Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

On 10/7/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mesopithecus said:

I'm disappointed that Phil didn't make it into the Thanatophobia category :giggle: 

I also considered Chronophobia, since the whole game was the BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME EVER. But I wanted to keep Thanatophobia open, just in case I finish Valkyria Chronicles 4 by the end of the month...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Got the Plat of Rise of the Tomb Raider for Team Cujo... Nice game, but got tired of all that score attacks >_<...

Question, I see that some people use DLC's as games to complete for this event, since I got the plat of Rise of the Tomb Raider and now I want to complete the DLC's so can I use the Endurance DLC for the 5th category and the Baba Yaga DLC for the first category (For me a witch is the symbol of halloween XD)?

Thanks!

I'm inclined to say no to this one, just because it's splitting one game across multiple categories.  With the people who have used DLC, they had already completed the main game prior to the event and just put the DLC on one category.

You have completed enough games though during the event for the badge,so you don't have to worry about putting extras in.

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus and @DoctorDrPepper

Update from Team Jason:

??????????

:platinum: WRC 5 (Methatesiophobia) it´s done! 

So far:

Spoiler
  1. SAMHAINOPHOBIA:
  2. ARACHNOPHOBIA, ETC: FULLBLAST :platinum:
  3. KINEMORTOPHOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN- THE OLD BLOOD :platinum:
  4. THANATOPHOBIA: SOUND SHAPES :platinum:+100%
  5. MONOPHOBIA: DELIRIANT 100%
  6. DEMENTOPHOBIA:
  7. CHRONOPHOBIA: SPY CHAMELEON
  8. DECIDOPHOBIA: UNDERTALE :platinum:
  9. TECHNOPHOBIA: WOLFENSTEIN- THE NEW ORDER :platinum:
  10. ACROPHOBIA: YOOKA-LAYLEE :platinum:
  11. METATHESIOPHOBIA: WRC 5 :platinum:
  12. GYNOPHOBIA: LIFE IS STRANGE- BEFORE THE STORM :platinum:
  13. PHOBOPHOBIA: LAST DAY OF JUNE 100%

Currently playing: Spy Chameleon (Chronophobia) - Surprisingly fun game, Definitely not an easy platinum.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Good luck with that.

I was also quite surprised how tough some of the time challenges in this game are and I haven't even tried yet for the 18 minutes total. ?

God I have no hope for that game. I like the concept but I just can't get the timing for it down. I beat all the levels and just need the challenges but I may have to give up on this one ?

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'm inclined to say no to this one, just because it's splitting one game across multiple categories.  With the people who have used DLC, they had already completed the main game prior to the event and just put the DLC on one category.

You have completed enough games though during the event for the badge,so you don't have to worry about putting extras in.

I see, thanks!

Nearing the end of Code: Realize. Well, it turned out more bearable than I was expecting. Better then Amnesia, although being better than Amnesia isn't that big of a feat, now that I think about it...

Good:

- the protagonist isn't completely brainless;

- lower concentration of psychos within romance options, this time we have actual people;

- has a few memorable scenes/characters, and even an entire route that I actually liked, although probably not for the reasons the game wanted me to;

Bad:

- the writing seesaws between actually good and romance pulp sleep/cringe-inducing;

- typos strike back, especially during the last route, haven't made it all the way through yet, but expect them to increase in number;

- the protagonist transforms back into a helpless brainlet when plot demands so, which makes her frustratingly uneven in some spots, especially since the game goes to great lengths to make her competent (whether it believably succeeds or not varies from route to route);

Almost there...

• Like 1

Since it turns out I'm unexpectedly and last minute traveling to BFE Arizona for a funeral, I'll be adding Assassin's Creed III Liberation to my list for Team Pinhead under the Monopobia category since, as an assassin, you work largely... alone. Dramatic music cue! Also because I'll likely be in a place with no internet and I'll really only be able to have my phone and my Vita with me for the full week I'll be there. So there's that also.

6/8 categories successfully completed! Pretty jazzed with the progress I've made in my backlog this time around! 

Spoiler

S58d403.png Assassin's Creed: Origins DLC (Kinemortophobia) 1f4af.png

Sb19caa.png Typoman: Revised (Thanatophobia) :platinum:

Sf3c83a.png Assassin's Creed III Liberation (Monophobia) 0%

S9aaf2a.png Broken Age (Chronophobia) :platinum:

Sfe0ebb.png Marvel's Spider-Man (Technophobia) :platinum:

S570e66.png Guacamelee 2 (Acrophobia) :platinum:

S24e39c.png Gone Home (Gynophobia) 1f4af.png

S2dcc25.png Welcome Park (Phobophobia/Team Pinhead) 63%

Trophies Earned since 9/1/2018: :bronze:81 :silver:30 :gold:11 :platinum:4

• Like 1

After way, way, WAY more grinding than I thought it was going to be, mark me down for completing Evolve for Team Jaws. I had never played a 4v1 before this, and I can't say I'm really disappointed with the experience anyway. The game got a bad rap, and it's closed now, but it was pretty fun for what it was. I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone for it and picked it up when I heard the servers were closing. Solid experience, though I'd rather not do it again.

