Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

@Mesopithecus I would like to make two additions please to my list:

11. Metatesiophobia - Yomawari: Night Alone I don't think I've ever really played a game like this (according to what I've heard anyways) where there is no fighting or anything so that would be reaching a little out of my comfort zone. Apparently the town you are in changes completely as well so there is that fear of change as well. Let me know if you think this is not an appropriate title for this category.

12. Gynophobia - Yomawari: Midnight Shadows Main character is a little girl and I'd like to finish the whole series since I've heard great things.

Thanks!

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Briste said:

11. Metatesiophobia - Yomawari: Night Alone I don't think I've ever really played a game like this (according to what I've heard anyways) where there is no fighting or anything so that would be reaching a little out of my comfort zone. Apparently the town you are in changes completely as well so there is that fear of change as well. Let me know if you think this is not an appropriate title for this category.

12. Gynophobia - Yomaware: Midnight Shadows Main character is a little girl and I'd like to finish the whole series since I've heard great things.

Thanks!

Those games look pretty cool!  I'll have to take a look at them.

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

First real contribution of me towards Team Jigsaw: platted Valkyria Chronicles and reached 9,000 trophies in the process :dance: .

Congrats on the milestone :D

19 minutes ago, Briste said:

@Mesopithecus I would like to make two additions please to my list:

12. Gynophobia - Yomaware: Midnight Shadows Main character is a little girl and I'd like to finish the whole series since I've heard great things.

Thanks!

I'm excited to hear your thoughts on these.  I thought Night Alone was really good, I'm hoping that Midnight Shadows pops up somewhere in the Halloween sale so I can grab it up.

UPDATE ON TEAM FREDDY

I have platted Kingdom Hearts, and oh dear, that took so long. Took me 4 days of playing 12 hours each aproximatedly, platted it yesterday at 3am and went straight to bed.

Mistakes were made on the run, on the Proud run I picked the staff to see how different it would have been. when I was 30 hours in I learned that you learn Second Chance at level 90!!! compared to 50 and 55 of the other weapons, NEVER AGAIN

I didn't expect this game to consume 90% of my holidays 

• Like 2

Big update for Team Jason! 

1. Persona 5

2. Resident Evil 7 

4. Unravel :platinum:

5. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows :platinum:

6. Amnesia Collection 

7. Steins;Gate 

8. Heavy Rain

9. Mecho Tales :platinum:

10. Spider-Man :platinum:

11. Burnout Paradise Remastered 

12. Oxenfree 

13. Bioshock 

Finished Unravel, Yomawari and Spider-Man. Will go back to Persona 5 next.

Edited by Kent
  • Like 3

Sorry I have not posted this when I got the trophy but I was busy filing it and Word Search by POWGI in my cabinet. I'm sure POWGI is Cujo's half-cousin and just as rabid. :P

Anyways, I got on Cujo's good terms today by overcome the inevitable crushing despair that I won't be playing video games forever and I won't have my parents to take me grocery shopping in a few years or so. (Yeah, both of my parents are over 65 years old, but they have been working with lawyers to put a trust fund for me since I refuse to search for a job.) In other words, I overcame my fear of the end of my life by quoting Harry Potter: "I am about to die."

Okay, to be honest, what I mean is that I completed my Thanatophobia title by platinuming LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7. The reason I chose this is because of spoilers to the series that fit the theme. It doesn't fit the example in the OP but I played by the spirit of the theme. Also, I was afraid of death... of the game's save file because of crashing in the middle of a save, just like ICEY did. :( But no crashes and I finally got through! ^_^

So my list is now updated:

• Shantae and the Pirates Curse
  • Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones - Complete
  • Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Complete
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Complete
  • Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
  • Lost Grimoires 2: Shards of Mystery- Complete
  • Seasons After Fall - Complete

Almost done. All I have left are Into the Nexus and Pirate's Curse and I'll probably take these in small chunks since I am approaching my 60th platinum and I have six weeks to reach my goal. Now that I am done with the "easy" stuff, the home stretch is going to be a bit difficult. Shantae will be my worst enemy as trying to get 100% and beat the final boss in under two hours will require me to set some serious marathon time aside and I am already neglecting Dragon Quest XI and VII(for the 3DS which I bought with my grocery money so now I have to delay one of my grocery shopping trips to Wednesday so I can get my social security check to pay for the food since I will be under $50 by the time the last Monday before my check rolls around).

Now if you excuse me, I am going to boot up The Sims 4 and start a new legacy challenge and pretend that POWGI doesn't exist on my PS4 library.  xD

• Like 1

Update :

Linelight :platinum:

Finally, it's done! My brain hurt much playing this game and my reflect is put into test even I have the solution. The game itself if nice if you REALLY into puzzle game. If not, I can't recommend it as it is not easy platinum you are looking for...

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma :platinum:

Nice and quick platinum and enjoyable storyline. Can't complain at all. 

