Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

40 minutes ago, Jens said:

So basically one milestone for every game series you enjoy? Sounds very reasonable :P  Are you in any rush to decide or will you take some time for 7 "filler plats"?

I'm not really into a rush right now. I rather try the slow approach and (hopefully) enjoy all the games I will finish towards that milestone . The next weeks I will focus on the remaining online modes in all the PS3-games I care for and in that process I will likely decide whether it will be Driver or Grid. Both still need a at least 20 hours each so it's a lot of time to think about it.

A totally unrelated sidenote:

Woohoo, 1,000 posts! :dance: 

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3

Another bonus game

L398259.png

The Coma Recut

A bit disappointed in this one. I'm a big fan of Korean horror and as such I had high hopes for this. It starts out pretty good too, but ends up drifting into mediocrity. The game has a bunch of spelling mistakes, which can be forgiven. What I can't forgive though is them using a form of "dude" expression, as it just sounds completely out of place.

Gameplay-wise it's a 2D side-scroller that's set in a school. By progressing through the story the school and corridors keep changing, eventually blocking off many areas. You'll end up being chased for the majority of the game and it just so happens that your attacker, more often than not is just outside the door waiting for you. In the last third of the game, it just becomes annoying as there are barely any health items nor save stations and 90% of the doors that were previously open are suddenly locked. Way too much trial and error, which just killed any fun that was left.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 4

On 10/22/2018 at 0:30 PM, PermaFox said:

STOP!!  It was your idea (an excellent one at that) with all the categories.  And, it was probably the best event of the year.  I am in awe on what you set up and accomplished.  I just hope in the future there is another event!  If so, I will be the first to sign up.  

It takes a team to run an event as smoothly as this one was.  Kudos to @Mesopithecus for the updating and words of wisdom and support.

Thanks to the design team, @Masamune for the badges that I will always cherish.

Excellent post!  And, I could not have said it better myself.  I don't care who has done it in the past, I'm only concerned with who did this event in the present.

To the three members who pulled this event off:  A big thank you.  Without you, this fun time would of been a dud.

Just finished Beyond: Two Souls for Team Jaws. I've preeeetty much come to accept that unless I do literally world record pace for the rest of my games, I'm not gonna be able to cut it for them. That's okay though! It's kind of relieving knowing I won't miss out on a badge, and honestly considering I had to start late I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far. I'll still do my best finishing up AC Revelations though, and then either Batman or Watch_Dogs, whichever I feel more like doing.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Lum1nous1 said:

Beyond: Two Souls is definitely a game I recommend

To each their own. I am not really into the "choose your fate" games Quantic Dreams puts out, but I won't deny that the stories are thick and meaty. More power to anyone who can get through all of the multiple playthroughs of Heavy Rain and multiple storylines about humanistic androids in Detroit Become Human! :)

Binding of Issac, right? I did enjoy the crazy synergies that Youtubers put out, but I don't think I could play this game without a seed since it is almost impossible. I'm glad to know that you can't platinum the digital version so I can delete the account where I put this game and walk away from it forever. :P

Edited by DragonQuest238

1 minute ago, Neocarleen said:

Maybe a weird question. I've put my shiny new badges in a spoiler in my signature but it seems to cut them in half? idk if I'm formatting it wrong or something... Any advice?

Given the fact that you use the desktop-version of the site you can resize any posted image in your posts or your signature by double-clicking on them. Then a popup appears where you can reduce the height and width of the badges.

Or you could put them right beside your trophy card (e.g. one on the left side of it and one on the right side).

7 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Given the fact that you use the desktop-version of the site you can resize any posted image in your posts or your signature by double-clicking on them. Then a popup appears where you can reduce the height and width of the badges.

Or you could put them right beside your trophy card (e.g. one on the left side of it and one on the right side).

Making them smaller seems to help but now they're too small to read. And there's a restriction on signatures that you can't have more than two images, and apparently the trophy card already counts as one. I was originally going to put the badges on both sides of the trophy card like you suggest, but then I have to put the badges in individually (as opposed to having them both in the same image), but that would be three images and it wouldn't work.

2 minutes ago, Neocarleen said:

Making them smaller seems to help but now they're too small to read. And there's a restriction on signatures that you can't have more than two images, and apparently the trophy card already counts as one. I was originally going to put the badges on both sides of the trophy card like you suggest, but then I have to put the badges in individually (as opposed to having them both in the same image), but that would be three images and it wouldn't work.

Totally forgot that non-premium members can only put two images in their signature. :facepalm:

Just changed it (see it as a thank you for the good you do with the work you put into the sales-threads).

And as another future suggestion (if there are more badges to comes):

There's an "About Me"-section on the profile where you can keep all of the badges and then you can put the latest in your signature.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Totally forgot that non-premium members can only put two images in their signature. :facepalm:

Just changed it (see it as a thank you for the good you do with the work you put into the sales-threads).

And as another future suggestion (if there are more badges to comes):

There's an "About Me"-section on the profile where you can keep all of the badges and then you can put the latest in your signature.

That's awesome! Thank you very much! ?

Edited by Neocarleen
  • Like 1

Got games and lists updated :dance:

Managed to platinum Horizon Zero Dawn a few days ago, so that's my final game done.  Still working on Ultra Hard NG+ and it's turning out a lot more difficult that what I've seen people make it out to be.  Progress will be slow though now as my husband is playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and I've been enjoying just sitting back and watching him play.

I hope everyone has a great weekend ^_^

• Like 1