Megaman X2 Help.

not sure what's happening but anytime I load My save at sigma final stage. , if i leave it to go fill up ETanks at bubble crab, i exit bubble crab when they're full. so I go back to sigma stage 4 and it starts me way back at sigma 1.... 

anyone know why this is happening?

or if there is somewhere in sigma final stage I can farm and fill my etanks.

23 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Are you sure you're on sigma stage 1 and not sigma stage 3? Sigma 3 is magna centipede's level. And overdrive ostrich has a closer spot near the start of the level you can use silk shot to spawn a bunch of large health capsules

I'm on sigma final. I thought there is 4. maybe its 3 but it starts as the manga centipede stage. then its zero tho I saved him, sigma, and virus sig. that's where I'm at. 

5 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I'm on sigma final. I thought there is 4. maybe its 3 but it starts as the manga centipede stage. then its zero tho I saved him, sigma, and virus sig. that's where I'm at. 

Actually I'm wrong there's 5 stages, so after filling your e-tanks, it's putting you back into the first stage?

if it is, just use this password, it'll put you on the final sigma stage

Edited by SnowxSakura

3 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

So when you leave the level it sends you all the way back to the first hunter stage where you have to fight Violen?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

So when you leave the level it sends you all the way back to the first hunter stage where you have to fight Violen?

yes. 

15 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Actually I'm wrong there's 5 stages, so after filling your e-tanks, it's putting you back into the first stage?

if it is, just use this password, it'll put you on the final sigma stage

so put this password and fill tanks before loading into sigma stage ? I'll give it a try.

2 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

yes. 

so put this password and fill tanks before loading into sigma stage ? I'll give it a try.

If you go to ostrich level, the top of the ramp where you first get the chaser bike, there's a ledge to the left, when you go over there, use the wheel to break the rocks and in there you can use the silk shot to get health pickups

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

is there a pass code list for x4 through x8? easier to mop up

I don't know anything about X8, but X4 - X6 have codes for the Ultimate Armor and Black Zero. Nothing like the first 3 games where you can be placed at certain parts of the game.

However, they have actual save systems. And when you lose your lives it doesn't start you all over when you choose the "continue" option. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I don't know anything about X8, but X4 - X6 have codes for the Ultimate Armor and Black Zero. Nothing like the first 3 games where you can be placed at certain parts of the game.

However, they have actual save systems. And when you lose your lives it doesn't start you all over when you choose the "continue" option. 

good to know. as long as those codes wont void any trophy per se. otherwise ill just do it regularly. 

currently working on x challenges a bit. enjoying the games though not a fan of x3

1 minute ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

good to know. as long as those codes wont void any trophy per se. otherwise ill just do it regularly. 

currently working on x challenges a bit. enjoying the games though not a fan of x3

Well, some trophies are affected. (going to refer to the Ultimate Armor as UA here)

In X4 you need to defeat an enemy with the UA's Nova Strike. But then you also need to beat the game without the UA at all.

^my recommendation is playing normally with the UA. Then playing through on Rookie while playing as just X. And then a third run as Zero. While a bit more time consuming and probably seen as the "easy" way out I didn't mind.

In X5 you have to obtain the armor. So using the code will void it. Strategy for X4 is still valid here if you are struggling or just want an easier, if somewhat more time consuming, way to get the trophies. Start and beat the game with UA and then Rookie the game with X until you get the UA.

In X6 you can use the code from the start, but you need to find it from a capsule and if I remember right it will cause the other 2 armor sets pieces to not show up. I could be wrong about this so maybe @SnowxSakura can say for sure.

10 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

Just be aware, that X5 has an actual trophy for obtaining the ultimate armor in the sigma stages, and there's a trophy in X4 for not using the ultimate armor 

@Avatar_Of_Battle you actually get the nova attack in X4 when you complete the fourth armor, so you don't need to use the code to get the trophy.

In X6 when you use the code, you start the game wearing it, it doesn't replace the current armor you're wearing like X5 if you use the code. Pretty sure using the code doesn't make the capsules disappear for the blade and shadow armor

Edited by SnowxSakura

I’m confused with all the saving and password usage in these games. To make it as easy as possible what passwords can I use in each game that won’t void trophies?

like can I get full health and energy tanks etc using passwords and go straight to the last area with full health and collectibles and still select the stages with trophies tied to them afterwards?

i only beat X1 so far and got all the trophies legit except zero’s arm but didn’t use any passwords at all except for the arm but feel like it took a lot longer as a result. Is there a faster method?

Edited by Gizmo_Monkey

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Just be aware, that X5 has an actual trophy for obtaining the ultimate armor in the sigma stages, and there's a trophy in X4 for not using the ultimate armor 

@Avatar_Of_Battle you actually get the nova attack in X4 when you complete the fourth armor, so you don't need to use the code to get the trophy.

In X6 when you use the code, you start the game wearing it, it doesn't replace the current armor you're wearing like X5 if you use the code. Pretty sure using the code doesn't make the capsules disappear for the blade and shadow armor

Yeah I derped on X4 lol. I just preferred the longer but easier way I guess haha.

As for X6 I remember starting the opening stage as a more purple regular X. But when I got the first capsule in Yanmarks's stage that's when the full UA was given to me. I remember not being able to find the other capsules either. (It's actually pretty sad that my memory is this bad but it would be quick work for me to check next time I'm on the game.)

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yeah I derped on X4 lol. I just preferred the longer but easier way I guess haha.

As for X6 I remember starting the opening stage as a more purple regular X. But when I got the first capsule in Yanmarks's stage that's when the full UA was given to me. I remember not being able to find the other capsules either. (It's actually pretty sad that my memory is this bad but it would be quick work for me to check next time I'm on the game.)

You're actually thinking of X4. The leg capsule in web spiders stage gives you the ultimate armor.

hqdefault.jpg

By the way, X6 is the only one that doesn't make X purple on his joints for the ultimate armor, it's just regular light blue

you can watch in the first 20 seconds or so, he spawns into the intro stage already wearing it

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You're actually thinking of X4. The leg capsule in web spiders stage gives you the ultimate armor.

hqdefault.jpg

By the way, X6 is the only one that doesn't make X purple on his joints for the ultimate armor, it's just regular light blue

you can watch in the first 20 seconds or so, he spawns into the intro stage already wearing it

Damn I really did mix them up huh? Like I said in my last post my memory is horrid. Even things like this that I've done in the past week get blurred together. :facepalm: ?

@LegacyJKO09

This is why I tell people not to listen to me. xD 

• Like 2