Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

Update

Everyone should now be added into different teams, however if we have missed anyone, please let us know.  Sign ups are still open so feel free to join in on the fun.

I believe all the lists for people in my section have been updated, but if there are any alterations, please let me know.  I aim to update twice per week (Wednesday and Sunday) however if you noticed I haven't updated your list for whatever reason give me a nudge.

Looks like we are waiting for game lists from:

Me - I still haven't decided what I want to play -_-

@AS_CHAOTIC

@wolverine123

@TheLastSurvivorD

@Deceptrox

@JMFV4223

There's still a couple of weeks to decide so no rush, just @ me when you post your list and I can get you updated :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I believe all the lists for people in my section have been updated, but if there are any alterations, please let me know.

Thanks for adding the initial lists. ^_^ Seeing who our captain is I'm actually sad about the fact that I already played the Zero Escape-series. Would have fitted perfectly. But from what I see another game I ordered (--> Hidden Agenda) also seems to have some moral consequences when checking the trophy list. Have to think about whether I will add it, though. :hmm:

On 8/1/2018 at 3:26 PM, Mesopithecus said:

TEAM JAWS

You're going to need a bigger boat.

If we're going to have a team captained by an animal which isn't really a horror movie monster but is terrifying because it's capable of eating humans, we should have a team Indominus Rex(Jurassic World) for that same reason because it's a genetic abomination created from dinosaurs, which were resurrected by John Hammond in the first Jurassic Park movie. xD

Edited by DragonQuest238

12 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, now I have to platinum inFAMOUS Second Son, since it's the only game I can think of that fits the Phobophobia category in this team. xD

Of all the movie horror villians I get put under, it HAD to be the one from the SAW series. :P

Maybe you should check which team you are on. You aren't team Jigsaw, but Team Cujo. ;)

• Like 1

BTW here's my list.

1. Saw 2 - If its Halloween, it must be SAW

2. Yoku's Island Express - You're a dung beetle fighting other bugs in pinball. I have to play this.

3. Zombie Driver HD - Classic tale of killing millions of zombies with a car.

4. Ruiner - There's a trophy for being the game without ever dying.

5. Kona - All alone in the snow.

6. The Inpatient - Classic insane asylum experience in VR.

7. The Invisible Hours - You control time to find who murdered Nikola Tesla

8. Batman: The Enemy Within - I did the first Batman telltale game last year, so this year, gotta do the sequel.

9. Guardians of the Galaxy - This game takes place in space. Its got tech falling out it's butt.

10. Spiderman - Y'all know there's gonna be tall buildings. There has to be.

11. Persona 4: Dancing All Night - I suck at rhythm games. Gotta get myself out of my element. For Risette. 

12. Oxenfree - You're a teenage girl and also someone told me there's spooky shit. Seemed to fit.

13. X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Freddy would be proud of those claws.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Maybe you should check which team you are on. You aren't team Jigsaw, but Team Cujo. ;)

Oops, sorry. Marked the wrong person. I hope Dragon-Archon doesn't come back and burn my house down because I made the wrong assumption!

Yay, I can safely delete that accursed game off my PS4 and avoid getting sent to Hell when I leave this realm! xD

There was a game where you play as a spider but I don't remember what it was called. If I could remember, I'd check it out and maybe add it to my list under the Arachnophobia category. Still thinking about the original Ni no Kuni under Thanatophobia, though, if that's okay. Need an excuse to work on that game, although I should focus on Ni no Kuni II for my Spelling Bee list. xD

Also, now that I know my team leader is a rabid mountaineer dog, I can add a game in the Phobophobia category and clear it out of my backlog. I'm adding Seasons After Fall, because not only do you end up possessing a fox and playing as its ghost, but parts of the game are super creepy because the villian is a spirit who is slowly going insane after she was told she has to become a tree. ?

• Like 1

I thought about adding some further games and here's my overall list so far. :) 

3. Kinemortophobia: Riddled Corpses EX

--> It's a side-scrolling twin-stick shooter where you have to fight your way through thousands of zombies, gargoyles, cerberus, and other haunting creatures

6. Dementophobia: Sundered

--> The game has a sanity system where you have to decide whether you use evil powers to corrupt your abilities or withstand them to gain other abilities

7. Chronophobia : Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

--> This PoP-game has a mechanic to rewind time.

8. Decidophobia: Life is Strange

--> TellTale-like game. Not much to add besides #TeamBelgianWaffle :awesome: 

9. Technophobia: Muv-Luv Alternative

--> Muv-Luv features a world where humans have to fight extraterrestrials in mechas and other fancy technology like so-called G-Bombs.  

10. Acrophobia: Spider-Man

--> Climbing New York's skyscrapers and swinging through the street canyons makes this an easy choice

12. Gynophobia: Icey

--> Main character looks female enough, although it's only a robot AFAIK. 

13. Phobophobia: Detroit: Become Human

--> I heard good things about it and there are a few morale choices that heavily alter the outcome

The copy-friendly version:

3. Riddled Corpses EX

6. Sundered

7. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

8. Life is Strange

9. Muv-Luv Alternative

10. Spider-Man

12. Icey

13. Detroit: Become Human

@Mesopithecus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

Joining this would be great! i'll confirm once i find at least 3 games any suggestions for decisions/dying/being alone games?

and can you explain more about the teams?

The team system is basically only for Challenge 13; if you select that one, you must complete a game related in some way to your cabin master (aka Jason=Lake or Freddy=Claws)

• Like 1

Good luck to everyone, even though the event starts in about two weeks so I'm jumping the gun. xD

I need something to do to calm my nerves. Right now my attempts to get some more platinums are being horribly derailed. First Enigmatis 3 glitches on me so I can't continue past a certain point. (I am sure it is just a minor bug, it's never happened before.) Then I forgot again that the Grim Legends 3 trophy list requires you to complete certain puzzles in record time so I missed one puzzle trophy(the fifth memory mirror) which is a flipping 90% into the game so I deleted it in a rage-quit. So now a few games are on my s***-list for the time being and banned from my PS4 until I can get over their betrayals. :(

I'll try to go through the second two Nightmares from the Deep games(I stupidly put the first on this list because I thought I would never play Siren's Call, but then I was forced to buy three months of PS+, so there's no excuse to not play it and use the cloud to backup my save so I can try to get the speed-record mahjong trophy); if it's possible, I'd like to swap the original Nightmares from the Deep with Nightmares from the Deep 3. There are still undead pirates there.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 9:58 AM, Lorajet said:

Hmmm.  Thinking of games that will fit the Team Pinhead theme.....?

I was thinking of finally getting around to playing Zero Time Dilemma. People trapped in rooms and have to solve puzzles to escape. Maybe some kind of death or torture if they fail (I'm no sure of specifics, because spoilers) would fit the Pinhead puzzle box theme. It's probably a bit of a stretch but its the only game in my current backlog that kinds fits the theme. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