Definitive Edition Announced

So just a couple of hours ago at the time of posting this topic, Middle Earth: Shadow of War has had its Definitive edition announced. This edition of the game, includes everything from the various versions of the game.

• Middle-earth: Shadow of War Main Game
  • Slaughter Tribe – Nemesis Expansion
  • Outlaw Tribe – Nemesis Expansion
  • Blade of Galadriel – Story Expansion
  • Desolation of Mordor – Story Expansion

And also these features.

• Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
  • Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
  • Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
  • Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
  • Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
  • Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
  • Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players’ Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
  • Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
  • Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
  • Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures
  • Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
  • Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.

Sources: VG247 and Gamespot

The Definitive edition is coming out on the 29th in North America and in Europe on the 31st of August.

• Like 2

Good.

I bought it recently, was bored after less than an hour of playing even though I loved Shadow Of Mordor enough to make it my first platinum and play through it again a year later.

I am betting on the complete edition to pull me in and have me enjoy the game at least half as much as the first one.

53 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

And also these features.

• Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
  • Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
  • Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
  • Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
  • Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
  • Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
  • Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players’ Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
  • Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
  • Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
  • Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures
  • Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
  • Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.

Sources: VG247 and Gamespot

So, we've come to the point where the shit in bold is considered a "feature" now?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

So, we've come to the point where the shit in bold is considered a "feature" now?

Considering videogames industries nowadays, yes it is :(

Have you heard about Spyro Trilogy physical copy only including the first game on disc? That’s the same crap :( 

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

Considering videogames industries nowadays, yes it is :(

Have you heard about Spyro Trilogy physical copy only including the first game on disc? That’s the same crap :( 

Sounds like they're taking the same approach as all physical versions of Telltale games do. I guess collectors will still be fine with it, other than that I don't see the point of there being a physical version at all, if it's going to be half.arsed.

I was kinda curious about so much content on disc, but for all collectors:

"Warner Bros. notes that only the main game is included on the disc, and all content beyond that will require a download."

So, if you can grab a Gold edition cheap, go for it, it's the same as this Definitive, well Plus the steelbook :)

2 hours ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Good.

I bought it recently, was bored after less than an hour of playing even though I loved Shadow Of Mordor enough to make it my first platinum and play through it again a year later.

I am betting on the complete edition to pull me in and have me enjoy the game at least half as much as the first one.

I loved Shadow of Mordor too. Then I came back to play the second DLC after a 2.5 year break from finishing the Platinum and first DLC. Big mistake. I found that the game was tedious and boring after my time away, and I could barely bring myself to finish the story for the second DLC. All of the game's shortcomings were apparent when I came back to the second DLC. I wonder if you had a similar experience with playing Shadow of War. I feel like I've "been there, done that" with this franchise, and I think the sequel would feel like a boring slog for me at this point.

Still, it's cool that they're releasing a complete edition of the sequel.

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

I was kinda curious about so much content on disc, but for all collectors:

"Warner Bros. notes that only the main game is included on the disc, and all content beyond that will require a download."

So, if you can grab a Gold edition cheap, go for it, it's the same as this Definitive, well Plus the steelbook :)

Well all the data including the updates will be on the disc. So you'll still have to wait around for all the updates to install if you go with the gold edition. Which is better than the GOTY of Fallout 4 where they just bundle a DLC code, unlike Fallout 3 and New Vegas which had the content on a physical disc. What the hell happened there Bethesda? =/

10 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

Well all the data including the updates will be on the disc. So you'll still have to wait around for all the updates to install if you go with the gold edition. Which is better than the GOTY of Fallout 4 where they just bundle a DLC code, unlike Fallout 3 and New Vegas which had the content on a physical disc. What the hell happened there Bethesda? =/

Please, show where does it say that the disc includes everything but the season pass content. 

For what it seems at first glance it's just a repackage, I don't think that they will burn a new disc all patched just missing the season pass content due size limitations. 

With or without a code is the same, all the content that is not the main game needs to be downloaded.

I guess I need to adopt a policy of never buying a WB game until the definitive edition is released because I'm wasting money otherwise. Bought the bare bones version on sale but odds are the definitive edition will go for around  $30-$40 come the holidays

Edited by majob

9 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Saw the Gold Edition going for $60 on Amazon a few days ago. It's a damn good thing I waited to get this.

Wouldn't the gold edition come with everything? 

If not, then wow... How many editions will be released these days before we get a complete package.

But once again, waiting pays off immensely as usual!

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Wouldn't the gold edition come with everything? 

If not, then wow... How many editions will be released these days before we get a complete package.

But once again, waiting pays off immensely as usual!

Truth be told, I’m not sure. All I know is it comes with the base game and season pass. 

https://www.warnerbros.com/studio/news/warner-bros-interactive-entertainment-announces-“middle-earth-shadow-war-definitive

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition” will be available for $59.99. Please note that content beyond the main game is not pre-loaded on disc and requires an online connection to download.

Just a rebranding of the gold edition.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Truth be told, I’m not sure. All I know is it comes with the base game and season pass. 

Yes, the Gold edition has everything, all the patches removing Market and improving stuff is free for everybody that has regular editions.

Now I wasn't promoting Gold edition, I got it at 20 a few days ago, that's why i said if you find it cheap,  great, grab it.

Otherwise just wait for a drop in the Definitive edition. I highly doubt it to find it lower than 20 during black friday.

• Like 1

Just now, GoldenShaka said:

Yes, the Gold edition has everything, all the patches removing Market and improving stuff is free for everybody that has regular editions.

Now I wasn't promoting Gold edition, I got it at 20 a few days ago, that's why i said if you find it cheap,  great, grab it.

Otherwise just wait for a drop in the Definitive edition. I highly doubt it to find it lower than 20 during black friday.

That’s the plan. I can continue to wait on it. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Please, show where does it say that the disc includes everything but the season pass content. 

For what it seems at first glance it's just a repackage, I don't think that they will burn a new disc all patched just missing the season pass content due size limitations. 

With or without a code is the same, all the content that is not the main game needs to be downloaded.

It is a little vague on a second re-read of the sources I linked. On Gamespot it says: 'Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition packages the main game with the full Expansion Pass--which includes all paid DLC--and the free updates and improvements that have come out since release.' And the second source merely states all the additional content is included. These are both a little too vague as it could mean the content is on the disc, or is shipping with a code. I'd wait and see if more conclusive info comes out, or a member of the site or someone else plays it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...