is Strange

9. Muv-Luv Alternative - Complete

10. Spider-Man

11. Ray-Gigant - Complete

12. Icey - Complete

13. Detroit: Become Human

• Like 4

Update:

Alone in the Dark: Inferno  :platinum:

The game story surprisingly good and engaging. I think the game has so many good idea but the execution is bad at most. The control scheme is very bad and take so long to get used to. I hope THQ Nordic's sequel is taking a polished + new game design philosophy in this game. I can see the potential of it. I like how this game trying to be a TV show episode and it feels right at pacing of TV show. I enjoy that the most of my playthrough. the rest is ti be hinest, just a torture lol. Right now Alan Wake is way better.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward  :platinum:

The game text cursor move so slow and everything about the game is way too slow, overexplaining same thing over and over without proper text skip, animation etc. not sure why I set auto text but ssometimes it suddenly stop by itself without any indication. the story is good but i didn't read it much as i prefer read external material after done torturing myself through the game that slowass everything. Well, it is done. at least. didn't expected this to take me 35 hours to platinum.

I have one last game and I think i got the game with Season Pass so i have time to platinum it 1 month that should be enough to wrap up my entire list :) but i think i will play Mega Man 11 (and maybe try to plat if it isn't too hard..) and leave ACOd a while so proper roadmap is filled just in case.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

The Candyman guts another victim! 6. Dementophobia complete with a shiny platinum for Batman Return to Arkham Asylum. The game was just as good as I remembered it and I had fun playing the remaster. I had forgotten that the fighting wasn't quite as smooth as the later iterations, but once I got used to it again it was smooth sailing! I've decided to add Lego The Hobbit as my 2. Arachnophobia entry. I'll teach those Attercops and Lazy lobs a thing or two with Bilbo! Let's go team Candyman!

• Like 2

@Mesopithecus #Team Cujo

Want to add Life is Strange: Before the Storm for Category 12. My fiance was motivated this Weekend to Play the game with me and we platinumed it yesterday :) Great Prequel to a lovely game series. We can´t wait to Play Life is Strange 2 :P  Also making good Progress in Nier but I´m still unsure were to put it. It depends if I can put Fist of the North Star in one of the categories after the release of the game :D  But I Need to Play it first to see if it fits in any of the categories left.

Spoiler

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. - ?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes - ?
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead. - ?
4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dring - Jotun - :platinum:
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone. - Titan Souls - :platinum:
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity. - Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum :platinum:
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time. - Shenmue 1 - :platinum:
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions. - ?
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology - Borderlands - The Pre Sequel 1f4af.png:platinum:

10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Yakuza Kiwami 2 - :platinum:
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change - ?
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women - Life is Strange: Before the Storm :platinum:
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself - Crash Bandicoot: Warped - :platinum:

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 2

I made a lot of progress with Toukiden during the weekend. Obtained 16 mitama (souls of slain heroes) and 2 Eye of Truth Masks :dance: . Only 49 more mitama and 4 masks remaining for the plat. RNG must've been drunk or something and confused me with someone else, because I got a mitama in 3 consecutive battles on Saturday and on Sunday in 2 consecutive battles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I made a lot of progress with Toukiden during the weekend. Obtained 16 mitama (souls of slain heroes) and 2 Eye of Truth Masks :dance: . Only 49 more mitama and 4 masks remaining for the plat. RNG must've been drunk or something and confused me with someone else, because I got a mitama in 3 consecutive battles on Saturday and on Sunday in 2 consecutive battles.

Nice, that's awesome.  Not long to go! :D  I might need some of your RNG luck to get the last four items I need in Magical Miracle Girl Monomi -_-

2 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Nice, that's awesome.  Not long to go! :D  I might need some of your RNG luck to get the last four items I need in Magical Miracle Girl Monomi -_-

That horrible mini-game :jaymon: . You could try what I did: offer this drink. Though I wouldn't try it if I were you. It's incredibly spicy and contains 96% alcohol :devil: .

70270.jpg

11 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That horrible mini-game :jaymon: . You could try what I did: offer this drink. Though I wouldn't try it if I were you. It's incredibly spicy and contains 96% alcohol :devil: .

70270.jpg

Have you been scumming Dragon's Breath from the Speilburg Tavern, Dragon-Archon? xD (Quest for Glory reference, great series but it could have been so much better. I completed the first three games in that series, tried the fourth, never got to the fifth. ;))

I got one for Team Jigsaw B)  Platted Danganronpa 2 last night.

I had a lot of fun with it, I think I'm one of the only crazy people who didn't mind Island Mode though, plus I seemed to have good luck with Magical Miracle Girl Monomi - I think altogether it took less than 3 hours to get all the item drops.  I have Ultra Despair Girls in my backlog, but need to buy Danganronpa 3 still so I can have the complete series.

Next up is Horizon Zero Dawn, but I'll probably play some of Hollow Knight first

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Inuty said:

@Mesopithecus

Nicely done! I got you updated!

