Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

6 minutes ago, JMFV4223 said:

Lol I was personally debating on puting SO4 on this list. I wish you luck in completing that game!!!

Thanks. Honestly, I would not recommend adding SO4 to this list since the grind in this game is pretty ridiculous and chances of completing it within the time frame with other games is very slim, unless you already made a good amount of progress or perhaps know a good deal about the game already to begin with.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lum1nous1 said:

Thanks. Honestly, I would not recommend adding SO4 to this list since the grind in this game is pretty ridiculous and chances of completing it within the time frame with other games is very slim, unless you already made a good amount of progress or perhaps know a good deal about the game already to begin with.

Oh yeah I wouldnt be starting from scratch lol I'm not insane. I have every trophy but the 100% bt but I think I have done like 95% of them. Faize is really the only one below 75%.

44 minutes ago, Lum1nous1 said:

I'm still working on my list, but I most likely won't be able to send a finalized one to you @DoctorDrPepper until right around just before the starting of the event since part of it depends on knowing whether I can finish SO4 before then or not. Otherwise I have certain games in mind already that can fit some of these themes.

Also, I'm still wondering whether to add any ps3 games to this list since my ps3 sounds like it's about to blow any second now...

Take your time. You still have like two whole weeks till we start.

14 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Hey y'all, small update from me. Suffered a pretty nice leg injury trying to use a slip and slide. Feel free to make fun of me for that one. Don't worry, im still 100% here for this event, just a little behind on everything but I'm trying to catch up. 

@Cassylvania @angelgrievous @BlacknWhite098 you guys are in the event. I'm waiting to see if three more people sign up and if so you'll all get put on a new ninth team with a new team captain. If not, we'll randomly add you to existing teams

I'd like to once again ask anyone on Team Jason, Team Freddy, Team Pinhead or Team Leatherface to send me your lists via dm. The reason being since we're doing the "dont change your list challenge", I want to make sure what I put you down for is what you actually want and not an old list if you've change your mind before the event starts.

Thanks guys, cant wait to start playing some games.

I just got the ether one platinum i got it after signing up for the event does it count?

20 hours ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

So i'll start with these:

3-HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 3: MONSTERS OVERBOARD 0% (ironic i know)

5-Ether one 21%

6-Farcry 3 classic edition (does it count) 0%

8-Life is Strange: Before the Storm 0%

I might add new games soon

UPDATE: Ether one 100%

14 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I'm doing a little experimental play through of something on a blank account. If it works out, I might have one more new entry in the Arachnophobia/Ophidiophobia category. ;)

Nevermind, cancel that idea. What I was going to do was put Shantae and the Pirate's Curse as Arachnophobia(one of the islands is called Spiderweb and has a big spider boss) but after getting most of the trophies on a blank account I realized how frustrating that would be to do all over again. I know I should be a little more courageous in trying out new games but I have a habit of putting off games that I have struggle issues with. To be fair, I spent an hour trying to get the trophy for beating that dragon boss without getting hit and he kept damaging me but I finally did it.

I did find some other titles, though. Please add these to my list:

Thanatophobia: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (if you read the final book you would get the reason why it is on this list, I am going for the actual term and not for a game that has a deathless trophy)

Technophobia: Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus. I really enjoyed playing the game on PS Now and now that I have a PS3, I can buy it on there. :)

I know the list is full of easy games but I have several things going on and I need to finish platting Ni no Kuni II for my Spelling Bee list so I don't have a lot of time to do anything really involved. It'll also get me some games off of my backlog.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

getting most of the trophies on a blank account I realized how frustrating that would be to do all over again

Isn't the benefit of using a blank acc that you don't have to play the game again? I played Skyrim recently on a PS4 blank acc and added the trophies much later on my psn acc :)

1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Isn't the benefit of using a blank acc that you don't have to play the game again? I played Skyrim recently on a PS4 blank acc and added the trophies much later on my psn acc :)

Ehm, yeah, but transferring those trophies onto my account would require me to delete my account and then log into the blank account with my account title and if I delete my account I lose all of the screenshots I have on it.

14 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I know the list is full of easy games but I have several things going on and I need to finish platting Ni no Kuni II for my Spelling Bee list so I don't have a lot of time to do anything really involved. It'll also get me some games off of my backlog.

Just asking: Why not use your N-game from this event to spell your word?

3. Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones

5. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
12. Lost Grimoires 2: Shards of Mystery
13. Seasons After Fall

That way you wouldn't feel so stressed about finishing any event and like some already said there's no shame to add one game to several events.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Just now, DragonQuest238 said:

Ehm, yeah, but transferring those trophies onto my account would require me to delete my account and then log into the blank account with my account title and if I delete my account I lose all of the screenshots I have on it.

You can save those on a flash drive, surely you own one? Maybe even ps+ cloud, don't know haven't tried myself. Be more careful about copying all savefiles you may need as i lost all after transfering my accounts. My flash drive wasn't accepted to copy back to the console somehow. But i got most of the saves from the ps+ cloud so i didn't lose much...

6 hours ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

So apparently I can post in here straight away. I'll decide on games before the event starts.

Good luck with your new account.  I started over with this account a couple of years ago (granted my old account only had around 100 plats) and it felt very liberating, so I can definitely understand your reasoning.  I'm glad you're still participating in this event and I'm looking forward to seeing how your new profile develops.

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Just noticed the teams. So, does Rogue Legacy fit with team Jigsaw? The remixed bosses are supposed to be a real torture. Besides that, there's a trophy that has Atelophobia in it's name, which is fear of poison :awesome: .

I put Rogue Legacy down on your list anyway, just under a random phobia but if you want to use it as your team Jigsaw game then I'm cool with that :)

• Like 2

Here's 3 picks to start me off. I'm guessing it's acceptable to add more once the event starts?

Samhainophobia- South park the stick of truth. Loads of kids dressing up screams Halloween to me.

Kinemortophobia- Dead space 2. The enemies are necromorphs, 'nuff said.

Monophobia- Dead space. Exploring a spaceship on your own for the majority of the game.

• Like 2