Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

2 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

@SyIaris The first Infamous, right?  Congrats!  Do you have plans for 2nd Son and First Light?

Yep! Fun game, even with the wonky controls. Planning to go through all of them eventually, though I'll go back for the second game before tackling the PS4 ones.

29 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Question to all, would fear mechanics work for the Sanity challenge? The Jack the Ripper DLC for AC:Syndicate is on sale and I'm tented to grab it.

I'd say it would work, also I believe there is an area of the Jack the Ripper DLC that is 100% relevant to the sanity challenge.  It's been a while since I played it though and I may be mistaken.

19 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Hmmmm....I just saw Little Nightmares on sale at the PS store and wonder if it would qualify for the Phobophobia theme for Team Pinhead?  (Really want to get this game :awesome:)

Go for it :D  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Finally beat Infamous, and does it ever feel good. Started it nearly two years ago and every time I tried to get back to it, someone would pop up within half an hour asking for multiplayer help/company. Luckily my shard chart was still around and mostly accurate, and my stunt list was... well, pretty off, but at least some were ruled out. Just need to grab a few kill trophies and clear the evil/hard run.  ^_^

So much suicide while trying to get the Splash And Crash and Air Sticky Bomb stunts...

Should hopefully get the platinum within the next couple days, then I'll probably work on AC3 so I'm not in the middle of a long game when Spider-Man comes out. Sounds like a ~30 hour plat, not bad...

@DoctorDrPepper Just to confirm - for gynophobia, do games with custom characters count, or are you after female-only protagonists?

Congratulations! Death Mode's certainly a pain in the neck.

I would say if the main character you're playing for the whole game is female, you're good. Like if you played all of Dark Souls as a woman or Fallout 4 as the mom, it counts. But something with multiple main characters doesn't count if theres a dude you're playing. Like any of the Borderlands games because you have to eventually use one of the men for the platinum.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

S24e39c.png

Gone Home (Gynophobia)

On the board for Team Pinhead! Glad I had an excuse to finish this out because otherwise I probably would have let this rot in my backlog for longer. Not a terrible game by any means, and certainly not terrible for all the reasons this game is known for (somehow being SJW propaganda blah blah blah), just not my jam really. And I really like walking simulators typically. It just doesn't invoke emotion the way Everybody's Gone to the Rapture or What Became of Edith Finch did. 

Spoiler

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) 90%

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) 82%

S570e66.png Guacamelee! 2 (Acrophobia) 34%

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) ?

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

:platinum:Samhainophobia: A Hat in Time :platinum:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/da48cc/trophies/1Lcef974.png

Popped my first plat for the event! I didn't expect my 30th plat to be this little game, yet here I am. I'm usually not one who plays a lot of 3D platformers or anything of that nature, but when I booted the game up I realized that I actually kinda missed games like this. The level design in A Hat in Time is excellent, every world is incredibly charming, and overall the game just brings them good vibes. (Which I needed in all honesty.) I gotta thank my friend for the recommendation, while this wasn't what I expected to be plat 30 I can't say I'm all that sore that it is in the end :D

We got this, Team Chucky~

Hide contents

1. A Hat in Time

2. Unravel

3. Resident Evil 4

4. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

5. Shadow of the Colossus

6. Amnesia Collection

7. Gone Home

8. Heavy Rain

9. 2064: Read Only Memories

10. Mirrors Edge Catalyst

11. LA Noire

12. Gravity Rush Remastered

13. Among the Sleep

My favorite game of the year, personally. That said, you have a ton of other really great games to play through. I'm jealous!

I'm playing Fear Effect Sedna for my first game in this event. I...don't really know where it's going to fit, but it has "fear" in the title... That's literally the only reason I bought it... The plot makes no sense to me. Something about fish guts and reindeer.

Is "fear of things that don't belong on a sandwich" a category?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I would say if the main character you're playing for the whole game is female, you're good. Like if you played all of Dark Souls as a woman or Fallout 4 as the mom, it counts. But something with multiple main characters doesn't count if theres a dude you're playing. Like any of the Borderlands games because you have to eventually use one of the men for the platinum.

That would be the type I had in mind, thanks! Trying to figure out some of my other categories.

Update :

Rocket League  :platinum:

Even platinum i still didn't get why this game is really popular, it played really bad for me, maybe it isn't my cup of tea. It was chore to get the plat for me while graphic and music is nice but the gameplay seems to be very hard to get used to. I fely suck while playing this game.

• Like 1

Ok, one more for Team Jaws with Black the Fall!!

Sdb7dfc.png

Didn't much care for this game until really late, and even then, not enough for me to recommend playing it to anyone.  However, it was super easy so I guess I can't complain too much.  Also, almost done with Lili: Child of Geos, and making some small, albeit fairly well paced, progress with Middle Earth.  Trying to pepper the really easy ones in amongst the longer or more challenging ones, but we'll see.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jens said:

You mean that place where you grab the "quest objective" at the end of the long twisting path and after you grab it they start chasing you?

I don't want to just say "gotta go fast", but that's probably the main thing. Other than that I did it on my first try and I just used the boost sporadically to get back to speed after turns and that worked out. Upgrading the cooldown timer on the boost and extending the duration of it probably helps a lot. It was close at one point on the lower straight path, but after gaining normal speed after said miniboosting I was staying ahead. At the end you hit the red switch and the annoying fishdudes swim into the electricity.

Thanks Jens!  I think my problem is I entered the area without getting all the boosts you can put on your sub.  I'll just restart the game and see what happens.  Probably one of the most enjoyable games out there!

• Like 2