Spyro 2 and Year of the Dragon not on Reignited Trilogy disc

MidnightDragon

"Games 2 and 3 require download via Internet."

Here's my speculation, it wouldn't just mean that the games need to be downloaded. It means that they require a download, which could mean anything, really. It's written like generic product terms of service which is shortened to draw as little attention to it as possible.

7 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

"Games 2 and 3 require download via Internet."

Here's my speculation, it wouldn't just mean that the games need to be downloaded. It means that they require a download, which could mean anything, really. It's written like generic product terms of service which is shortened to draw as little attention to it as possible.

Don't give yourself false hope. If this were true Activision would've come out by now and set this straight.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Doesn't affect me at all. Digital is the future and people need to get with the times. This shouldn't be a deciding factor for anyone looking to purchase this. 

I do agree with you partly, as i would buy it digital too. BUT if i'd buy a physical copy i want a physical copy and not a partly divided between both...

1 hour ago, GTA_Darren said:

This will not fuck pre-owned game sellers since it doesn't require code to download the other 2 games. This is just like those Season Pass disc from TellTale games.

Ohhh okay. Gotcha. Don't see the big deal then.

This is not about money or reselling... if you buy the used game, you can still play all 3 games, you just need to download the patch.

I wish they delay the physical version like some developers do. Digital is available at day one but if you want everything in the disk, you must wait some weeks to get it. When this happens, I don’t mind to wait.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Bring decent internet connection speeds to my country, then we'll talk.

Regardless of speeds, data caps exist too and I had to drop an extra $30 on my internet bill for my unlimited data. Not everyone can or wants to  make that same choice and that's why I hate the push for complete digital

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, majob said:

Regardless of speeds, data caps exist too and I had to drop an extra $30 on my internet bill for my unlimited data. Not everyone can or wants to  make that same choice and that's why I hate the push for complete digital

I just don't understand how they can't fit all of this onto one disc, or use a 2nd disc. The mega man x legacy collection uses 2 discs and only costs 39.99

if you buy a brand new game for $60 and beat it in a week you can resell it for $50 and have only spent $10 if i bought the physical copy. you cant do that digitally and those prices wont ever go down so long as game stores are selling games. i rarely buy any game digitally unless its under $15 usually because i know i cant resell them once im done.

Blu-ray discs are more than capable of containing the data needed for all three games, so I can't even imagine what their reason is for doing this. Either way, it's not acceptable. If I buy a physical copy of a game, it's perfectly reasonable to expect access to what I'm paying for on the disc itself. If you're going to make us download the majority of the content, what's even the point of releasing a physical version in the first place? It reminds me a lot of Telltale's physical releases which are basically just season passes in a box. So dumb...

I was going to get the game on day one, but I think I'll hold off on that now. I'll wait until the game gets cheaper.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I just don't understand how they can't fit all of this onto one disc, or use a 2nd disc. The mega man x legacy collection uses 2 discs and only costs 39.99

Speculation is that it's a rush job to release the game on the anniversary of the series

14 minutes ago, majob said:

Speculation is that it's a rush job to release the game on the anniversary of the series

On a side note, i didn't even remember they released the games all between 1998 and 2000. Three games in three years. It felt like an eternity back in the day lol (i mean the wait between Spyro 1 and 2 and 2 and 3, same for the Crash trilogy between 1996 and 1998)

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

I hate when people think like this. Just because you like digital doesn't mean everyone else does and should adjust to it. Physical media is and always will be big. Even DVDs are still made. Just let people enjoy their physical copies. 

While I see where you are coming from, that's just a flawed idea. Movies are complete when they are printed on a disc, most games are just in working condition when they release. It doesn't matter what game you play nowadays. Almost every single title requires a day one patch or a patch at a later time. The physical copy is generally buggy as hell if you're not downloading it, let alone not being able to play online. I'd be more behind physical copies if they actually saved you space on your PS4, but you're simply downloading the game off the disc.

