Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

Time for my personal summary:

There's still about 3 days left but I won't be able to finish any of the remaining games from my list as I'm way too sidetracked right now thanks to many other games. <_<

Starting off quite good in September (with 5 games finished) I dropped the ball in October heavily with finishing just one game. After planning barely any game for the Spelling Bee-event I went the complete opposite in this event and this turned out to be a big mistake (again). Way into October I realized that I would have liked to swap some games (Abzu --> The Bridge, Life is Strange --> Late Shift, Prince of Persia --> Timespinner) but couldn't as I wanted to fulfill the hardcore requirement. It's not like any of the games I wanted to swap is bad, but I just didn't feel like playing any of them right now. Well seems I learnt my lesson and if I decide to join another event like this I will make sure that I just stick to a minimum list and add games as soon as I'm sure I will like them (given that the event allows to add games later on).

Nonetheless I really enjoyed being part of this event. Thanks to the hosts, my fellow team-members and all other participants! :) 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

There's still about 3 days left but I won't be able to finish any of the remaining games from my list as I'm way too sidetracked right now thanks to many other games. <_<

I understand the feeling. I was going to play some really easy games fitting Halloween but I deleted them after falling in love with Castlevania Requiem. I was a bit reluctant to earn the Rondo of Blood trophies but I have managed to get most of the trophies at the cost of two full days of nothing else. (Well, I did earn three more trophies for Sly Cooper on the Vita but it was because I had to make sure that my food didn't burn.)

I don't think I'll be able to plat The Evil Within on time, but I'l give it my best shot

basically there's 3 days left, to that add that I get home late because of work and I go to sleep early because of the same reason

There's 2 main things I gotta do

- beat the game in an 5 hours or less Speedrun

- beat the game in Akumu mode

And the second is just a rage fest that since I did it on the X360 I didn't want to ever do it again...

1 hour ago, Zippyhammer said:

I don't think I'll be able to plat The Evil Within on time, but I'l give it my best shot

basically there's 3 days left, to that add that I get home late because of work and I go to sleep early because of the same reason

There's 2 main things I gotta do

- beat the game in an 5 hours or less Speedrun

- beat the game in Akumu mode

And the second is just a rage fest that since I did it on the X360 I didn't want to ever do it again...

That's why I wouldn't even consider hunt trophies/achivements in different platforms, maybe if the game is an exclusive but otherwise is a no-no

1 hour ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

That's why I wouldn't even consider hunt trophies/achivements in different platforms, maybe if the game is an exclusive but otherwise is a no-no

wel I moved from X360 to PS4 this generation as the Xbox one looked terrible at first, and although now it's decent, there's still more games I like in PS4

Update

I knocked out Darksiders and The Guardians of the Galaxy to finish up 3 for this event. Sad to miss out on the bonus badge, but Yakuza Dead Souls is kinda annoying with its wonky gun controls. That and it didn't help that every time I played it I just spent all my time in the mahjong parlor :facepalm: it was so addictive, fun and relaxing I couldn't go back to the main game. 

• Like 1

By the skin of my teeth, I finished Watch_Dogs for Team Jaws! I'm glad I finally went back to this. It was a lot of fun, and I think people gave it a little too much shit.

Here's what will likely be the final update of the graphic. I really doubt I'll get AC Revelations done, and I definitely won't get Batman done. Oh well. 11/13 ain't bad.

5uLqqwS.png

• Like 1

I know that I did say I was going to be in the event, but I kind of vanished for a while.

However I did try and do some of the challenges. I don't expect to get any badges or anything just that I was trying alongside everyone else.

Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Lara Croft GO: There is actually a trophy called Ophidiophobia in the game as well as lots of snakes and spiders.
Dementophobia - Jazzpunk: It has no sanity mechanic or problems with horror (like Amnesia) but it IS demented and batshit crazy. 
Metathesiophobia - NBA 2K19 Prelude: I don't play American Sports games and this is only the fourth game involving US sports I have ever played.
Gynophobia- Mr Massagy: Not quite the right category, but you are surrounded by women only in this completely silly dating sim.

I see that lots of people did a much better job and I congratulate @DoctorDrPepper and @Mesopithecus for keeping this going smoothly.

• Like 2

Shame for me, since I only platinumed 1 out of the 4 games I commited myself, even though the other 3 are finished story/campaign-wise.

I let myself go with other games (mainly FFXV) and ended up forgetting this event.

Still, thanks for the opportunity and for those who invested their time on this event!

On 11/08/2018 at 2:43 PM, Ronin893 said:

Sign me up

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween

- Costume Quest 2?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes 

- Metro Last Light (Ranger mode)?
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead

The Walking Dead A New Frontier. 

4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dying

- ?
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone

- Yomawari: Night Alone:platinum:
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity.

- ?
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time.

- ?
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions

-  A life is strange before the storm:platinum:
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology

- Detroit Become Human 
10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights

Spiderman PS4:platinum:
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change

- Salt & Sanctuary... souls type game 
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women

Lollipop Chainsaw:platinum:
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself

- Crash Bandicoot 

Finished Yomawari, Lollipop chainsaw, Spider-Man, Costume quest 2 and love is strange before the storm. 

May finish ranger mode tonight for metro last light. 

5 or 6/13 is lower than expected but still fun. Got real busy these last months and Lollipop chainsaw took longer than expected. A lot of wasted time. Will be better next year. ?

Finished ranger mode. Should of done hardcore but whatever. 

6/13

Edited by Ronin893
  • Like 1

@DoctorDrPepper I got really lazy with all the games that released this month, my final completion is this: 

1. Deadly Premonition

2. Everything

3. Guacamelee - Complete

4. Unravel

5. Inside - Complete

6. Psychonauts - Complete

7. 36 Fragments of Midnight - Complete

8. Game of Thrones

9. Observer

10. Spider-Man - Complete

11. Fritz by Chessbase - Complete

12. Gemini Heroes Reborn - Complete

13. Abzu - Complete

This event is about to end. My regrets? Not sticking with Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and not adding a couple more games to work on during the month. Still, I think I cleaned up a nice selection of games for the event. I hope everyone has a happy Halloween and don't be scared about completing your list. You can always go and sign up for the Twelve Days of Trophies that @SpaceCoresDad is putting sign-ups for. ;)

But I hope you guys do your best in the crunch time. This was a great event and kudos to both @DoctorDrPepper for starting the event and @Mesopithecus for holding things together when the Doctor was unable to visit.

I wish I could start my own event, but I have to prove that I can keep up with the updates. I'd like to make a Let's Play Spyro Reignited Trilogy thread when that collection comes out. ;)

• Like 1