This game just doesn't acknowledge females

fbdbh

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

Lol calm down, was just a comment related to this small detail said in an ironic way, learn some respect before even reply to me 1f624.png. You love them, i hate them, but i didn't say anything like fuck EA 1f612.png.

Okay:

1. I'm super calm, thanks.
  2. I don't know you so I don't owe you any respect.  What I said however was in no way disrespectful.
  3. I don't love EA, never said I did.
  4. You might have well said Fuck EA, but you didn't and I never said you did.
2 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

EA is also on the forefront of fucking people and developers over. 

Okay, but that's not what this thread is about so... what's your point?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I'm glad to see most of you haven't had an SJW mentality to this. If this little thing ruins a game for you, I think gaming might not be for you. It's really fucking stupid to see SJWs bitch about all this stuff. Next you'll say women have less rights than men and so on, but at least when they say that someone has raped them it ruins the rapist's life, unlike when a man gets raped by a woman and is laughed at for it. Either way, I'm not surprised to see a thread like this pop up, SJWs are trying to bitch about everything and threads like this rather ruin the credibility of feminism instead of helping it, since the minority who speaks against these things are ruining it for the people who actually care about women's rights. Gaming is the one thing right now that hasn't fully been catered to for the SJWs who bitch about everything and I hope it stays that way. I bet you wouldn't be bitching if they were calling men "lady" in the game the whole time. 

What's wrong with being an "SJW"? Do you not fucking care about equality and the LGBTQIA+ community? Sometimes, I'm appalled by the responses I see in threads on PSNProfiles. It seems to me that many members of PSNProfiles do not understand how the patriarchy and heteronormativity are marginalizing people of color and women by not acknowledging that representation of diversity in media IS, in fact, a WONDERFUL thing. I can't wait until social justice activists win this battle and oust all of the homophobes, fascists, and racists that have been dominating the gaming industry for decades. 

Edited by Captain Mahvel

4 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

People that get offended by stupid shit like this is what's wrong with the world today. This is seriously the stupidest thread I have seen yet. I hope it gets locked soon.

for once I agree with you. Why is this even a thread? 

6 minutes ago, Captain Mahvel said:

What do you mean? If you can't handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen. Social justice will prevail in the end. 

not everything will be settled the way you want it to be.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

People that get offended by stupid shit like this is what's wrong with the world today. This is seriously the stupidest thread I have seen yet. I hope it gets locked soon.

I agree. I’m all for everyone having rights but when you have to complain about every little thing it is no better than a kindergarten playground. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

It's not stupid shit, it's letting our fellow trophy hunters know that women deserve to be respected and liberated from the oppressive patriarchy 

25 minutes ago, Captain Mahvel said:

It's not stupid shit, it's letting our fellow trophy hunters know that women deserve to be respected and liberated from the oppressive patriarchy 

I shall now quote Kumiko Yamada from the Women's Institute of Contemporary Media Culture

“There is nothing to be gained from regulating fictional sexual violence. However, while you're trying to fix the rights of fictional characters, you're leaving the human rights of real women in the real world left to rot. "

Focus more on real people instead of digital code?

For anyone that wants to read her entire statement

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/03/03/japanese-response-to-un-proposed-ban-for-media-depicting-sexual-violence-is-cogent-and-sane/

• Like 2

Just now, fbdbh said:

It seems that I'm very competent at generating comments -_-

A lot of users, that's the only reason for such situations, just like fb. You can find in any moment someone converting a discussion into something like this ?

12 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I shall now quote Kumiko Yamada from the Women's Institute of Contemporary Media Culture

“There is nothing to be gained from regulating fictional sexual violence. However, while you're trying to fix the rights of fictional characters, you're leaving the human rights of real women in the real world left to rot. "

Focus more on real people instead of digital code?

For anyone that wants to read her entire statement

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/03/03/japanese-response-to-un-proposed-ban-for-media-depicting-sexual-violence-is-cogent-and-sane/

Well quoting an expert's opinion ends up as anecdotal evidence and it's insufficient when trying to prove a point. 

I could just as easily argue that if the objective is to reduce sexual violence, one can start by reducing exposure from the media and video games are a form of media. 

By the way, it may seem that I'm trying to be a SJW but I actually couldn't care less about what devs did when they created this game. I'm just trying to say that quoting an expert's opinion is an argumentative fallacy and cannot be really used as evidence for something. 

Oh and that dude is 100% trolling xD

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fbdbh said:

What the hell is with this game?

My character is female, and I'm constantly bombarded with comments like "dude", "bro", "man", "ouch the nuts!"... really? And ALL the preset skaters are male. This is beyond ridiculous. 

Am I the only one bothered by this?

You've got a valid point here.  If you've got an option to play as different characters, it's not too much to ask that the game offers a reasonable range of choices and also acknowledges whatever choice you've made.  I've seen people complain about much sillier things than this without getting a bunch of push-back for doing so.