Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

50 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I am, at least Half-Genie Hero is a great game (haven't played the other ones). It has become one of my favourite 2D platformers.

Send your support to Kickstarter, they made that game possible. ^_^ I will probably never do the DLC because less interesting to get 100% in record time than it is with the main game(I was spoiled with the Gemjug trick, I would have never picked up this game if it hadn't been for this trick).

I am working on the Platinum for LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4. I know I said Years 5-7 is part of the event I have this superstition that you have to platinum Years 1-4 because it would chronologically ruin the universe. xD Anyways, I am working on Years 5-7 too but I have at least a month and only three games left.

6 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Send your support to Kickstarter, they made that game possible. ^_^ I will probably never do the DLC because less interesting to get 100% in record time than it is with the main game(I was spoiled with the Gemjug trick, I would have never picked up this game if it hadn't been for this trick).

Yeah, once in a while kickstarted games actually turn out good :P .I just bought the regular version, as I rarely by DLC to begin with and this one ain't for me.

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I am, at least Half-Genie Hero is a great game (haven't played the other ones). It has become one of my favourite 2D platformers.

It's the best in the series, graphics-wise. I'll always be partial to Pirate's Curse, but I played through HGH (and the DLCs) twice, and it's one of my favorite 2D platformers too. I'd consider doing it again, if I ever got a Vita.

Anyway, I've been playing through Iron Crypitcle for about two hours now. In that time, I've earned about 500 trophies and realized that it works for either undead or creepy crawlies, since there's about a 50/50 split between them among enemies in the game. Since the undead category is much easier to fulfill, let's go ahead and slide Iron Crypitcle into Arachnophobia, etc.

While we're at it, you might as well plug in Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ as my Gynophobia game. I seriously have no idea what I'm getting myself into with this game, but it's considered otome (I had to look this word up) and has the words "bouquet" and "rainbow" in the title, so I'm sure to want to vomit.

If I start collecting porcelain dolls or rearranging furniture, feel free to slap me.

1Sd92892.png

Guacamelee 2 :platinum: Acrophobia

Awww hell yeahhhh. SO SATISFYING. I highly, highly recommend playing this game if you enjoyed the first one. It's so good it makes me want to play the Vita version of the game just so I can get another dose. It's kinda like when you're eating something that's delicious but it's so spicy, and it really hurts to eat but it's so tasty that you just can't help yourself from going back for more. But like I said before, don't do like I did - do it in two playthroughs. It'll just make your life a little easier ? Go Team Pinhead! Also, officially at 5000 trophies! I'm gonna go be a responsible adult celebrate my victory now!

Spoiler

S58d403.png Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC (Kinemortophobia) 72%

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) :platinum:

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) 82%

S570e66.png Guacamelee 2 (Acrophobia) :platinum:

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) ?

• Like 4

Team Cujo update.

Got the platinum for Infamous, and what a nice trophy image it is!

Didn't especially want to do a second playthrough right after the first, but oh well. Very much looking forward to playing through 2 sometime! Didn't have too much trouble with Hard mode, though the trash tower in general was evil. Final boss seemed to pick up a new trick, too, so that took some figuring out - 1-2 hits to kill you makes that fight a bit frustrating.

Would also like to add two games to my list:

5. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

13. Seasons After Fall

I wanted to stick Okami in #13, then I realized how many hours I was starting to stack up with the rest of the potential additions - getting a little crazy on possible time here.

Everyone's been making Rapture sound so good that I'm going to play it while half asleep with the flu. :lol:

Spoiler

Samhainophobia 1    
Arachnophobia 2 Marvel's Spider-Man :platinum:
Kinemortophobia 3    
Thanatophobia 4    
Monophobia 5 Everybody's Gone to the Rapture ---
Dementophobia 6    
Chronophobia 7    
Decidophobia 8 InFamous :platinum:
Technophobia 9 Horizon: Zero Dawn ---
Acrophobia 10 Assassin's Creed 3 (DLC) 81%
Metathesiophobia 11    
Gynophobia 12    
Phobophobia 13 Seasons After Fall ---

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

If I start collecting porcelain dolls or rearranging furniture, feel free to slap me.

You should consider reading the Midnight Louie books. Temple Bahr isn't your typical woman who rearranges furniture, she has a landlady to do that. ^_^

Anyways, speaking of Pirate's Curse, I need to work on that some more. I earned some more story trophies in LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 and unlocked Reducto but got bored after a while. (I blame Phil, I just finished another Fill-a-Pix picture and it took forever. :() Will post a proper update soon.

Edited by DragonQuest238

Small update for Team Pinhead:

My experience with The Evil Within 2 has been very pleasing so far. It still holds on to the creepy horror element that I liked so much from the first one. I'm currently playing on Nightmare difficulty and without a guide to get the best experience on my first playthrough. Still in the beginning though as I had just reached chapter 4 and so far there hasn't been any frustrating parts yet.

