Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

To everyone in the event I want to apologize. I fucked up. This event was basically all @Mesopithecus I didn’t realize what running one entitled and I dropped the ball hard.

this wasn’t my event, this was Meso’s made harder by me sucking at it. Probably gonna disappear from here for a while.

I truly am sorry.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

To everyone in the event I want to apologize. I fucked up. This event was basically all @Mesopithecus I didn’t realize what running one entitled and I dropped the ball hard.

this wasn’t my event, this was Meso’s made harder by me sucking at it. Probably gonna disappear from here for a while.

I truly am sorry.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you both did great work over this event. Running an event is a big undertaking. What you did though, is pick up the ball that was dropped before it got lost. The seasonal events are a big draw and it would be shame to see them go away. Now you know for next time, what ways things can be better. Everyone had fun, and that is what matters. Life happens, and most people are willing to understand that. People have lives and jobs and other responsibilities. So please don't think you have to go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Are the badges more generic then? Like, you don't get anything special for completing all 13 games? Nothing wrong with that, just wanted to see.

There are two badges - the orange one is for completing the event with the minimum amount of games, and the platinum one with chains is for completing the event without changing any games.  

Obviously I appreciate any constructive feedback as it only helps improve on future events ^_^  From a personal note, I'm not sure how well the "not changing games" aspect worked and it would definitely be something to reconsider for a future event.

We still have 9/10 days left of the event so I would like to finish on a positive note - I know I'm still working on my game selection and I plan on finding something spooky to play on Halloween itself :D

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

There are two badges - the orange one is for completing the event with the minimum amount of games, and the platinum one with chains is for completing the event without changing any games.  

And here I thought it was the other way round (but that's because I mistook the platinum color for silver) ?

28 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

We still have 9/10 days left of the event so I would like to finish on a positive note - I know I'm still working on my game selection and I plan on finding something spooky to play on Halloween itself :D

Go Team Jigsaw! :dance: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

The seasonal events are a big draw and it would be shame to see them go away.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

People have lives and jobs and other responsibilities.

Not so me. Yeah, I have no life outside of games and leaving the house for church, gym and grocery shopping and some medical expenses. (Gonna go see a dietician this Friday to see if I can fix my gamer diet.) xD So if nobody minds, I will gladly pick up the ball and work on a Christmas-themed event. I was thinking of an event similar to the summer camp event that happened a few months ago with games based on various holiday themes.

Don't beat yourself up, DoctorDrPepper(by the way, I love the handle, as I drink Dr. Pepper One all the time ^_^), you started the ball rolling and then had to leave. You should thank Meso for helping pick up the event when you couldn't continue. I'm sure if I started an event and had to, say, send my computer in for a week of repair(my computer has been crashing and freezing a lot lately), then I know someone will pick up the pieces. This has been a great event and I enjoyed it. I even made a video showing off my games which I might upload to my Youtube page. ;)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I truly am sorry.

STOP!!  It was your idea (an excellent one at that) with all the categories.  And, it was probably the best event of the year.  I am in awe on what you set up and accomplished.  I just hope in the future there is another event!  If so, I will be the first to sign up.  

It takes a team to run an event as smoothly as this one was.  Kudos to @Mesopithecus for the updating and words of wisdom and support.

Thanks to the design team, @Masamune for the badges that I will always cherish.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

STOP!!  It was your idea (an excellent one at that) with all the categories.  And, it was probably the best event of the year.  I am in awe on what you set up and accomplished.  I just hope in the future there is another event!  If so, I will be the first to sign up.  

It takes a team to run an event as smoothly as this one was.  Kudos to @Mesopithecus for the updating and words of wisdom and support.

It wasn’t DDP’s idea, as Meso said in her OP it was Toogies idea and I feel he should still get credit even though he’s no longer on the forums. 

