Crazy scores in challenges?!

Basti8592

There are constantly people with insanely high scores in the daily and weekly challenges. I'm not necessarily talking about the "being fast" or "getting the Lums as quickly as possible", but when it comes to running as far as possible there are people with more than a thousand (!) kilometers, which just seems insane to me. I'm not saying these records aren't legit, but I keep wondering how one would come to grind this out within a single day. It often takes me more than 3-4 minutes to get 1 km in these challenges, only after practicing the run repeatedly for 15-20 mins.

OR are these records just a glitch on the leaderboard? 

Any thoughts? 

• Like 1

As someone who is currently working on the daily and weekly challenges for this game I check the scores daily... usually. I think they are doing it legit to be honest. Just a few weeks ago I saw a "Go As Far As You Can" score with first place having 255km and thought it was bullshit. I then found a video of the person who did it and was surprised. It is hard to get great scores on a lot of the challenges, but after some time there is a lot of repeat obstacles that aren't too hard. (I dislike the dojo challenges though). My final thoughts are gratz to them for investing so much time to get those scores unlike the hackers that we come across on other game leaderboards.

• Like 3

A bit frustrating competing with people who love the game.

There should be a challenge for non Diamod Cup winners. Once you get a Diamond Cup you are banned from entering that event.

Waiting for a glitch than happens somewhere 1k and below. Can't get to 4k level.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

I like this game but the challenges are just too much. I mostly get 50/50 bronze and silver and rarely gold. I'm curently still at awesomess 8. reaching 15 will probably be next year for me. Even though i play a lot.

I dont get why people would even run such lengts. ur progress gets wiped anyway after a day/week.

7 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

I like this game but the challenges are just too much. I mostly get 50/50 bronze and silver and rarely gold. I'm curently still at awesomess 8. reaching 15 will probably be next year for me. Even though i play a lot.

I dont get why people would even run such lengts. ur progress gets wiped anyway after a day/week.

After beating the game meanwhile doing daily challenges, you'll be at the beginning of level 10 (barely 4000), reach the next one and the trophy, need others 2000 points. You don't need to reach level 15.

1 hour ago, dr-peeeso said:

After beating the game meanwhile doing daily challenges, you'll be at the beginning of level 10 (barely 4000), reach the next one and the trophy, need others 2000 points. You don't need to reach level 15.

Oh my bad, its 11. Still a lot though. And i've already beaten the main game.

It took me probably 3 months of playing 10 minutes after work. Its a dull grind but at least its not too time consuming each day as long as you dont go crazy over getting all golds and platinums. Every now and then id just say screw it and keep the bronze and go play something else.

Here's a playlist of me doing most of the Diamond Cups I got. It's really not that difficult! :P

PLAYLIST

The last diamond cup I got. Didn't even need it. I ended up at like 39 Diamond Cups  or something.

2018_08_03_13h35_45.png

What is annoying about that plat time is that I was like 2-3 days away from platinum when I went on a vacation for 3 weeks... So yeah, it's not that difficult to get the plat in a month. :P 

And to those who just think this is bragging videos or some shit, read the description of the videos. The description usually contain some kind of guide or tips for the challenge. Learn the tricks and how to approach the levels, and you'll get gold every time, and sometimes even diamond.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

There are cheaters out there for sure (probably less on PS4 compared to PS3 though) but a ton of the people are legit and basically just obsessed and for the speed cups basically mastered a lot of techniques. The real problem with the system has always been that it's % based rather than some specific time so those few people who have mastered stuff over a long period of time will keep getting diamond cups while others will rarely get them. Especially so once playerbase dwindles.

• 2 weeks later...

Those typical 300km+ on a pit distance is cheated, using the 'murphy reset glitch' basically changing the challenge to some sort of a 'Keep Your PS4 On' 'As Long As You Can' challenge

For other challenges like normal dailies & weeklies dojo & land speed, the toppers use coop to get insanely fast/high results (im not saying thats cheating but for the basic idea of someone grabbing 700 lums in a dojo timed isnt possible solo) 

All the other challenges are just skill

On 3.8.2018 at 3:34 AM, Kishnabe said:

There should be a challenge for non Diamod Cup winners. Once you get a Diamond Cup you are banned from entering that event.

Ubisoft could solve the problem of high skilled people slowing down others on their way to awesomeness level 11 by either changing the percentages for cups from 1 % for diamond to 2-3 %, or by excluding them from the ranking with the following scenario: If 100 people participate, only the 1st person gets a diamond. But if s/he already was lvl 11, s/he could still receive his diamond, but the next person in line without lvl 11 would receive one too too. Thereby the best 1 % who aren't lvl 11 already could gain up on diamond cups much easier and you wouldn't be punished by having to compete with people, that are 3-4 years of skills ahead of you. 

But I assume the game has been out for too long and they won't introduce changes anymore. 

10 hours ago, DJ_AdruA said:

Those typical 300km+ on a pit distance is cheated, using the 'murphy reset glitch' basically changing the challenge to some sort of a 'Keep Your PS4 On' 'As Long As You Can' challenge

But what would they achieve from this, if they are already lvl 11 awesomeness? I don't see a point in gaming the system with glitches if there is literally nothing you can gain from it. A high percentage of the people achieving these crazy lengths are already way past 6000 points, so I don't see any reasons apart from doing it legit and for one's own self esteem, but I don't know.

