Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

Sign me up

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween

- Costume Quest 2?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes 

- Metro Last Light (Ranger mode)
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead

The Walking Dead A New Frontier. 

4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dying

- ?
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone

- Yomawari: Night Alone:platinum:
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity.

- ?
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time.

- ?
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions

-  A life is strange before the storm:platinum:
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology

- Detroit Become Human 
10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights

Spiderman PS4:platinum:
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change

- Salt & Sanctuary... souls type game 
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women

Lollipop Chainsaw:platinum:
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself

- Crash Bandicoot 

Edited by Ronin893
Adding to my list & showing completions
  • Like 1

Just in case if there are still spots, I'll leave the preliminary here.

SamhainophobiaCostume Quest 2 (Takes place during Halloween, trick or treating, costumes and sweets included)

Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Darksiders (Has spiders. Lots of spiders. A whole underground, web-draped cavern full of spiders with a giant spider queen inside.)

KinemortophobiaMurdered: Soul Suspect (Spooky and not so-spooky ghosts doing ghost things)

Thanatophobia - Another World (There is a trophy for dying lots. One is expected to die a bunch in an old game like this one.)

Decidophobia – The Awakening Fate Ultimatum (Making decisions is both a gameplay mechanic and a driving force behind the plot)

Technophobia – Saints Row IV (Murderbots, check. Alien technology, check. Plot tropes straight out of The Matrix, check. A city-scale VR-simulation, check...)

I would put the original Ni no Kuni down as another entry as Thanatophobia(Oliver's mother dies and he's trying to revive her), now that I finally have it(spent over $100 to get a new PS3 and $21.64 for the game) but considering how BS some of the trophies are and how looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong they are said to take, I might not be able to finish it in time unless I start playing now and since I put the sequel down for the PSNP Spelling Bee, and I won't start that until the event starts, I'll be pouring all of my energy into THAT to get it down. Add in Dragon Quest XI and Spyro's return, and I don't know if I can finish Wrath of the White Witch in time. :(

EDIT: *checks again* Oh wait, it's two months for the events since the end date is All Hallow's Eve. Even then, I have no idea if I can finish it. Especially since it's taking so flippin' long to download from PSN. :|

Edited by DragonQuest238

Assuming there is no limit, I'll sign up with the following games:

3 - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed [PS3]

8 - Muv-Luv Alternative

9 - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory

10 - Gravity Rush 2

12 - Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland

Five should be enough, though I have more that can fill other categories if needed (not including category 13 yet of course).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

Assuming there is no limit, I'll sign up with the following games:

3 - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed [PS3]

8 - Muv-Luv Alternative

9 - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory

10 - Gravity Rush 2

12 - Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland

Five should be enough, though I have more that can fill other categories if needed (not including category 13 yet of course).

What categories are you putting those games in? Or is this Guess the Category? I am guessing Atelier Rorona Plus is going to represent Gynophobia(since the main character is female) but Gravity Rush 2 could fill that too since you play as a woman called Kate. Hacker's Memory must be Technophobia. Akiba's Trip is Kinemortophobia since you fight vampires, right? But where does Muv-Luv Alternative fit in?

Edited by DragonQuest238

Great idea, assuming there's space I'll leave my list here.

2. Arachnophobia - Metro: Last Light (PS4) - Enemy type called a Spiderbug.  

3. Kinemortophobia - Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4) - "Brave undead, you have proven yourself to me. Now be one with the dark."

4. Thanatophobia - Nioh - Death is a part of the learning curve.

6. Dementophobia - Dead Space - "The Marker bred insanity, murder and chaos. It bred necromorphs."

8. Decidophobia - Heavy Rain (PS3) - Never played a Quantic Dream game but apparently they're all about the decisions.

12. Gynophobia - Final Fantasy X-2  (PS3) - Not just one girl but three! Estrogen up the ying-yang.

13. Phobophobia - Y's VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - One of the key plot points is the meaning behind the protagonist's dreams.

Locked in.

Edited by paranoia_agent85
Finalised my list.

Sign me up please!

