Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

Quite detailed. I got 13/20 on Zombie Boy, but that was mostly luck based. I need to keep practicing. Thankfully greenzsaber's website is online again. Sir Knight Surefire Tactics' guide on Zombie Boy was very well explained except for the last two levels. But that's not his fault for the technical issues.

EDIT: Zombie Boy is mine after 7 days of intensity. Impossible Boy is all that's left.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 1

With Zombie Boy unlocked, I somehow managed to beat all levels in the Cotton Alley Dark World in one sitting. Though I died a thousand times, I now know that I can obtain Impossible Boy through practice. A lot of practice.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 2

Hey OP I appreciate ur tips n links, I watched the guy talking about dark salt factory n with a day's practice I managed to get the missile boy trophy today, so yay :)

I wonder how many days of practice the harder ones will need..... Lol, I'm gonna give it a try tho! 

• Like 1

You could try learning the levels in small bursts like I did. What I mean by that is picking 3 levels at a time and only playing those levels over and over again until you feel like you have mastered them and can get through them without dying 90+% of the time. Than you would pick another 3 or 4 levels and only practice those ones and so on. After you have that done with the harder levels in the world you could try grouping the different sets together and maybe that could led to getting a run/attempt at the trophy and maybe even unlocking it. Hope it helps and good luck.       

• Like 1

Finally got Demon Boy. It took me a lot longer than I would of liked but those damn hell maws enemy are the worst for me. The Gish strats for 4-8x and 4-19x that are in SirKnights videos are  not worth doing to much effort. It was easy for me to use kid or meat boy. 

2 hours ago, ZachSmoke said:

Finally got Demon Boy. It took me a lot longer than I would of liked but those damn hell maws enemy are the worst for me. The Gish strats for 4-8x and 4-19x that are in SirKnights videos are  not worth doing to much effort. It was easy for me to use kid or meat boy. 

Congrats. Demon Boy is quite the achievement. Zombie Boy and Girl Boy are much harder than Demon Boy but I'm sure you can get them with dedication and practice. Impossible Boy is kicking my ass but I managed to beat all 20 levels twice despite dying a thousand times. 7-2X, 7-14X, 7-15X and 7-19X are the worst.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Blazhead said:

Hey thanks for that, i have trouble with the level 3, 18 and 20 of the 3 Dark, for 20th level is the first missile :(

3-3X - Use Ogmo.

3-18X - Use Flywrench. Trust me. Using Flywrench made the level easier if you know how to use him.

3-20X - Try not to jump immediately when the missile fires. Time your jumps.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 7:59 PM, Bos10George said:

The great thing about this game is no online trophies so it can sit on my backlog list for eternity. My tombstone will read "Super Meat Boy: 'I'll get to it one day'"

Lol. Agreed.

Edited by DJY8898

52 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Says the guy with Trials Fusion, Sine Mora and a bunch of other hard games that could rival Super Meat Boy in difficulty.

52 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Says the guy with Trials Fusion, Sine Mora and a bunch of other hard games that could rival Super Meat Boy in difficulty.

Ughhhhh Trials Fusion. That game kicked my ass hard. Its much worse.

I only get shit done though dedicated practice though. I played for a little each day when doing SMB. I found if I sat for more than an hour with it, I would end up getting pissed off and got worse.

7 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Ughhhhh Trials Fusion. That game kicked my ass hard. Its much worse.

I only get shit done though dedicated practice though. I played for a little each day when doing SMB. I found if I sat for more than an hour with it, I would end up getting pissed off and got worse.

Is it weird that I enjoyed the rage i got from Trials Fusion. I got it done after months of practice but the feeling of conquering that game :) KaKrackle is a inspiration for us all! KaKrackle get Crypt done will ya? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZachSmoke said:

Is it weird that I enjoyed the rage i got from Trials Fusion. I got it done after months of practice but the feeling of conquering that game :) KaKrackle is a inspiration for us all! KaKrackle get Crypt done will ya? 

Hahaha that might be the nicest yhinh anyones ever said to me . Appreciate it man ?.

Im no inspiration though.... Im just highly persistent. 

By the way. The answer yo your question is yes. Yes it’s weird you enjoyed the rage lol.