Add a game :)

6. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PS Vita)

• Like 2

I'm now facing my greatest fear yet: Acrophobia, in a little gem of a game called Celeste. The goal is literally to climb a mountain. Also, the main character is a girl, she's alone, she's insane, there are ghosts, and you'll die a hundred times on every level. In short, it fits just about every category in this event. Highly recommended if you're missing a spot.

ALSO THERE ARE STRAWBERRIES.

• Like 2

L3f3743.png

My first contribution toward, and game number nineteen, for Team Chucky. Loved the game far too much to let the monophobia get me down. Though now that I'm done with this, I'd also like to add Dead Space: Extraction to my phobia list for Kinemortophobia (3). Hence, this would be my list for now. Thanks!

Spoiler

3. Dead Space Extraction

5. Tomb Raider - Complete

9. Horizon Zero Dawn

12. Cosmic Star Heroine

• Like 3

S58d403.png

Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC 1f4af.png Kinemortophobia

Aw man, so, heads up to anyone looking to play any of the DLCs for AC Origins: there is a fully glitched trophy in Curse of the Pharaohs. Without spoiling anything, you have to clear five specific types of locations found scattered throughout the DLC and for a lot of people (including myself) nothing happens after you clear the fifth area. So I immediately start Googling and pouring over forums for a fix and pretty much the only thing you can do is do a New Game+, speed through the prologue and jump headlong into that map. Thankfully when I quit to main menu, that glorious ring sounded and my last trophy popped. But yeah, hunter beware! By the way Team Pinhead we are killin' it!

Spoiler

S58d403.png Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC (Kinemortophobia) 1f4af.png

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) :platinum:

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) 82%

S570e66.png Guacamelee 2 (Acrophobia) :platinum:

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) 1f4af.png

• Like 3

Update for Team Candyman.

I finished Goosebumps. I'm going to finish The Mummy Demastered next. My situation so far:

1.Goosebumps: The Game :platinum:                                

2. Marvel’s Spider-Man :platinum:

3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -Mirror of Fate       

4. The Mummy Demastered                               

5. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture                                               

6. Alice: Madness Returns                                  

7. God of War PS3                                               

8. Beyond Two Souls                                           

9.Chaos on Deponia :platinum:

10. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood :platinum:             

11. South Park: The Fractured But Whole                                              

12. Gone Home

13. Lollipop Chainsaw               

4/13 done                 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yen-Pop said:

S58d403.png

Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC 1f4af.png Kinemortophobia

Aw man, so, heads up to anyone looking to play any of the DLCs for AC Origins: there is a fully glitched trophy in Curse of the Pharaohs. Without spoiling anything, you have to clear five specific types of locations found scattered throughout the DLC and for a lot of people (including myself) nothing happens after you clear the fifth area. So I immediately start Googling and pouring over forums for a fix and pretty much the only thing you can do is do a New Game+, speed through the prologue and jump headlong into that map. Thankfully when I quit to main menu, that glorious ring sounded and my last trophy popped. But yeah, hunter beware! By the way Team Pinhead we are killin' it!

Nice to see that people like you are keeping tabs and informing us when a trophy is glitched. Not to stone companies to death like in the old days, but game companies are becoming more and more money-hungry and go for the time margin by half-@$$ing their games instead of making sure that their games register trophies when the proper rituals are done. Then again, my PS4 has a habit of being lazy when popping trophies from time and time and when the pop comes the image doesn't load so I get that nice nifty generic trophy icon instead of the proper one, so what can I say? Still, I hope this warning reaches people who are playing AC: Origins. Me, I've stopped caring about getting DLC trophies as I know they are totally optional. :)

4 hours ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

Am i the only one who is like damn people are finishing up their lists meanwhile you're only done with a game or two? No?Just me? 1f602.png

Sorry to quote this as well but, BlacknWhite098, don't worry about it. I may have only two games left but these games are the toughest son of a gun in the list. The others are swooning maidens who anyone with half a brain and a good guide can platinum in a day. :P

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Nice to see that people like you are keeping tabs and informing us when a trophy is glitched. Not to stone companies to death like in the old days, but game companies are becoming more and more money-hungry and go for the time margin by half-@$$ing their games instead of making sure that their games register trophies when the proper rituals are done. Then again, my PS4 has a habit of being lazy when popping trophies from time and time and when the pop comes the image doesn't load so I get that nice nifty generic trophy icon instead of the proper one, so what can I say? Still, I hope this warning reaches people who are playing AC: Origins. Me, I've stopped caring about getting DLC trophies as I know they are totally optional. :)

Hey, it's my pleasure! I certainly would have liked to know it was glitched before I spent time on trying to figure out what I had done wrong, you know? But I agree, it's too bad so many games and game expansions come out and are just glitchy messes. Thankfully it was just this one thing and, while not super convenient, at least there is some work-around!