6 hours ago, Yen-Pop said:

1Sd92892.png

Guacamelee 2 :platinum: Acrophobia

Awww hell yeahhhh. SO SATISFYING. I highly, highly recommend playing this game if you enjoyed the first one. It's so good it makes me want to play the Vita version of the game just so I can get another dose. It's kinda like when you're eating something that's delicious but it's so spicy, and it really hurts to eat but it's so tasty that you just can't help yourself from going back for more. But like I said before, don't do like I did - do it in two playthroughs. It'll just make your life a little easier ? Go Team Pinhead! Also, officially at 5000 trophies! I'm gonna go be a responsible adult celebrate my victory now!

Hide contents

S58d403.png Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC (Kinemortophobia) 72%

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) :platinum:

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) 82%

S570e66.png Guacamelee 2 (Acrophobia) :platinum:

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) ?

Congrats on the great milestone! :yay: Hope you have a hell (Pinhead pun intended) of a good time celebrating. :D

• Like 2

team leatherface

another title completed :) 

Spoiler

1.  Costume Quest 2
2.  Demons Souls
3.   Resident Evil 0
4.  Alien Isolation
5.  Lone Survivor

7.  Life is Strange  :platinum:
8.  Life is Strange: Before the Storm
9.  R.U.S.E :platinum:

11. Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO :platinum:
12. Gynophobia - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
13. Phobophobia -

well i'll definitely say I've got Gynophobia covered with 5 games so far with a female protagonist, should probably go for Androphobia instead. ;) 

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

@Mesopithecus #Team Cujo

Finished Jotun with the platinum. I´m number 27 in EU to achieve the platinum. In my opinion it deserve a lot more Players because it´s a great and challenging game. Had a good time with it! Your Protagonist die in the beginning. But the death was not worthy of a warrior and you Need to prove to the gods that you earn a place in Valhalla. For this you Need to defeat all Jotuns in the game. The graphics are really beautiful. The challenges are to defeat all bosses without taking damage, without using god powers and beat them in valhalla mode which make all bosses a bit more difficult.

Everyone who wants a challenge should buy this game. It´s really worth it :) 

• Like 1

Update:

TEAM LEATHER FACE

Marvel's Spider-Man  :platinum:

The game is fun especially swinging is very well done. Combat is fun, i like it more than Batman. While the trophy isn't too bad but it just very annoying if you didn't follow the roadmap and end up in tight spot later. and the grind is real especially tons of collectible/crime event that overly spread through the game like Ubisoft open world game. Overall i have fun with this game regardless. It has solid story, playtime and great capture the view of Spider-Man and be Spider-Man. I think the game is solid 8/10 no more no less.

Fullblast :platinum:

Very easy platinum and little fun shooting game. The game clearly there for trophy hunter. even the trophy beat the game on final stage should be there but, nope, just 3 level is enough for platinum for some reason. I enter this and forget how nice Gold Trophy is (11 of them in list) I should reserve my Vita version next year for My Sony Reward trophy reward start to count those Gold Trophy again...

And... added a new game in my roster.

8. Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

Dammit. Screw it. I'm throwing in the white flag.

Code: Realize is TOO girly. I played it for an hour, and I just can't. Yes, it fits the theme perfectly -- and I love the steampunk London aesthetic -- but there's no way I'm getting through this virtual 50 Shades of Grey without some serious mental scarring. And I know I could get the platinum simply by spamming the X button or leaving the game on autoplay for a few hours, but I'd only be cheating myself. So, in the interest of maintaining my integrity, I am...throwing away the bonus badge.

Thankfully, this was only a rental.

*goes back to fucking up zombies and bugs in Iron Crypticle*

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Dammit. Screw it. I'm throwing in the white flag.

Code: Realize is TOO girly. I played it for an hour, and I just can't. Yes, it fits the theme perfectly -- and I love the steampunk London aesthetic -- but there's no way I'm getting through this virtual 50 Shades of Grey without some serious mental scarring. And I know I could get the platinum simply by spamming the X button or leaving the game on autoplay for a few hours, but I'd only be cheating myself. So, in the interest of maintaining my integrity, I am...throwing away the bonus badge.

Thankfully, this was only a rental.

*goes back to fucking up zombies and bugs in Iron Crypticle*

Hey, i been there before.  My solution is do this while you watch movie/netflix and just text skip all of those girly stuff.  You will get the plat after you finished some season of TV Show on Netflix :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FielVeredus said:

Hey, i been there before.  My solution is do this while you watch movie/netflix and just text skip all of those girly stuff.  You will get the plat after you finished some season of TV Show on Netflix :D

Very tempting. I might have considered it had I popped a trophy (or paid for the game), but I don't want to get into the habit of skipping games for platinums. Still, the thought of offsetting that game with something like a Sons of Anarchy marathon would've been fun...