On 3.8.2018 at 1:36 PM, MMDE said:

Here's a playlist of me doing most of the Diamond Cups I got. It's really not that difficult! :P

PLAYLIST

The last diamond cup I got. Didn't even need it. I ended up at like 39 Diamond Cups  or something.

2018_08_03_13h35_45.png

What is annoying about that plat time is that I was like 2-3 days away from platinum when I went on a vacation for 3 weeks... So yeah, it's not that difficult to get the plat in a month. :P 

And to those who just think this is bragging videos or some shit, read the description of the videos. The description usually contain some kind of guide or tips for the challenge. Learn the tricks and how to approach the levels, and you'll get gold every time, and sometimes even diamond.

Congratulations on the platinum! I'm 1 month in an at 19 diamond cups, 8 through multiplayer. But there are just some mechanics in the game I don't seem to be physically and mentally capable of pulling off. For example, I see people ground-pounding onto the vines and being catapulted somehow. Others can pull off rolling techniques like they've come from a family of stones. 

But I love the Dojo challenges, they are the only ones I've constantly gotten diamonds for. Nevertheless, 1 % for a diamond feels really unbalanced depending on the mode you're playing. Some challenges attract way more people and make it much easier to achieve a diamond compared to others.

19 minutes ago, Basti8592 said:

Congratulations on the platinum! I'm 1 month in an at 19 diamond cups, 8 through multiplayer. But there are just some mechanics in the game I don't seem to be physically and mentally capable of pulling off. For example, I see people ground-pounding onto the vines and being catapulted somehow. Others can pull off rolling techniques like they've come from a family of stones. 

But I love the Dojo challenges, they are the only ones I've constantly gotten diamonds for. Nevertheless, 1 % for a diamond feels really unbalanced depending on the mode you're playing. Some challenges attract way more people and make it much easier to achieve a diamond compared to others.

Check the playlist! I get many diamonds from just speedrunning levels. However, there's a 2 player trick where the 2 player holds up on the controller, which allows you to get an insane boost at the start, making it quite unfair to compete with.

It's not impossible however, as you can see in the video above.

^ Read my reply to a comment on that video for how exactly I did that run.

^ :) Has a fellow forum member @StrickenBiged as ghost in it!

^ Climbing fast, had the most trouble with these, but there you go, a diamond cup time. Just had to find a shortcut.

Look at how much faster the ghosts are than me! :( I think they did the super start trick. I also didn't do any great tricks, still got diamond time.

Edited by MMDE

@Basti8592 they can have their own reasons, maybe they want that '#1' spot? Maybe they wanna rack on km's for the overall 'distance' leaderboards? Idk... They're not all trophy hunters

And the rest of the challenges can be diamonded quite doably, i started this since february/march and can grab diamonds on pretty much anything with the skills I acquired, I also regularly upload videos if I liked a challenge, or when I beat my pr on distances

U actually only need a correct 'mindset' for a top 10% spot on most of them, the rest is done purely by learning methods

@DJ_AdruA Top 10 % isn't a problem, neither is getting golds constantly. It's the 1 % that bugs me. I normally end up in the top 2-3 % spheres, but that's still nowhere near a diamond. It just seems that the right "mindset" won't help me master the mechanics necessary to compete with these guys.

50 minutes ago, Basti8592 said:

@DJ_AdruA Top 10 % isn't a problem, neither is getting golds constantly. It's the 1 % that bugs me. I normally end up in the top 2-3 % spheres, but that's still nowhere near a diamond. It just seems that the right "mindset" won't help me master the mechanics necessary to compete with these guys.

True, top 10% is super easy. It's that last 9% that is the big difference.

2 hours ago, DJ_AdruA said:

@Basti8592 they can have their own reasons, maybe they want that '#1' spot? Maybe they wanna rack on km's for the overall 'distance' leaderboards? Idk... They're not all trophy hunters

And the rest of the challenges can be diamonded quite doably, i started this since february/march and can grab diamonds on pretty much anything with the skills I acquired, I also regularly upload videos if I liked a challenge, or when I beat my pr on distances.

Also, these guys do it just for fun. They compete with each other. You got in-game leaderboards. I think you're even awarded with "VIP" if you do well enough.

Get as far as you can is the easiest diamond cup though:

Edited by MMDE

@Basti8592 you could check out some pro's their vids on youtube, some of them upload them pretty much daily

I do too, like for this day's daily

Was gonna upload extreme too but i'm kinda in a hassle today xD

@MMDE distances are indeed the easiest, after 1400m/900m the repetitive parts come, once learned those u can basically diamond any of them xD

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 7:36 AM, MMDE said:

While I think calling diamond cups 'not that difficult' is completely untrue, since they are very difficult (judging by the percentage of successes alone), I applaud you for the videos.  You're very good at this game.

10 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

While I think calling diamond cups 'not that difficult' is completely untrue, since they are very difficult (judging by the percentage of successes alone), I applaud you for the videos.  You're very good at this game.

When you get almost one in average per day (remember 2 extra chances from weekly per week), I can't say they are that difficult. Put in the effort, learn the tricks and you'll do really well. I can definitely understand not getting many diamonds, but gold is piss easy. If some effort put into it, you'll likely get like 1-5 diamonds too. 5 is the same as 25 golds, so definitely worth something.