48 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

if you buy a brand new game for $60 and beat it in a week you can resell it for $50 and have only spent $10 if i bought the physical copy. you cant do that digitally and those prices wont ever go down so long as game stores are selling games. i rarely buy any game digitally unless its under $15 usually because i know i cant resell them once im done.

And this is exactly why game developers need to incorporate microtransactions and season passes into games. Not a single penny GameStop makes off reselling that game is seen by a developer. It's no great mystery why game publishers want to push digital on people. 

With that said, I am not against physical copies or used copies, I just don't see the big deal with a day one patch. It's 2018, if you think day one patches are bad, wait til consoles just become streaming boxes.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

According to Twitter user Wario64, it looks like only the first Spyro game is on disc and you have to download Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1024746859170951168

Surely all three games could fit on the disc? :hmm: I did check the official site and they do say you have to download the other two games. No matter, still excited about it. :)

Well, aint that some bullshit. Three games can definitely fit on one disc. Look at Uncharted and Ultimate Ninja Storm. 

It’s possible game 2 & 3 weren’t completely finished a month before release date when putting the game on disc, while by the time they release digitally it will be done, so maybe they’re doing this as a way to not have to delay the game? That or it’s some kind of BS lol

2 hours ago, Empovyle said:

There's so much fear-mongering going on in this thread. It's not clear what this "content download" will be for. It could just be for bug-fixes, which is a good thing because that means we don't have to suffer through bugs on day-one. It could also be for extra polish that Toys for Bob couldn't push in before the game went gold, which is likely because Toys for Bob have proven to be a very respectable company thus far into development.

It's very unlikely that you will have to download the entirety of the sequels in order to play them.

Please everyone just wait until this situation is clarified before bashing the game or cancelling your preorders.

It doesn't matter what the "content download" is, whether it's the two full games or just a small 100KB unlock key, it's the fact that it's required in order to play a majority of the collection that's the issue. I get that it's not an issue for everyone and that's fine, but it is an issue for a subset of physical media consumers that want all the single-player content to be playable from the disc without ever downloading an update.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against day one patches and other further updates that improve performance and fix bugs, I just don't like them to be mandatory in order to play what is on the disc (or, in this case, what should be on the disc). It's also not the first time Activision has done something like this; Call of Duty: WWII last year required an update in order to play its single-player campaign.

• Like 2

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy went well but not Spyro the Reignited Trilogy?! Activision should of thought about this in the first place before announcing it and say Spyro the Dragon on Disc and requires 2/3 of Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 to download it from the ps store. But hey digital is there though.

Edited by Nexuds121

13 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

While I see where you are coming from, that's just a flawed idea. Movies are complete when they are printed on a disc, most games are just in working condition when they release. It doesn't matter what game you play nowadays. Almost every single title requires a day one patch or a patch at a later time. The physical copy is generally buggy as hell if you're not downloading it, let alone not being able to play online. I'd be more behind physical copies if they actually saved you space on your PS4, but you're simply downloading the game off the disc.

And this is exactly why game developers need to incorporate microtransactions and season passes into games. Not a single penny GameStop makes off reselling that game is seen by a developer. It's no great mystery why game publishers want to push digital on people. 

With that said, I am not against physical copies or used copies, I just don't see the big deal with a day one patch. It's 2018, if you think day one patches are bad, wait til consoles just become streaming boxes.

There is a big difference between a day one patch to fix bugs that have been found between the game going to the printers and release date and having to (possibly) download 66% of the advertised content in a physical edition.

12 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

It’s possible game 2 & 3 weren’t completely finished a month before release date when putting the game on disc, while by the time they release digitally it will be done, so maybe they’re doing this as a way to not have to delay the game? That or it’s some kind of BS lol

Do you remember Dead Island: Definitive Edition that had one game on disc and one voucher code for the other 2 years ago?