I'll update the graphic on here this time, since I'm damn proud of getting that done. 

uCsJgQd.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

God I have no hope for that game. I like the concept but I just can't get the timing for it down. I beat all the levels and just need the challenges but I may have to give up on this one 1f61e.png

Do you play it on the Vita or the PS4? I did my initial playthrough on the Vita but afterwards I decided to play it on the PS4 instead as the quicker loading times help to keep the pace for me. And some of the challenges, like this one here are a bit easier with the bigger analog sticks:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5048-spy-chameleon/28-no-changes-ii

On Vita I had several attempts (somewhere between 10 and 20) just for the last part and never made it. On the PS4 I got within a few tries (less than 5 in total) as it's way easier to walk through the narrow passages and overall it feels like the controls are more responsive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Do you play it on the Vita or the PS4? I did my initial playthrough on the Vita but afterwards I decided to play it on the PS4 instead as the quicker loading times help to keep the pace for me. And some of the challenges, like this one here are a bit easier with the bigger analog sticks:

On Vita I had several attempts (somewhere between 10 and 20) just for the last part and never made it. On the PS4 I got within a few tries (less than 5 in total) as it's way easier to walk through the narrow passages and overall it feels like the controls are more responsive.

I agree with you on this, I did most of my initial playthrough on the Vita but swapped over to the PS4 later and had a much easier time.  I think a couple of the levels are designed differently too between the Vita and the PS4.

Forgot to give an update and it looks like someone already noted it on the first page, but for the sake of completion:

3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead.

God of War (2018) (COMPLETED)

10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights.

Marvel's Spider-Man (COMPLETED)

Plus, I'm adding this one to my list:

11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS4) - I'm straight up scared of fighting games and the insane mechanics needed to play them well, so I never play them, much less try to plat them. Seemed appropriate for the "Fear of change" trophy!

• Like 3

@DoctorDrPepper and @Mesopithecus

spy chameleon it´s almost done (just two levels left) and i want to add my last two games for the event, but i don´t know if The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 qualifies for Samhainophobia. 

Spoiler

If that´s the case, can you please add it to my list?

Want to add The town of Light (Dementophobia) too. thanks ;)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I've tried both and I do think the PS4 is better in terms of the controls being tighter, but I do like the vita as I played the whole game on it. Ill probably give it another chance and put in the time to actually learn the levels but I am taking an extended break from it right now.

• Like 1

Bonus segment - The true madness

Ld5286d.png

Well, the DLC wasn't as good as the main game. It starts out really good, but the crayon world section killed it for me. It felt out of place and was just annoying to go through. This one also requires 3 playthroughs for all the endings and also has a bunch of collectibles. I ended up not being able to get the trophy for finding all notes. Used 2 different video guides during the 2 "good ending" runs , which supposedly showed all notes and got nothing. Did an extra speed run through the game just to find the 12 notes, using a text guide and checklist. Checked off the 12 notes and still no trophy. At this point, I'm more than done with this DLC.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2018 at 2:43 PM, Ronin893 said:

Sign me up

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween

- ?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes 

- Metro Last Light (Ranger mode)
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead

- ?
4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dying

- ?
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone

- Yomawari: Night Alone
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity.

- ?
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time.

- ?
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions

- ?
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology

- ?
10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Spiderman PS4
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change

- Salt & Sanctuary... souls type game 
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women - Lollipop Chainsaw 
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself

Completed 

5.  Yomawari 

12. Lollipop chainsaw 

10. Spiderman 

...so far

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

spy chameleon it´s almost done (just two levels left) and i want to add my last two games for the event, but i don´t know if The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 qualifies for Samhainophobia. 

Reveal hidden contents

I've added Book of Unwritten Tales 2 onto the spreadsheet.  Good luck with the games, you've nearly done your whole list :yay:

• Like 1

2nd :platinum: update for Team Jigsaw

Phobophobia - Fear of fear itself - Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk

1La12eae.png

Grand Finale
Obtained all trophies in Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk.

I think I now got a fear of debuff moves straight out of Criminal Girls (has the chance to hit you with every negative status) 8Oe0475.gif

• Like 3

19 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Congrats on the progress for Spy Chameleon.  I hated that game!

• Like 1