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween

- Costume Quest 2
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes 

- ?
3.  Kinemortophobia - Fear of the undead

- Brütal Legend
4. Thanatophobia Fear of dying

- ?
5.  Monophobia - Fear of being alone

- ?
6.  Dementophobia - Fear of insanity

- ?
7. Chronophobia Fear of time

- ?
8. Decidophobia - Fear of decisions

- Until Dawn
9. Technophobia Fear of technology

- ?
10. Acrophobia Fear of heights

- ?
11. Metathesiophobia - Fear of change

- ?
12. Gynophobia - Fear of women

- ? 
13. Phobophobia - Fear of fear itself

- ?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I may be mistaken on this, but I don't think we had any limitations on sign ups.  As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier :)

I think people are confused because @DoctorDrPepper said once it hit 40 people, they will be splitting people up into teams so it sounded like that was a cap? But they also said that when the thread was at 39 participants, so we probably just misunderstood. 

On 8/8/2018 at 3:58 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Once we get one more participant and get to an even 40, I think it’s time to split everyone up into the 8 teams so you can meet your team captains for category lucky 13.

Anyway, as long as there's isn't a cap, here's my list:

Kinemortophobia: Daylight: I bought this game a long time ago because I wanted to try horror games but I never got around to it. It's rather short so it seemed like a good way to get introduced into the genre. Pacman use to make me anxious while playing it, so I have no idea how I'll fare playing a game that's meant to make someone a bit uncomfortable. I think the game has zombies in it? I also think it might have a cell phone, so maybe I should stick it in Technophobia...

Dementophobia: Amnesia: I hated Anna which is supposed to be based off this game's mechanics- so I figured I might as well see if I hate the mechanics or if I just hate Anna because it's a glitchy mess :P 

Chronophobia: Catlateral Damage: I'm never going to get that speed run trophy if I don't commit to it somewhere. This game also has some fun Halloween levels in it.  

Hey I’ve been out of town for the weekend.

theres no cap, it’s just at 40 we can start splitting into teams evenly and people can plan for their thirteenth category.

However I’m tired as hell from driving all day so look for this sometime tomorrow or Tuesday. I’m going to bed, forever.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm signing up for this one.

For now, I will go for the following 3 categories:

Thanatophobia - Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. Why? There is a perma-death system on the game. If one of your units falls to the ground and gets captured or doesn't get saved in time, that character is gone for good (except for the protagonists). For my current second playthrough I need all the characters to end the story alive. So letting one character die is a no-no.

Decidophobia - Heavy Rain Why? Kinda obvious...

Gynophobia - Senran Kagura Estival Versus Why? All playable characters are girls!!!

• Like 1

Alright, I am still working on my list, but here's what I got so far.

1. Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween - A Hat in Time, since each of the hats are kind of like a costume. Also I need an excuse to finally give it a shot~
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes - ???.  
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead – I'm pretty unsure here, but I'm thinking a Resident Evil. I have plenty of them as it is.
4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dying – Yomawari: Midnight Shadows. The game seems to have a trophy for dying a number of times, so I think this works :P
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone – Shadow of the Colossus. All you have for the majority of the game is your horse.
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity - Amnesia Collection, since the insanity feature is like... A defining part of the game.
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time – Gone Home has a speedrun trophy.
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions - I'm torn between Heavy Rain, Detroit or Beyond. If I don't finish up Heavy Rain before the event starts then it'll probably be that, but if so I'll go with one of the other two.
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology – 2064: Read Only Memories. A point-and-click game set in the future, and you have a robot companion. It looks really cute~
10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, should be obvious why if you know anything about the game
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change – LA Noire. I don't really play too many open world games, but this one always interested me.
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women – Gravity Rush Remastered. Kat seems like a cool lady~

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 1

UPDATE:

So we are gonna start splitting everyone up into their groups, this does not mean sign ups are closed, we just wanna do this now to make it easier later and to let you plan for your thirteenth category if you wanna go for it. This is gonna take some time, so stay tuned.

if you're tagged in the first four teams do me a favor and send me your list in a dm for now. If you weren't tagged in the first post Meso is sorting you and please wait for instructions on how Meso wants to do it.

Thanks

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 3

Never done one of these events, and this one sounds fun, so I'll play.

3. Kinemortophobia - Vampyr, makes sense, right?

7. Chronophobia - The Sexy Brutale, being stuck in a time-loop.

8. Decidophobia - Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, many different endings.

9. Technophobia - Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner, Dingo being linked to Jehuty to stay alive,

10. Acrophobia - Spider-Man PS4, we don't have the trophy list yet, but I feel like it just works too well.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 1