By the way. The answer to your question is yes. Yes it’s weird you enjoyed the rage lol.

Very useful guide there, i've tried picking up small tips and tricks here and there. I'm going straight for the Impossible boy trophy, why? Because you can change characters on the other levels, so why not use the character you've used mostly through the game when you still are very used to the controls. Also because you'll be done with the hardest part, so only easier levels from there.

That being said, i'm on my 4th or 5th day of going for this no death run, unfortunately there's about 8 hard levels for me (7-1x, 7-2x, 7-8x, 7-9x, 7-13x, 7-14x 7-19x and 7-20x)

7-1x is hard because of the bottom part. The transition between the top and bottom is easy, because you can run at full speed, hit the wall and quickly turn the other way. This only failed once, because i was barely too fast.

Spoiler

7-2x Only hard part is the transition between bottom and top, best way i've found to do this is to make sure you hit the last part of the "roof" when the saw hits the wall. Then jump away from the wall while holding the direction against it. I might also jump a bit different from everyone else, I hold run all the time, then when the saws comes i press the direction against it and jump at the same time and i release them around the same time also.

Spoiler

7-8x I do the same as almost all guides. I quickly jump at the start, quickly jump over, then i wait for one of the blobs to hit the left black line, i jump to the middle and does 3 jumps between them before i go all the way.

Spoiler

7-9x One of the most difficult ones, because the timing is so hard to get down and if not i quickly hit the saws or the salt by accident. At times it worked to go away from the wall, when you hit the top of the background buildings.

Spoiler

7-13x I've started to get used to this, I only do the left skip at the very top the rest i do by sliding up the walls and not doing any double jumps on them until the end.

Spoiler

7-14x Feels very random, but i think i've started to get used to this also. Due to the layout going right or left doesn't matter, best to go by preference, i go right at this. Before today i stopped running for the rest of the level once i hit the highest block, this resulted in hitting the blocks above me too early most of the time or i ran of the edge. But now i hit the run button once i hit the middle platform, then i jump at the edge, quickly turns around and i stop moving, i've had much success with this lately.

Spoiler

7-19x Overall not very hard, it's just easy to mess up at the very end. For the start i don't rush, i only go when i can go at full speed and jump on every other platform without crashing into a wall. The end should be easy once you get the right rhythm, i also tend to slow down a bit on my rhythm on the 2 last jumps (the very last doesn't have a gap above).

Spoiler

7-20x Probably my worst level, even though i let the saws pass me, by squeezing between them. My most successful way is standing between the furthest right saws and letting the right side of bandage girl stay parallel to the thin grey line on the blocks where the saw gap are. Otherwise the section with the small saws get me most of the time. Just watch out for a 2nd set of saws if you take too long.

Spoiler

The next set of medium difficulty levels (7-3x, 7-10x, 7-11x, 7-12x, 7-15x, 7-16x, 7-17x, 7-18x), none of them are very difficult but can quickly mess you up.

7-3x I do the only right wall strategy, i jump and slide on the wall once the left saw is on it's top point, once it passes me i jump upwards, not really stopping until one of the saws are about to hit me and i need to wait for it to pass, after this i quickly jump the rest bit without stopping.

Spoiler

7-10x Not really hard, but one false move can ruin everything. At the start i run into the wall, the quickly i change direction once hitting it, the i run into the breakable wall and jump over the missile behind me. When hitting the next wall, i slide up it, waiting for it to fire, then i do 3 jumps back and forth the last of them i wait for it to fire, then i quickly change side and jump up. I run into the breakable wall and jumps over the missile behind me, then i run for the edge and quickly turns once i hit the wall. Again i run into the breakable wall and jumps over the missile behind me and also the one in front once it fires, then i jump and barely slide on the wall in front of me until the missile above fires, the i jump quickly back and forth. From now on i don't jump at all, i only run towards the breakable walls until they disappear.

Spoiler

7-11x Easy level if you skip the saws, but i've messed up once or twice on a 11/20 run because of it. I'll not guarantee it'll work, but it seems to me, if you jump over the first wall and slide up the 2nd at least so the splatter reaches the same height as the floor behind it and you jump as far as you can at about 3,2x-3,4x, then you should be able to get behind it. The rest should be easy from here on out, but a 2nd set will spawn if you take too long.