That does mean I can clean up my list a little, though. Let's switch my games to this:

2. Arachnophobia - Iron Crypticle

5. Monophobia - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Complete

9. Technophobia - ICEY

11. Metathesiophobia - Fear Effect Sedna - Complete

12. Gynophobia - Lili: Child of Geos - Complete

13. Phobophobia - Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

I'll figure out the rest later.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

Sadly no new plat/100% to report but I made some progress at least:

Detroit: Become Human

--> finished my first playthrough on Tuesday. Overall it was a quite intense interactive adventure, with it probably being the one I enjoyed most so far (only others I played were the two Life is Strange, Back to the Future and The Wolf Among Us). Only thing I disliked is the fact that the game has a rather weak ending where I somehow miss an epilogue. It just felt too abrupt. 

Ray Gigant

--> Perfect game for the long work-related trip I had from Wednesday to Friday. Made some progress and I'm now in Nil's story-arc. It's much easier than Demon Gaze but it's also less enjoyable. Overall it just feels like only the last battle against the gigants in each story-arc are somehow challenging. What I also dislike is the horrible artstyle. The characters look rather flat as there are barely any gradients and shadows to see. The facial expressions also feel quite off.

Spider-Man

--> After having to wait for one whole week I was finally able to pick up my copy yesterday. Now I just have to finish any other game before I can focus on Spidey. :D I might either start Hard Mode for Guacamelee! 2 or continue to play Icey. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Ray Gigant

--> Perfect game for the long work-related trip I had from Wednesday to Friday. Made some progress and I'm now in Nil's story-arc. It's much easier than Demon Gaze but it's also less enjoyable. Overall it just feels like only the last battle against the gigants in each story-arc are somehow challenging. What I also dislike is the horrible artstyle. The characters look rather flat as there are barely any gradients and shadows to see. The facial expressions also feel quite off

I quite liked the art style overall, and liked the fact that it basically has no fan service. What I didn't like, is that the story basically starts over 3 times with different characters. Essentially having to level them up again. I know it's for a later plot development, but it just felt like they're recycling the game in the game itself. Then again, the only other dungeon crawler I played was Mnid Zero. Turns out it's not really my genre either way :P .

• Like 1

Oh boy, it's time for a big, big contribution to Team Leatherface!

Arachnophobia - Fear of Spiders - Darksiders [:platinum: # 65]

1Sceba85.png

Silitha... just get there, and she'll find you. The Broodmother is a collector of sorts. Most who enter her realm, she feeds to her young. Those she takes an interest in... ah, those are the unlucky ones...

Kinemortophobia - Fear of Undead - Murdered: Soul Suspect [:platinum: # 67]

1S120bf9.png

You are here to resolve something. You don't resolve it, you don't leave. Don't worry, that's pretty common.

Thanatophobia - Fear of Dying - Another World

9Se6b68a.png

-leech noises-

Decidophobia - Fear of Decisions - The Awakened Fate Ultimatum  [:platinum: # 64]

1S992fe2.png

It's your job as God to decide our fate...

Technophobia - Fear of Technology - Saints Row IV [:platinum: # 63]

1Sb808b0.png

There is no escape. The simulation will be reset. Resistance is futile.

Gynophobia - Fear of Women - Saints Row: Gat out of Hell [:devil: :platinum: # 66 :devil:]

1Se9ceee.png

Aside from the screams of tormented souls it's actually quite lovely here...

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NetEntity said:

Oh boy, it's time for a big, big contribution to Team Leatherface!

Arachnophobia - Fear of Spiders - Darksiders [:platinum: # 65]

1Sceba85.png

Silitha... just get there, and she'll find you. The Broodmother is a collector of sorts. Most who enter her realm, she feeds to her young. Those she takes an interest in... ah, those are the unlucky ones...

Kinemortophobia - Fear of Undead - Murdered: Soul Suspect [:platinum: # 67]

1S120bf9.png

You are here to resolve something. You don't resolve it, you don't leave. Don't worry, that's pretty common.

Thanatophobia - Fear of Dying - Another World

9Se6b68a.png

-leech noises-

Decidophobia - Fear of Decisions - The Awakened Fate Ultimatum  [:platinum: # 64]

1S992fe2.png

It's your job as God to decide our fate...

Technophobia - Fear of Technology - Saints Row IV [:platinum: # 63]

1Sb808b0.png

There is no escape. The simulation will be reset. Resistance is futile.

Gynophobia - Fear of Women - Saints Row: Gat out of Hell [:devil: :platinum: # 66 :devil:]

1Se9ceee.png

Aside from the screams of tormented souls it's actually quite lovely here...

I really love your descriptions, so I decided to make a blog post in one of my blogs with a similar format. Check it out! ^_^

Also had to look up an image of our team mascot and holy cow he is UUUUGLY. Never thought getting bitten by a rabid bat would do that to you. :P

Link to my platinum trophy event blog's Trophophobia post

Edited by DragonQuest238