6.00 Beta now LIVE

JapanimeGamer

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Are you talking about the library where all your games are stored?

No. If you go to Profile (where you see Overview, Games, Friends/Communities, Media, and Recent Activities), the games listed include all of the ones you've ever started, even if you've deleted their trophy lists.

I believe this is also what other people can see when they look at your profile.

10 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

No. If you go to Profile (where you see Overview, Games, Friends/Communities, Media, and Recent Activities), the games listed include all of the ones you've ever started, even if you've deleted their trophy lists.

I believe this is also what other people can see when they look at your profile.

Oh okay, not sure then, the only 2 ps4 games I deleted aren't showing on there anymore, but that was years ago

On 8/1/2018 at 5:41 PM, Pirelli913 said:

I got an email from Sony for Beta 6.00, too, but said when it becomes available, you'll receive a notification on your PS4 with prompts to follow to activate it.

That being said, the two big things I think everyone wants are name changes (I personally don't) and backwards compatibility.

Also, I'd like the option to see when friends sign OFF like you can see when they sign ON. I don't need to see a friend sign on 5 times in a row within 5 minutes and be like, "Wait, he was just on a moment ago, when'd he sign out?"

Personally, I'd love to have name change, but yes backwards compatibility would be great. I never feel like getting on my PS3, so being able to play my God of War games or Black Ops 2 on PS4 would be awesome, especially with party chat feature. I just think it'd take some undertaking to make PS3 saves compatible with PS4. 

I downloaded the PS+ game 'Here they lie' and loaded it up, on the intro screen it said HDR which I wasn't expecting.

Not sure if this game was already in HDR pre-6.00 (not that many PSVR games are) or if this is a PSVR tweak in 6.00 that I just stumbled across?

Loaded up Summer Lesson and I did not get the same HDR logo, so I will assume there's nothing new.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

On 8/6/2018 at 5:02 PM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Personally, I'd love to have name change, but yes backwards compatibility would be great. I never feel like getting on my PS3, so being able to play my God of War games or Black Ops 2 on PS4 would be awesome, especially with party chat feature. I just think it'd take some undertaking to make PS3 saves compatible with PS4. 

To correct what I said about not wanting name changes, it's not that I don't - it's that there are other features I want added first and that I feel deserve higher priority. I've grown accustomed to the name I chose and friends even nicknamed me "P" due to the first letter. I can understand why many want name changes, though (especially if your username is something like XxXkillALLbabies420) but for me personally, I don't need that feature. High on my list is still backwards capabilities, though.

Also, I turned on my PS4 yesterday and was greeted with the Beta voucher. Maybe it's different in certain regions, but from where I am (west coast of US) I didn't need to go through my email. It just told me how to access the Beta from prompts on my PS4.

11 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

To correct what I said about not wanting name changes, it's not that I don't - it's that there are other features I want added first and that I feel deserve higher priority. I've grown accustomed to the name I chose and friends even nicknamed me "P" due to the first letter. I can understand why many want name changes, though (especially if your username is something like XxXkillALLbabies420) but for me personally, I don't need that feature. High on my list is still backwards capabilities, though.

But being realistic. Backwards will never happen because money making $$$ Psnow.

I disagree, I think backwards compatibility is something SONY have been working on and it will become a feature, irrespective to PS Now.

That said, I think PSN name changes are imminent and will drop first.

Update to 6.00 beta 2:

Nothing to report still, My PS4 is rock stable, no crashes, no issues whatsoever in anything I have done on the system. 

What do I want to see personally in Firmware 6.00 update?

As I stated before I don't care for PSN name changes at all, I love my name and it is staying forever but I would like to see the PS4 pushed as far as it can go regarding PSVR, unlocking as much power between the 2 as possible.

I would like to see a different way to search for games in the PS store other than what we have now and I would also like to somehow get rid of the annoying Playroom, which I cannot seem to delete.

Would be great if we had more control over our accounts, we should be able to hide trophies from ourselves if we want.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

• 2 weeks later...

Beta 3 adds a proper* search function on the Playstation Store. Always wanted this feature :) 

ResetEra

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Update 1:

You can also search by publisher:

[IMG]

and by genre as well:

[IMG]
[IMG]
Edited by Ghost
correction
  • Like 2

No more mini uncharted style puzzle every time you need to search for something? Well that will be different I suppose :)

Wonder if they will fix the store in general to make it less clunky, can't remember last time I used the store on my console due to how poorly it performs; so much easier just to use the phone app or the webpage atm

6.00 beta 3 is 447mb in size.

Seems pretty much like before regarding stability (very good).

Edit: My Summer lesson games are now listed in English not in Japanese. 1 of them was already previously but not the other 2. But now all 3 are listed with English trophies etc... this suggests to me that a western release is imminent, but who would want to play Summer Lesson in English is beyond me as it completely defeats the object, that said, plenty will I imagine. Either way I own the JP version as it really is the only way to play this game in my opinion.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, JapanimeGamer said:

What do I want to see personally in Firmware 6.00 update?

I would like to see a different way to search for games in the PS store

That's one wish / prediction nailed on the head.

Just PSN name changes and PSVR tweaks to go for the hat trick ;)

Hey Guys,

I would love to be able to change the country of my account. I have been changing countries 3 times (Switzerland, USA, France) in 5 years and still have to use my Swiss account/fake address, if I don't want to lose all of my trophies by changing account.

I don't have hundreds of Platinum, but still, I had to start from scratch once (18 stars), don't want to do it again.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...