Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

1. Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. It's the reason for the season. Play a game that takes place during Halloween, or invokes the spirit of Halloween. Literally anything that reminds you of Halloween. This is your get creative category.

DooM and it's demons.

2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes - Creepy crawlie creatures slithering down your spine. Play something featuring these less than loved creatures.  

I don't think I have something for that.

3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead. Technically this is fear of Mobile Dead, which most people take as zombies. But really any undead is mobile. So play something with zombies, or ghosts, or vampires, or liches, or a Frankenstein. (Yes I know is technically Frankenstein's monster but I really like calling them "A Frankenstein.")

Zombies you say? I'll go with Call of Duty - Black Ops III to get full 100%.

4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dying. Not the fear of death but dying. So play a game trophy you get for not dying or a game where you'll die a bunch.

I suck at Souls games so I'll go with Lords of The Fallen.

5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone. Just me, myself and I. Play a game where you explore, travel, or survive with no other people around.

I'll go with Resident Evil.

6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity. The human mind is a tricky thing. It can only bend so far until it breaks. Play a game with a sanity mechanic, that deals with the concept of sanity, or takes place in an insane asylum.

Amnesia: The Collection then.

7. Chronophobia. Fear of time. The one thing every human wants more of but can never have. Play a game with a time altering mechanic, or a game with a speed run trophy.

TorqueL maybe? (finishing a route in 10 mins)

8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions. Its so hard to choose when so much is on the line. Play a game where you must make decisions that affect the story. This can be anything from a Telltale game or David Cage's style of decision based gameplay, or even something as simple as multiple endings. As long as you have a choice.

Until Dawn for sure.

9. Technophobia. Fear of technology - Computers and robots and cell phones oh my! Play a game wit a technological twist.

Destiny 2 is technological, right? 

10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Look, falling off a building would suck and that why I stay away from the second story railing at my local mall. Play a game that involves climbing or scaling bulidings or mountains or really anything with an altitude to it.

Just Cause 3 with it's Sky Fortress DLC.

11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change - We all fall into our habits and we don't stray that far out from them. Time to reach beyond your grasp. Play a game from a genre you usually stay away from or dont play that often. Shake it up.

Welp, I guess I'll go with MGS V because I never played it that much and never actually wanted to that much.

12. Gynophobia. Fear of women - Girls are gross and they have cooties. I am an actual real doctor and this is a medical fact. (I am actually a doctor) But it's time to face our fear of icky girls and play a game with a female main character.

Borderlands 2 and the Siren main character then.

13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself - So this one you won't be able to plan for until right before the event starts. Everyone is going to be placed into teams, much like the cabins in Camp Platapalooza. These teams will be "captained" by the great movie horror killers that instilled millions with fear, child and adult alike. Team sizes and ammount of teams will be based on number of participants but we're planning for about 6-9 different teams. For this special bonus category your job will be to play a game that invokes the spirit of your team captain or the movie franchise they come from. This is another chance to get creative and have some fun with it.

+ HARDCORE MODE

That's all for me!

Edited by HappyGuySmiley

I went through my backlog and found these games:

• Monophobia: Claire Extended
  • Dementophobia: Mind=0, I don't know if the game has anything to do with sanity, but the title does imply it :hmm: . If anyone could verify this (without posting spoilers) I'd appreciate it.
  • Phobophobia: Rogue Legacy, all of its trophies are related to a phobia, which seems very fitting.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I went through my backlog and found these games:

• Dementophobia: Mind=0, I don't know if the game has anything to do with sanity, but the title does imply it :hmm: . If anyone could verify this (without posting spoilers) I'd appreciate it.

Eh, more or less. There's a Persona-like thingie going on. Very confusing story imo, but it fits the category.

Btw I've never heard anyone saying "Mind Zero is/was a good game." If you haven't started it yet, maybe reconsider your choice-_-

• Like 1

Love the theme, I'm in.  I'll do the Hardcore, no changes allowed thing also.

1. Samhainophobia - A Hat In Time
4. Thanatophobia. 101 Ways to Die
5.  Monophobia. Obduction
8. Decidophobia. Game of Thrones
9. Technophobia. Black The Fall
12. Gynophobia. Lili Child of Geos
13. Phobophobia.- ???

Edited by willythom88
Formatting Issue
  • Like 1

Someone mention Mind Zero? The (grindy) game that obviously was planned to be part of a game series with an overarching plot? 

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Playing that one felt like my sanity was slowly slipping awwwBYE ٩( ᐛ )و 

In all seriousness, the (sub)plot - as well as its rather questionable execution - fits this category very well. 

Edited by Aze
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

• Phobophobia: Rogue Legacy, all of its trophies are related to a phobia, which seems very fitting.

