Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

Ok, so I'm locking in my list now, I went ahead and filled in the other categories, so I have a full 13 now.  I'm locking them in place so here's the final list for me.  Be back after the first to start updating.

1. A Hat in Time

2. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

3. Guacamelee 2

4. 101 Ways to Die

5. Obduction

6. Lithium Inmate 39

7. Crash Bandicoot 2

8. Game of Thrones

9. Black the Fall

10. Aer: Memories of Old

11. Tina's Toy Factory

12. Lili: Child of Geos

13. Rime

• Like 1

So, I've been looking through the categories...and my backlog...and I'm really surprised hydrophobia didn't make the list. There are so many water games out there, and that's a fairly common phobia.

I'm going to lock in my list soon. I'll probably just begin with three games, and then add more as I go. I don't think I'm going to include KH:CoM on the list -- at least, not initially -- because I'm not sure I'll have time to finish it. If I do, it'll be my Samhainophobia game. If not, I'll just play something else for Halloween. I have plenty of games that fit that category...

I was originally planning on taking a couple of months off from events and play whatever I felt like playing, but then I realized that the games I plan on playing next are probably right in line with the event anyways so why not? I won't be doing shorter games, however so I'll probably only do the minimum but sign me up please! I'll post my list of games shortly. Thanks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

So, I've been looking through the categories...and my backlog...and I'm really surprised hydrophobia didn't make the list. There are so many water games out there, and that's a fairly common phobia.

I'm going to lock in my list soon. I'll probably just begin with three games, and then add more as I go. I don't think I'm going to include KH:CoM on the list -- at least, not initially -- because I'm not sure I'll have time to finish it. If I do, it'll be my Samhainophobia game. If not, I'll just play something else for Halloween. I have plenty of games that fit that category...

There's also a game called Hydrophobia, but it's really awful.

Decided to go for broke and lock in a full list now. Should be able to get all these done in 2 months. Should have dead space 1, 2 and ignition ready to pop on September 1st maybe get a head start on some others as well. Some of my links to the categories are slightly tenuous but I think they fit.

1. South park the stick of truth

2. Final Fantasy VII

3. Dead space 2

4. Streets of rage 2

5. Dead space 

6. Penny arcade adventures:On the rain-slick precipice of darkness episode two

7. Final fantasy X

8. Dead space ignition 

9. Penny arcade adventures:On the rain-slick precipice of darkness episode one

10. Batman arkham asylum

11. Tony hawk's pro skater HD

12. Cosmic star heroine 

13. South park the fractured but whole

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Deadpool--Rik said:

Decided to go for broke and lock in a full list now. Should be able to get all these done in 2 months. Should have dead space 1, 2 and ignition ready to pop on September 1st maybe get a head start on some others as well. Some of my links to the categories are slightly tenuous but I think they fit.

1. South park the stick of truth

2. Final Fantasy VII

3. Dead space 2

4. Streets of rage 2

5. Dead space 

6. Penny arcade adventures:On the rain-slick precipice of darkness episode two

7. Final fantasy X

8. Dead space ignition 

9. Penny arcade adventures:On the rain-slick precipice of darkness episode one

10. Batman arkham asylum

11. Tony hawk's pro skater HD

12. Cosmic star heroine 

13. South park the fractured but whole

Nice list.  Digging all the Dead Space.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, @Mesopithecus! I'm liking the Excel spreadsheet.

For now, let me remake my list. I'm just going to start with three basic games, and then add to it as I go. Lock these suckers in:

5. Monophobia - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. This category was made for walking sims, so I might as well play the quintessential one. (I recommend Firewatch, if you want a good walking sim.)

8. Decidophobia. Oxenfree. I assume this is the best category for this. Not really feeling up for another Telltale game, so we'll go with what I assume is a horror game of sorts.

9. Technophobia - Icey. Chick is some kind of robot, or so I'm told.

There. That'll get me three vowels for the Spelling Bee event too. Hooray.

Also, our team's theme song:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Thanks for the update, @Mesopithecus! I'm liking the Excel spreadsheet.

For now, let me remake my list. I'm just going to start with three basic games, and then add to it as I go. Lock these suckers in:

5. Monophobia - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. This category was made for walking sims, so I might as well play the quintessential one. (I recommend Firewatch, if you want a good walking sim.)

8. Decidophobia. Oxenfree. I assume this is the best category for this. Not really feeling up for another Telltale game, so we'll go with what I assume is a horror game of sorts.

9. Technophobia - Icey. Chick is some kind of robot, or so I'm told.

There. That'll get me three vowels for the Spelling Bee event too. Hooray.

Also, our team's theme song:

I might have to post your team song on the first page :lol:

Good game choices too, I got you updated :D

• Like 2

On 8/15/2018 at 4:32 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

Awww, no team Candyman so far :( .