Also @DoctorDrPepper you shouldn’t feel like you need to leave the forums because you misinterpreted how much work was needed to run an event. At least you came back at the end to help wrap things up, which is more than a lot of people would do. Luckily you had Meso, who did an amazing job at running the event. Just learn from the mistake and correct it in the future. :D

Thank you to both DDP and Meso for running the event and Masamune for creating the amazing badges. It’s definitely been my favorite event of the year. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

I don't think either of us can really take any credit for the event idea, that all belongs to Toogie.  The whole event was originally his idea that he passed over before he left the forums, we just tweaked a couple of the phobia categories ^_^

Sadly, I think I'll be handing the running over to someone else for the next event.  Whilst I have thoroughly enjoyed running an event and everyone has made it worthwhile with the positive interactions, honestly the team effort has come from all of you guys being involved and taking part.

I appreciate the kind words though.....

I just want to make sure the event finishes on a positive note, and everyone likes their badges

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

It wasn’t DDP’s idea, as Meso said in her OP it was Toogies idea and I feel he should still get credit even though he’s no longer on the forums. 

I agree as I have participated in Toogie's events.  I was simply letting @DoctorDrPepper know that I was happy that he continued the great event that it was.

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 1

I also want to say thank you for all your efforts. @DoctorDrPepper, @Mesopithecus (and @Toogie53) :) 

Without those Events I´m not sure if I would have been so active on this Forum at all. I just overviewed my stats on this side and look in some trophy guides if needed at the beginning. In the Events I got in contact with a lot of People I wouldn´t otherwise and learnt a lot about new game that were under my Radar so far :D It´s a fun way to finish games that you have started before without finishing completly and I enjoy reading the comments of everyone. So everyone. Keep up the good work and if you plan a new Event you Can Count me in as participant if I have the games that fits into your categories!

@Mesopithecus Regarding the Hardcore Badge I had the same Feeling. I added only the Minimum number of games because I wasn´t sure how many I will finish in the timeframe. I only add a new game if I was near the platinum or 100%. I would love to see the choice of everyone so you have some more inspiration what you can choose for each category :) I mean nothing is wrong with a Hardcore bagde because I love some challenge but I guess for me it would be enough to say you need to finish just more games in the event to receive it. I don´t mean all the games need to be finished but a realistic number depending on the timeframe for the event. That is just some feedback from my side :)  

• Like 3

As a suggestion for future team-related trophy events:

To encourage the team-spirit it might be a neat idea to honor team-members if they play and complete some multiplayer-games together? E.g. if two (or more) players of a team work together to achieve the plat/100% in games like Killing Floor 2 (as an example for Trophophobia) this would reward them a (team-related) bonus badge. Even if it might be hard to coordinate depending on your team members I can personally say that it's the most fun to play any multiplayer with fellow forum members as compared to persons that solely focus on the boosting sessions of the site, even if you solely focus on the trophies in both cases.

11 hours ago, Jens said:

Are you going for completion?

Even if I tried it's unlikely that I would finish all remaining games as I get sidetracked rather easily. By now I want to finish at least one other game bringing my completion rate to 7 out of 11. And it's either Abzu or the Prince of Persia.

11 hours ago, Jens said:

I'll lend you my strength, which isn't much because I'm tapped out 1f605.png Hollow Knight is a tough customer and Little Nightmares is so wonky that I can't stomach a very certain trophy at the moment.... and if we fail always blame the dragon.

I read that Hollow Knight is quite a challenging game due to the Souls-like mechanics but I'm sure you will get that well-deserved plat sooner or later as you already played other demanding games like Super Meat Boy (even if you haven't 100%ed it), Stardew Valley or Downwell. 

And I don't think that you can call it blaming the dragon as it's a given fact that @Dragon-Archon spreads the curse of laziness. :D 

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Jens said:

Let me put it in perspective. It took me about an hour yesterday to defeat Nightmare King Grimm (you can look him up, pretty sweet fight actually :P ). Not too horrible overall in hindsight, but still a pretty quick pattern you have to train.

And he is part of a boss rush which contains 42 (?) bosses.... and he is number 40 or so... so you reach him after more than 30 minutes of constantly fighting bosses and if you die you start over. I never tried it so far, I'll finish the annoying little collectible stuff first between work this week, but that will be something else :P 

Do you know the PoP games or are you playing them for the first time?