So this category is actually based on the team you’ll eventually be put on. Now if you think the team you’re on fits your team theme once we assign them, then go ahead. But this category is kinda a mystery till we get closer to the event. Probably like two weeks out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

So this category is actually based on the team you’ll eventually be put on. Now if you think the team you’re on fits your team theme once we assign them, then go ahead. But this category is kinda a mystery till we get closer to the event. Probably like two weeks out.

Really like this event!  Good categories, nice to have a mystery and the HC is interesting too!

OK I´m in!! This is the first time that i´m going to participate in a psnp event, so...HYPE!

I´ll start with these games:

SOUND SHAPES: THANATOPHOBIA

WOLFENSTEIN - THE OLD BLOOD: KINEMORTOPHOBIA

WOLFENSTEIN - THE NEW ORDER: TECHNOFOBIA (I THINK)

YOOKA- LAYLEE: ACROPHOBIA

Might add more games later on, wish me luck hehe

Edited by fabiansc83

Hey, @Dragon-Archon, you can still use Rogue Legacy in this event, you can put it under Thanatophobia because dying is almost to avoid in that game! :)

I think I can come up with some games for this event. These are the games I know I will stick with because I've played two of them and gotten the platinum in them before. So yeah, sign me up for this event.

Kinemortophobia: Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart, because you have to deal with undead pirates!

Monophobia: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. While you do relive the events of the towns you wander around in, the entire place is completely devoid of life and you are the only living person in the area and you have to wander around the countryside alone. The events you relive show the 'people' as weird light entities that are faceless.

Gynophobia: Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends, because it's an Artifex Mundi title, and all Artifex titles which has point and click in them always feature you controlling a female main character. ^_^ (Also, it would give me an excuse to buy this game because I need to play all three Eventide games for my trophy cabinet.)

I might add more if I feel like I can complete them. These three games are very quick and easy to complete. Might switch out the Gynophobia to one of the other Eventide games, though. Yeah, I have gamophobia. xD

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 0:40 PM, Sardavanua said:

Eh, more or less. There's a Persona-like thingie going on. Very confusing story imo, but it fits the category.

Btw I've never heard anyone saying "Mind Zero is/was a good game." If you haven't started it yet, maybe reconsider your choice-_-

On 8/3/2018 at 6:14 PM, Aze said:

Someone mention Mind Zero? The (grindy) game that obviously was planned to be part of a game series with an overarching plot? 

Playing that one felt like my sanity was slowly slipping awwwBYE ٩( ᐛ )و 

In all seriousness, the (sub)plot - as well as its rather questionable execution - fits this category very well. 

Ok, thanks for the info. I already bought the game, so might as well check if I can finish it with some of the sanity remaining intact :awesome: .

On 8/3/2018 at 10:08 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Ah ok, in that case I'll keep it in the phobophobia category for now. If the teams are announced and it doesn't fit, I'll move it to another one.

So far my list. I will add or delete games in a new post with a mark for @DoctorDrPepper if I have time for some more categories or want to Change some games until the Event starts:

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. - ?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes - ?
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead. - ?
4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dying. - ?
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone. - ?.
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity. - Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time. - ?
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions. - ?
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology - Borderlands - The Pre Sequel
10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Yakuza Kiwami 2
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change - ?
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women - ?
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself - ?

• Like 1

Okay so I have decided on my selection of games to start off with. If I learned anything from the Summer Community Event it's not to bite off more than I can chew! If I finish these and the Phobophobia challenge, I'll add more all while also trying to keep myself to Gamophobia

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) 90%

The last trophy I need for the platinum is the trophy for dying less than five times through the course of the whole game, and appropriate enough for this event I hadn't even attempted it. I feared I wouldn't be successful. Fear of failure is atychiphobia, by the way.

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) 82%

Let's Get This Good Time Over With, beating the game in under an hour, is another atychiphobia-inducing trophy keeping me from the sweet, sweet platinum. 

S570e66.png Guacamelee! 2 (Acrophobia) 0%

Even though it doesn't come out until later this month, it's predecessor involved a lot of jumping, climbing, scaling, platform and flying through the air with the greatest of ease. I can't imagine that the sequel will be much different.

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) 57%

girl trying to find ANOTHER GIRL? 

Okay, time to join then. :D

I'm going for a minimal approach with 3 games for the start.

Kinemortophobia: Riddled Corpses EX

--> It's a side-scrolling twin-stick shooter where you have to fight your way through thousands of zombies, gargoyles, cerberus, and other haunting creatures

Dementophobia: Sundered

--> The game has a sanity system where you have to decide whether you use evil powers to corrupt your abilities or withstand them to gain other abilities

Chronophobia : Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

--> AFAIK this PoP-game has a mechanic to rewind time.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Once we get one more participant and get to an even 40, I think it’s time to split everyone up into the 8 teams so you can meet your team captains for category lucky 13.

Just a heads up, it looks like you have me on the list twice - the 11th spot and the 39th. Don't want someone to miss out because of me!