5 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Update

Added a new team - Team Candyman

Glad to see that Candyman got some love in the end :D . While the sequels may be trash, the first movie was great.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Update

Added a new team - Team Candyman - which includes all the newer joiners up to @Briste

There are currently 7 people on that team, so if anyone else joins between now and the start of the event we can divide them between the current teams :)

Also there is now an event spreadsheet here Halloween Event Spreadsheet

It's currently very simple but will make it look sexier as the event progresses and games are platted.  Just allows us to easily keep track of everything for the badges.

As always, if anything is missing or incorrect, please let me know so it can be rectified.

It's just over a week before we can get started, so if you haven't already gotten your lists in, please drop us a post and we can update you :dance:

Love it!

I would like to try for the Gamophobia badge and not change any of my selections. I may add some games depending on how fast I can Plat these ones, but I won't be changing. My games will be:

Chronophobia - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze (need to beat the game in 1 hour for a trophy) Normally not a game I would probably play, but I'm picking this one since my 4 year old is a huge fan and I want to introduce him to gaming through a series he loves.

Dementophobia - Batman Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum (self explanatory) 

Monophobia - Dark Souls Remastered (I could see someone arguing that technically there are NPC's and you can play with other people so maybe it's not Monophobia so if you think I should put this under one of the other categories that's fine.)

Acrophobia - Middle-earth: Shadow of War (you scale mountains and buildings all the time) I will probably/hopefully have this platinum before the event starts since this is one of my summer camp games, but I'll be going for the DLC/100% for this event.

I will most likely add some games, but since I'm playing the spelling bee Wheel of Fortune style...I don't want to give away my word by listing all my games now.

Thanks!

/edit I just noticed that while I'm in the Team Candyman grouping, my name is not with the master list of names. Not sure if that's a big deal or not, but figured I'd let you know so you can have an accurate number of participants.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

Glad to see I can get to this still! Hope I'm not too late. I'm going to try to go for the whole nine yards here, so here goes nothing.

Samhainophobia: Costume Quest! I played this game long, long ago before my account got deleted for a reason I don't even remember anymore, and I've been wanting an excuse to come back to it for years now. Maybe I'll even do the sequel at some point.

Ophidiophobia: God of War: Chains of Olympus. Maybe it's a stretch, but I think the Gorgons definitely count for this. I've despised their instant death attacks anyway, so hopefully this will go smoothly. I've been getting through the God of War series slowly but steadily anyway.

KinemortophobiaThe Last of Us. I've been working on the online for a while now, and feel I should definitely have it done by the time September ends. From there it's just playing the game through twice on Grounded while grabbing the collectables... wew. Wish me luck.

ThanatophobiaUncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered. From what I heard, having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty is REALLY hard. I don't own the original and just picked up the collection on a sale so this'll get me into it. Hopefully.

MonophobiaFirewatch. Seems like everyone in this thread is recommending this, so it's time to finally give it a shot. I hear it's a masterpiece, so I hope I don't get let down.

Dementophobia: Batman: Arkham Asylum. Shame I platinumed Indigo Prophecy over the summer, since it would've been perfect for this, haha. I don't feel like pinning my chances of completing this list on Arkham Origins' shit tier trophy list, so I'll do one of my other favorite games of old. I'm really looking forward to playing this again and seeing if it holds up. Just hope those challenges won't be too difficult.

ChronophobiaShadow of the Colossus. I need to finish this game. I know it's going to be hard, and I know it's going to suck, but it's been eating away at me for ages. Hope those time trials aren't too rough on me, haha. Come to think of it, this also would've been good for Monophobia.

DecidiophobiaUntil Dawn. This one I originally intended to finish with a friend, but it's been over a year since we've played it and we've moved on to bigger and better things. I don't think he'll mind if I play this alone instead. Just hope I don't get 2spooked.

TechnophobiaWatch_Dogs. Another game I've had for a long time but never put in the effort to actually beat. I've enjoyed it every time I've played it though, so this should be nice after some of the harder ones on this list. I'll even try to 100% it too with Bad Blood.

AcrophobiaAssassin's Creed Revelations. There's tons of building scaling in this game and it's great. Brotherhood is almost done, so I can hardly choose that, but I need to do enough in Revelations that I think it counts far more. I've got a decent multiplayer group already together, so at least that part should hopefully go smoothly.

Metathesiophobia: Evolve. I try to stay away from only online games, and 4v1 games are definitely not my thing either, but after picking this up to get the trophies that can only be done online before the official servers go down, it's growing on me a little. Not enough that I'll venture into putting Dead by Daylight here instead, but I think I can get this done in that timeframe.

GynophobiaBeyond: Two Souls. The last platinum I need to be a proper Quantic Dream MASTER. The others have all been pretty easy (with the exception of Indigo Prophecy, eugh), so I'm hoping this one won't be too difficult either. I hear it's tedious, but I can deal with that.