No wait.... shouldn't that be your line? ;)

Danganronpa 2 is a great Game. Hope your up for part 3. They added even more mini games in this One :D

Thanks, you're so efficient at updating ;)

I've heard some of the minigames in 3 are pretty crazy too, still looking forward to it though.

• Like 1

I've got a new update for team Freddy :

1. Contrast 100%
2. Devil May Cry :platinum:

3. Deadlight Director's Cut

4. Axiom Verge :platinum:
5. Shadow of the Colossus :platinum:

6. The Town of Light

7. LocoRoco Remastered

8. Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy :platinum:

9. Machinarium 100%
10. Fez 100%

11. Wheels of Aurelia :platinum:

12. Dishonored : Death of the Outsider :platinum:

13. What Remains of Edith Finch

Fears vanquished : 9/13

• Like 1

So quick question for the Team Pinhead category game. So the description is a game that deal with Hell, puzzle boxes, and mutilation - what about a game with box puzzles that makes me feel like I'm in Hell and makes me want to mutilate something, namely my Vita? Because then I think Welcome Park is a perfect game. I feel silly because it really shouldn't be that difficult - I love puzzle games - but damn for some reason slide puzzles have always been my absolute bane. If a goof is not acceptable for that category I totally understand, but after dealing with that game which also by the way also completely messed up all of my milestones since it didn't record timestamps, I figured I might as well get something out of the deal ?

3 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

So quick question for the Team Pinhead category game. So the description is a game that deal with Hell, puzzle boxes, and mutilation - what about a game with box puzzles that makes me feel like I'm in Hell and makes me want to mutilate something, namely my Vita? Because then I think Welcome Park is a perfect game. I feel silly because it really shouldn't be that difficult - I love puzzle games - but damn for some reason slide puzzles have always been my absolute bane. If a goof is not acceptable for that category I totally understand, but after dealing with that game which also by the way also completely messed up all of my milestones since it didn't record timestamps, I figured I might as well get something out of the deal 1f605.png

I'd say it would definitely count.  I know what you mean about those slide puzzles, I played it on an old account and it was awful.  That sucks about the missing timestamps though, is it a new Vita?

Update for Team Jigsaw!

3. Kinemortophobia: Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones :platinum:

5. Monophobia: Planet of the Eyes

6. Dementophobia: Dying Reborn :platinum:

8 Decidophobia: Unmechanical Extended
9. Technophobia: Black the Fall
11. Metathesiophobia: AER

13. Phobophobia: Until Dawn :platinum:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'd say it would definitely count.  I know what you mean about those slide puzzles, I played it on an old account and it was awful.  That sucks about the missing timestamps though, is it a new Vita?

Hell yeah. (Get it, because Pinhead and Hell? Eh? Ehhh?) And I bought it used but it's one of those new-er models. It must have been because I wasn't connected to the internet, but I've never had any of my other games not record timestamps like that. Though I guess if I ever really get a wild hair about my milestones I guess I could always white list it or something. But for now, an update to add Welcome Park to my list for Phobophobia:

Spoiler

S58d403.png Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC (Kinemortophobia) 1f4af.png

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) :platinum:

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) 88%

Sfe0ebb.png Marvel's Spider-Man (Technophobia) 22%

S570e66.png Guacamelee 2 (Acrophobia) :platinum:

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) 1f4af.png

S2dcc25.png Welcome Park (Phobophobia/Team Pinhead) 57%

Trophies Earned since 9/1/2018: :bronze:58 :silver:18 :gold::platinum:2

• Like 1

Another update for Team Pinhead:
The Evil Within 2 has been platted! After having a blast Mike Tysoning most of the monsters to oblivion with single punches (with the brass knuckles I received after my Nightmare playthrough) on my second playthrough, I got down to the last trophy before attaining the plat - a difficulty-based trophy that requires you to beat the game on it's hardest difficulty, Classic, that includes allowing you only 7 saves (similar to Dead Space 2's 3 saves on it's Hardcore difficulty) and no upgrading whatsoever. During my Classic run, among the several deaths that I had, 4 of them wasted about 8-9 hours total of progress (somewhere between 2-3 hours of progress before each death), and yes, you can imagine how painful those deaths felt. One of these deaths include a moment where my stealth was compromised and I was on my way to a safe room that contained a save point. Running from a horde of monsters (with minimal stamina due to no upgrading that made escaping harder), when I finally reached the door to the safe room and opened it, one of those monsters clocked me from behind and that was the end of that run right there. While this game's predecessor's hardest difficulty include a mode where you die from one hit from any attack (which was also very challenging) but with numerous checkpoints, this one felt more punishing with each game over for the simple fact that you could lose large amounts of hours of progress. In the end, being triumphant over this challenge feels very satisfying and I'm glad to be a proud owner of this awesome game's rewarding platinum! :D

Now on to my next game, Superbeat: Xonic. I watched some of the gameplay on YouTube of some of the hardest missions and they look quite intimidating tbh...which will make attaining the plat all the more satisfying :) I just hope I can complete this in time within the event.

8. Late Shift :platinum:
9. Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remastered :platinum:
11. Superbeat Xonic
13. The Evil Within 2 :platinum:

Edited by Lum1nous1
  • Like 2