Oh the Pantheon is that infamous Boss Rush. :o Well, good luck then, but making it that far doesn't sound too shabby. :D

The only PoP-game I played is the most recent one thanks to PS+: The Forgotten Sands. After enjoying that I decided to give the prior games a try. Didn't make it very far in the one from 2008 (still plan to return to it) and I have never played the PS2-ones so those would be new for me. 

Oh and as I'm curious: Do you attempt to use Hollow Knight for your plat #100 or is there a different game you have in mind?

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jens said:

Yeah that was my initial plan, but Hollow Knight might turn out to be too unwieldy and nebulous to really use it for that. I'll try, but if it won't work out I'll take Stardew Valley which is on the final stretch :P 

Yakuza Kiwami 2 is also a valid choice :D jokes aside, Stardew Valley is also a big Milestone! Not sure if I will platinum this game ever but I like it a lot.

Btw. because of your message to me the one day my fiance ask me what you mean by it and I told her you were talking about Hollow Knight. She said this game look cute and she wants me to Play it while she is watching :D  My Fiance is the worst watcher if you Play a hard game and your descriptions scare me a bit. Last time I was playing Super Meat Boy for an hour to beat one Level and died in the same part over and over again she gave me the advice to "jump with the right Timing" ,  "Why didn´t you jump" or "why didn´t you just stop there for a short time to prepare the jump"  :D .  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Jens said:

Yeah that was my initial plan, but Hollow Knight might turn out to be too unwieldy and nebulous to really use it for that. I'll try, but if it won't work out I'll take Stardew Valley which is on the final stretch :P Would actually make more sense as well, but that would be a long boring explanation, so I'll spare you :P Wouldn't lessen my fun and motivation with / for Hollow Knight though, so it's not really a loss overall :P Not making it is just a real possibility, can't beat around the bush on that one.

Stardew Valley is also a nice choice. Haven't played it myself yet but only heard good things from my girlfriend who already played it for 80+ hours on Steam. 

42 minutes ago, Jens said:

How many of your milestones did you plan? The #100 would be my first and definitely last one :D 

I only really planned two so far. #100 as Wild Arms 3 was really enjoyable when I first played it back in 2012 (a bit late to the show considering it was initially released in 2002 <_<) and #150 as I fell in love with the Ys-series once I played Memories of Celceta back in 2013. For the next one (#200) I'm a bit undecided as there are two games that come to my mind: Driver San Francisco or Grid Autosport. My love towards both series goes back to the PS1-days so I'm not sure right now. 

18 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Last time I was playing Super Meat Boy for an hour to beat one Level and died in the same part over and over again she gave me the advice to "jump with the right Timing" ,  "Why didn´t you jump" or "why didn´t you just stop there for a short time to prepare the jump"  :D .  

This gave me a good laugh. :D I'm glad that my girlfriend stays rather silent when she watches me playing games. Only problem is that I still mess up way more often when I know that someone is staring at me. And then I can hear snippy comments from time to time, too. :| 

Edited by Crimson Idol

16 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Obviously I appreciate any constructive feedback as it only helps improve on future events ^_^  From a personal note, I'm not sure how well the "not changing games" aspect worked and it would definitely be something to reconsider for a future event.

Tbh I had mixed feelings about the bonus requirement, as some games might not fit into a category when looking at it in hindsight. For me, that was the case with Mind=0. It has nothing to do with insanity or anything like that (aside from my own sanity decreasing while I was playing it :ninja: ), but I couldn't move it to a more fitting category due to that.

16 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

(but that's because I mistook the platinum color for silver) 1f605.png

You're not the only one. I thought it was supposed to be gold and silver :lol: .

18 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I truly am sorry.

Don't beat yourself up over it, at least now you know and can learn from it for future events. There's no need to disappear.

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

And I don't think that you can call it blaming the dragon as it's a given fact that @Dragon-Archon spreads the curse of laziness. :D 

I have no idea what you're talking about *yawns, then goes back to sleep*

• Like 3