Phobophobia: I guess the point of this one is that I won't know what it is until I get sorted, so I'll leave it blank for now! When it's all said and done I'll put something in here to fit.

And finally, Gamophobia will finish this off. I've put a lot of thought into these, and I think two months is enough time to get them done. I'm locking in my answers, and praying to the heavens I can get 13 games done in time. Especially because I don't know what one of them is!

• Like 3

I want to join but have a question before posting my games, in games with plat and DLC I just need to get the plat or I need to 100% too?

Oh, and another question, if I subscribe a game on a category but after finishing it I found another game that could fit in the same category and the prior game that I played could fit in another one can I change them?

Edited by DeepEyes7

Update

Everyone should now be updated, welcome to the new joiners!  I loved looking through your awesome game picks :D

@Jens I've added you as the 7th member of Team Jigsaw

@SpaceCoresDad I've added you as the 7th member of Team Jaws

On 8/25/2018 at 9:37 AM, Briste said:

I just noticed that while I'm in the Team Candyman grouping, my name is not with the master list of names. Not sure if that's a big deal or not, but figured I'd let you know so you can have an accurate number of participants.

The master list of names is one for @DoctorDrPepper to update.  I imagine he's been busy with a few real life things, but I'm sure the list will be updated in the next couple of days before the event starts :)

17 hours ago, Jens said:

And one question about the rules for the bonus badge. Can I swap game A into another category and replace it with game B and it's fine if game A is still in my overall list? Because I think I might add some games later on and there are quite a bunch of switchable games in my list so far. Would be handy :P 

The final decision on that one will be with @DoctorDrPepper as it's his event and I'm just helping run things.  I'm pretty lenient too when it comes to these things, I'd say as long as the original game remains on the list in some form, then it still should count for the hardcore bonus badge.  

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I want to join but have a question before posting my games, in games with plat and DLC I just need to get the plat or I need to 100% too?

Oh, and another question, if I subscribe a game on a category but after finishing it I found another game that could fit in the same category and the prior game that I played could fit in another one can I change them?

If you want to just get the platinum on a game, then that's perfectly acceptable :)  We recognize not everyone likes going for DLC in games (and to be honest, sometimes it's a pretty expensive deal) Equally, if you have a game where you already have the platinum and want to just do the DLC for the event, then that's acceptable too.  

As for your second question, I believe I have already addressed it in my response to Jens, but ultimately the final say on that doesn't lay with me.

As usual, if I have missed any updates or if you notice something is incorrect on your list.  Please let me know.  As we're not long before the event starts, I want to tag a few people as it appears we don't have a list from you yet (I apologize if you have already provided a list and I've missed you by mistake)

@ArtikSkarab

@Aze

@VeritableLemon

@Dr_Mayus

@Lum1nous1

@monkeydluffy512

@TheLastSurvivorD

@keploz85

@angelgrievous

I also need to complete my list, but no use tagging myself :P

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus

Here is my game list:

1.Goosebumps: The Game                                 

2. Marvel’s Spider-Man                                              

3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -Mirror of Fate       

4. The Mummy Demastered                               

5. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture                                               

6. Alice: Madness Returns                                  

7. God of War PS3                                               

8. Beyond Two Souls                                           

9.Chaos on Deponia                                          

10. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood  PS4                 

11. South Park: The Fractured But Whole                                              

12. Gone Home

13. Lollipop Chainsaw     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keploz85 said:

@Mesopithecus

Here is my game list:

1.Goosebumps: The Game                                 

2. Marvel’s Spider-Man                                              

3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -Mirror of Fate       

4. The Mummy Demastered                               

5. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture                                               

6. Alice: Madness Returns                                  

7. God of War PS3                                               

8. Beyond Two Souls                                           

9.Chaos on Deponia                                          

10. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood  PS4                 

11. South Park: The Fractured But Whole                                              

12. Gone Home

13. Lollipop Chainsaw     

Great choices, especially liking your pick for number 13 :D  Got you updated.

Well the rules only say you must unlock either the :platinum: or ? at the start of this event so even if you're just one trophy away this is mostly accepted in other similar events @SpaceCoresDad :) 

I for example only need 1 trophy in Bloodborne but that will keep me busy for a few more hours (still more than 3 optional very hard bosses to kill)

But either way have fun with AC Brotherhood and Revelations. ACB is my favorite, hope you like it too :D

@Evil_Joker88 Oh I know, but I think I might finish Brotherhood before September even starts. And that's a good thing. The online is so grindy and annoying.

Also, now that I know Jaws is going to be my Halloween master, what better game to play than Hydrophobia Prophecy? Time to find out if it's really a fantastic game pushing water physics to their limit... or if it's $1.99 on the PSN Store for a reason.