Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

14 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Got the plat for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, which was... odd. Not really sure why it got so much praise when it came out.  :dunno:

Wouldn't call it bad overall, though the walking speed is miserable even if you "sprint". Unless you want to spend an eternity looking for a bunch of collectibles that have no indicator, follow a guide - you have no way of knowing how many you're at or if it actually counted until you're at the very end of the game, which makes Completionist a bit of a headache (the ones with specific trophies do pop before the point if no return if you earned them, at least). Still not actually sure where that one kilroy was, never managed to see the thing...

Kudos to those who played it blind. That had to be a lot of slow scouring / trial and error.

Yeah, definitely followed a guide for the collectibles. When I did this platinum a long time ago, I missed a book and map and had no idea where they were, even WITH following a guide!  :(

Someone has to come up with the collectible guide so someone has to play through a game blind to find out where all the stuff is, so yeah, whoever found all of the collectibles for this game first had to have the patience of a saint and the tongue of Satan. xD

Only 16 more mitama and 2 masks remaining until the Toukiden plat. Aiming to finally finish it this week.

17 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Does anyone have any fun Halloween stories they wish to share?  I once dressed up as Chucky for a work Halloween Event and freaked a lot of people out ^_^  With the mask, no one really knew it was me and because I'm quite short, it was pretty effective.

I once dressed up as a human on Halloween... then people asked why I wasn't wearing a costume :P .

13 hours ago, Briste said:

When I was in college, I used to wait tables and bartend. For Halloween one year at the restaurant I worked at, I dressed up as a waitress and I went the whole 9 yards. Shaved my chest, arms and legs, had my mother do my make-up, wore a Peggy Sue wig with a skirt and top, fake boobs...I'm 6 feet and was about 200 lbs at the time, so I wasn't the most petite of girls. What I learned is that...1) it is really hard being a girl...it took waaaaaay too long to get ready...my fake boobs kept getting in my way and my lower back was sore by the end of it. I also got more numbers/cat calls in my one day as a girl than the rest of my life as a guy. 2) Tips are waaaaaaay better when you're a girl :) Needless to say I haven't done it since due to all the work involved, but I did have a lot of fun.

LMAO, that's hilarious :lol: .

• Like 2

Happy October everyone ^_^  

@B1rvine I've got you added on to Team Chucky for the event.  

@DragonQuest238 I found out last year on Halloween that there are no kids around here, so I ended up eating all the candy myself ?

@Crimson Idol I didn't want to be too restrictive, especially as it's a fun event.  

@Dragon-Archon You're so close to the plat!  How many hours are you up to?

• Like 3

Yeah another game completed for Team Freddy  :yay:@DoctorDrPepper @Mesopithecus

I got the :platinum:LittleBigPlanet (PS3) and also ? % of trophies too :) ... doing the online progress was easy especially giving myself 10 hearts with alt accounts :D ... completing the dlcs was easy and the Metal Gear DLC is really cool since it uses the same graphics and has some stealth sections... Pirate of the Caribbeans wasn't as good (never reminded me of the first movie which i guess was the reference)... Acing the levels in the main game was easier than i thought but yes i used the controller off trick to make it easier... only for lv 24 of 26 i needed 2 hours instead of 10 min :S in this map pretty much all obstacles killed me instantly so no time to deactivate my controller... getting all remaining prize bubbles was a greater task though... even with a video guide i had to repeat any level 2-3 times until i found them all, sometimes i even had to redo sections for 2 players. Luckily never for 3 or 4 players... But worst of all was reaching the last key in one of the earlier levels so i could start the last score challenge i needed to ace.... i repeated that level 10 times until i got it (jumping of a skateboard on high speed wasn't easy :D)

And pls add :platinum: God of War Ascension for category 7 (Chronophobia) i unlocked that a few days ago and mentioned it once before :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 4

@DoctorDrPepper and @Mesopithecus

Another Update from Team Jason:

?????????

Yooka-Laylee (Acrophobia) 40-platinum.png

Last Day Of June (Phobophobia) 100% Completed

Deliriant (Monophobia) 100% Completed

Now playing: wrc 5

So far:

Spoiler
  1. SAMHAINOPHOBIA:
  2. ARACHNOPHOBIA, ETC: FULLBLAST :platinum:
  3. KINEMORTOPHOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN- THE OLD BLOOD :platinum:
  4. THANATOPHOBIA: SOUND SHAPES :platinum:+100%
  5. MONOPHOBIA: DELIRIANT 100%
  6. DEMENTOPHOBIA:
  7. CHRONOPHOBIA: SPY CHAMELEON
  8. DECIDOPHOBIA: UNDERTALE :platinum:
  9. TECHNOPHOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN- THE NEW ORDER :platinum:
  10. ACROPHOBIA: YOOKA-LAYLEE :platinum:
  11. METATHESIOPHOBIA: WRC 5
  12. GYNOPHOBIA: LIFE IS STRANGE- BEFORE THE STORM :platinum:
  13. PHOBOPHOBIA: LAST DAY OF JUNE 100%

Go Team Jason!!! yyyaaaaayyyy ?

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

I just want to make a huge thank you post to @Mesopithecus for making sure that this thread is updated every single day. I seriously don’t think she’s missed a single day of updating, and I think that should be recognized cause she’s been doing an amazing job. :D

I definitely agree!  Feels like the event is very active and fast response time.  My kind of event!

