Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

I'd like to join please: 

1) Persona 5 (Game takes place over a year so you can play on Halloween. Not sure if there's an event for it on that day but it'll fit even better if there is) 

7) Steins;Gate (The entire game is about time travel) 

10) Spider-Man (First thing I'll be doing when I get the game is jumping off of the tallest building in NYC) 

I'll leave it at this for now, but if I manage to finish them all before the end date I have a few more in mind. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kent said:

I'd like to join please: 

1) Persona 5 (Game takes place over a year so you can play on Halloween. Not sure if there's an event for it on that day but it'll fit even better if there is) 

7) Steins;Gate (The entire game is about time travel) 

10) Spider-Man (First thing I'll be doing when I get the game is jumping off of the tallest building in NYC) 

I'll leave it at this for now, but if I manage to finish them all before the end date I have a few more in mind. 

Hey there, ill get you added, but I gotta say, Persona 5 doesnt really fit the first category at all. Theres no halloween event or even a reference. It does, however, fit so well for Decidophobia. Theres so many decisions for what to do each day that its perfect. I've got you down and added for Team Jason

1 hour ago, Zippyhammer said:

- Do we have like a discord server or something? I'm pretty new here and it'd be cool to talk to more people about the event.

Just thought I'd chime in on this one.  We don't have a discord server, usually the community event here brings together everyone for discussion on the event.  People come and talk about their progress, games they are playing and give each other moral support :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Hey there, ill get you added, but I gotta say, Persona 5 doesnt really fit the first category at all. Theres no halloween event or even a reference. It does, however, fit so well for Decidophobia. Theres so many decisions for what to do each day that its perfect. I've got you down and added for Team Jason

Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. It's the reason for the season. Play a game that takes place during Halloween (can play on Halloween one of the days) , or invokes the spirit of Halloween (When the characters go to the Metaverse they change into costumes, Persona's look they could be Halloween creatures, palaces are based on people's darkest and most disturbed desires). Literally anything that reminds you of Halloween. This is your get creative category. 

A ton of this game invokes the spirit of Halloween, like the description says you're supposed to get creative. It's not like I'm saying Burnout Paradise belongs in the spiders category. I was saving Decidophobia for when I complete these three.

• Like 1

Just now, Kent said:

Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. It's the reason for the season. Play a game that takes place during Halloween (can play on Halloween one of the days) , or invokes the spirit of Halloween (When the characters go to the Metaverse they change into costumes, Persona's look they could be Halloween creatures, palaces are based on people's darkest and most disturbed desires). Literally anything that reminds you of Halloween. This is your get creative category. 

A ton of this game invokes the spirit of Halloween, like the description says you're supposed to get creative. It's not like I'm saying Burnout Paradise belongs in the spiders category. I was saving Decidophobia for when I complete these three.

okay, change made

ok, thankyou so here I go with some games that I left behind.

1.- Kingdom Hearts (Halloween town anyone?) I got the collection, but played it so many times in the PS2 I couldn't drag myself to finish it on the ps4

2.- Uncharted 3 (is this the one with spiders or is it 2? if is it 2 I'd just switch them of place)

3.- Resident evil Remaster

4.- Resident evil revelations

5.- Claire

6.- The evil within

7.- Dead rising 2

8.- The Nonary games

9.- Megaman X legacy collection 2

10.- Uncharted 2 

11.- Lego Jurassic world (never played a lego game before, but bought it to play with my 8 year old bro)

12.- Beyong two souls (never played it, but I asume I play as a girl?)

13.- ???

Edited by Zippyhammer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

There was a Halloween event in Persona 4 Golden, but it was just a cutscene and you got some Halloween costumes for it.

Edited by DragonQuest238

1 hour ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Not long now. All the best to those participating, here's to a fun and productive couple of months.

Since the Fall Backlog challenge falls on the same start date, I am going to move most of the games on this list to October. With Dragon Quest XI coming out in four five days, I will probably be distracted by it. Oh, and Disgaea 1 Complete might derail my chances of completing this event too because it comes out on October 9. :P

I am so grateful Toys for Bob decided not to release Spyro until November. That's something to be thankful for. Otherwise I would have had to drop out of both of these events. xD (Note my laugh, I am being sarcastic about dropping out. I will try to complete this event.)

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot that August has 31 days. Duh! ?

Edited by DragonQuest238

2 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Getting geared up for the event!  Getting mentally ready to fly through these games.  Still trying to pick out a game for the Pinhead theme.....1f914.png

Want some suggestions?

Doom (hell)

The Evil Within (kinda hell and chain based weird torture vibes)

Resident Evil 4 (the regenerators got spikes sticking out of them like Pinhead's pin head)

Diablo 3 (both the hell theme and the puzzle box with the kanai cube)

Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell (more hell)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, xLetsP1ayGod said:

@DoctorDrPepper sorry for the very late change, but I'm going to change escape dead island to Guacamelee, if thats alright! Still before the event actually starts lmao

You're on one of my teams, but I'll change that for you.  Is it the original Guacamelee that you'll be playing or the new one that just came out?

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

Getting geared up for the event!  Getting mentally ready to fly through these games.  Still trying to pick out a game for the Pinhead theme.....?

Are you interested in stealth games? Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 both have torture scenes involving certain characters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Getting geared up for the event!  Getting mentally ready to fly through these games.  Still trying to pick out a game for the Pinhead theme.....1f914.png

The Room (what with the puzzle box and all)
Saints row: Gat out of Hell
Dead Space 1 or 2 (this is kind of pushing it, but since Bloodline is in Space, it's doable I'd think)
Any of the Saw games
Any Silent Hill game (themes of humans being mutated into horrible abominations, Hell, all that stuff)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lum1nous1 said:

Are you interested in stealth games? Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 both have torture scenes involving certain characters.

Didn't think of that.  I have both of those games, just haven't put any time into them.

36 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

The Room (what with the puzzle box and all)

The Room?  I'll have to look at that one, sounds intriguing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Didn't think of that.  I have both of those games, just haven't put any time into them.

They're both great games to get into. Not sure how much you're into the whole military/war/politics side of it, but there are some bad ass characters to like to go along with a deep story in both games. Controls may feel a bit outdated, but hopefully it shouldn't deter you from playing these great classics.

• Like 1