• Like 1

Had 2 days off work and no obligations so managed to make some good progress on FFX. Got both annoying Chocobo trophies out of the way, got all aeons, captured 10 of every monster in 5 areas, everyone's celestial weapons except khimari and wakka, still need to power up lulu's and auron's though. I think i'll get lightning dancer out of the way and then play some blitzball after work tomorrow.

• Like 2

:platinum: Chronophobia: The Sexy Brutale :platinum:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/be53a5/trophies/1L53c5ab.png

Well, I had a friend tell me that this is right up my alley, and he sure was right. The Sexy Brutale is a puzzle game that sort of reminds me of Majora's Mask: you are in a day that repeats over and over, and you are in a mansion where all of the guests are murdered over and over again. It's your job to try and stop them, and maybe find a way to stop the day from repeating over and over again. There's a slight twist though, as you can't be in the same room as any of the guests, so you have to do it from the shadows. The game is rather dark at quite a few points, but it's really delightfully creepy and definitely worth a look! (Also the plat is pretty easy to go for, so that's a bonus~)

Finally back to making progress for Team Chucky~

Spoiler

1. A Hat in Time

2. Unravel

3. Resident Evil 4

4. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

5. Shadow of the Colossus

6. Amnesia Collection

7. The Sexy Brutale

8. Heavy Rain

9. 2064: Read Only Memories

10. Mirrors Edge Catalyst

11. LA Noire

12. Gravity Rush Remastered

13. Psychonauts

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

A Hat in Time

Care to PM me a link to a good walkthrough to getting the rest of the Alpine Skyline Time Pieces, ShakeNBake? I just need to 100% that area but the speedruns I've referenced never go there. Also need to get 20000 points for the Battle of the Birds trophy. Those are the only two parts of the game I need to complete for all of the time pieces. Oh and that stupid Perfect Parade trophy. Excuse my bad French but FUCK THAT TROPHY. ?

2 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Care to PM me a link to a good walkthrough to getting the rest of the Alpine Skyline Time Pieces, ShakeNBake? I just need to 100% that area but the speedruns I've referenced never go there. Also need to get 20000 points for the Battle of the Birds trophy. Those are the only two parts of the game I need to complete for all of the time pieces. Oh and that stupid Perfect Parade trophy. Excuse my bad French but FUCK THAT TROPHY. 1f621.png

I mean, I would, but I didn't use a walkthrough... Maybe try a YouTube normal run instead of a speedrun? As for Battle of the Birds, you can still get the time pieces without doing 20,000. You can just go back to earlier stages after beating the boss.

Team Pinhead update!

I haven't platinumed Senran Kagura Estival Versus nor Sly 3, but I am close to. For SK I just need to grind to unlock the creative finishers I just need in order to buy them and get the OCD trophy. As for Sly 3, I'm at the "Dead Men Tell No Tales" chapter and at the same time, I've been attempting some Master Thief Challenges.

I would like to add for the Chronophobia category, Gravel. It is a racing game and I don't really know which category it fits the most. It could fit Acophobia, but I already have a Naruto game on that category. Still, this racing game has some time attack challenges you have to complete in order to get all the campaign stars and respective trophies. I've been playing this game on the PS4 when I'm not with the Vita and the estimated time to platinum is quite short.

• Like 2

Update: With October finally here, I fired up Costume Quest 2 yesterday and just finished it. And that completes my list. :dance: Didn't know it was so short, but I only paid 99 cents for it years ago, so eh. Felt kind of dumb, playing the entire game with a useless party member.. Didn't really make it hard, just made battles take longer. Other than that, it was a pretty fun RPG.

• Like 2

Oh my god. Why did I pick games that take SO LOOONG TO PLAT

AAAAAAAAAAAAH

But I'm Ready with Resident Evil Revelations. I didn't know I was signing up for another 50+ hours platinum

probably the hardest platinum on my list so far as well

I believe this is my 6th plat for Team Fredy :) 

• Like 1

@Deadpool--Rik You have made incredible progress on FFX, you'll have the platinum in no time!  I think I had reached the Calm Lands on my save and left off there, putting off those chocobo minigames for as long as possible.

@Zippyhammer Congrats on the plat :D  You're doing great on your list and you have a nice balance of games for the rest of your list

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HappyGuySmiley said:

@Mesopithecus

I have a question, as Bo3's 100% is unobtainable due to one of the DLCs crashing on the ending cutscene, will it still count as finished if I get everything but one trophy?

Yea I would count it for sure, I've made a note next to it on the spreadsheet but just remind me again when you've finished everything else.  Sucks about the unobtainable though, I hope it does eventually get patched.

Conquered my Thanatophobia by completing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered for Team Jaws! That was an accurate game for this fear... I died soooooooo much on Crushing, it was starting to Crush my soul. I'll go back for Brutal eventually, but right now I just need to move on to some of my other games. Mafia 3 really slowed me down in September, and it wasn't even on this list! By my estimates I have 3 days to complete each game, and it only took 2 for Uncharted so I'm kind of ahead, but Batman and Watch_Dogs are really worrying me. I doubt most of them will take me longer than a day or two, since I've already beaten AC Revelations and only have a few Hunters/Monsters left for Evolve, but those last two... oof. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

And as always, updated chart:

4zmMOYc.png

• Like 3