Spoiler

7-12x Nothing too hard, except the small gaps. (messed up a 11/20 run because of them). The part until the key should be easy. Once you get it, the easiest way i've found is to jump away with the run button and hit the side of the wall below you. the rest is all about timing.

Spoiler

7-15x Easy if you get the right pattern, this level is also symmetric so it doesn't matter which side you go on. I start by doing a long jump right, the a small wall jump so i hit the lower part of the wall above, right before hitting the key i release the run button for about 0,5 sec and hit it again. Then i quickly jump up the opposite wall, if done right the "maw" will hit the small block above you. Then it's all about having the right timing, to make them hit the same block until the cages are unlocked, once they are run towards the middle without jumping and it should send you right in.

Spoiler

7-16x Probably the level i've trained the least. Not to bad if you exit the level before falling or hitting the saws. but still there's the chance of suddenly messing up.

Spoiler

7-17x Generally a easy level if you know the pattern, but still with the timing a little off you'll quickly mess up. At the start i do a medium jump to another one, i jump one the right wall and quickly to the left above, waiting for the diagonal missile above to pass. Then there's a little safe zone, i wait for the ground missile (left to right) then i jump over it and once the diagonal missile next to me has hit the ground i run until the ground missile nearly hits me then i jump over it, move to the next safe zone once it's safe and once all missiles has past i go for the finish (hardest part, if not done quick enough you'll get hit)

Spoiler

7-18x At some point this was very hard, now i've got an almost guaranteed easy strategy. At the beginning jump between the monsters, jump on the wall and over them, back to the middle same on the other side, through them, then over and between the middle of all of them. Now collect them all in the same place by using the wall to circle around them, and just the ground when they're low enough. Now go for the key, once getting it collect them all if the start to separate. After this make them follow you to a wall, then do wall jump until you reach the top, then bail. If done right they won't bother you for the rest of the level.

Spoiler

Last but not least the rest (7-4x, 7-5x, 7-6x, 7-7x)

7-4x Go right, do 2 wall jumps and then make sure you get past the saw, then jump top the top edge of that wall. Once there change walls, and jump right back, do one jump and dodge a saw, another quick jump and dodge another. Jump on top of the wall you're on and wait until either the middle saw has gone up and back down or the 2 below you to nearly reach you, then go for it.

Spoiler

7-5x I found this to be the easiest if you do it quickly, at the start do some quick long jumps over the enemies. Once at the next room jump to the middle platform (only time you'll need to use it) then between the enemies and you'll land below the furthest right. If done right you can now do long jumps over or between all the remaining enemies. (the finish time should be around 21-23 sec this way)

Spoiler

7-6x Go left doing full button press jumps, then switch sides once your between the 2 saws, jump over the one above (you might not want to to a full button press on this one, depends on the landing) now go right-left-right, a little less then a full press on some, you don't want to hit the middle saw above you. Jump up on the side you're on to the shrinking walls, and do a full press to reach the other side, then go back and forth until you reach the top.

Spoiler

7-7x Easiest level, but also so easy to mess up. In the background from where you start there's a line between 2 blocks to your right, make sure you stand with the right side of the body is not touching the white area of the block while the dark is completely gone (has to be pixel perfect). If done right you'll go right to the top, if not you die in the saw or you won't gain any height on the 2nd fan.

Spoiler

Didn't intend to do this, but seems like i wrote myself a little guide for these levels.

Day 2-3 best 6/20

Day 3-4 best 8/20

Day 4-5 best 11/20

Hopefully it'll be done soon.

Edited by OJ9999vr
Added videos showing my path
  • Like 4

Update: 

Again thanks to the OP for the great tips, and watching the tutorials from the guy I had never heard of, sir knight, I find very useful.

The update is today I got DEMON BOY, yay :D

Last nite after readin n watchin the stuff, I had a run through of each level to give my own personal rating like vile, vile/medium, medium, medium/easy, easy, to make my own personal order of execution. Then I gave it about an hour of tryin the iron man runs. Today I been tryin most the day, after mayb 6 hours I gave in for the nite. N had a 2 hour break watched a film n shit. Then I got the itch.. Goin but I kno I can do it! N turned SMB back on.. N within 15 mins demon boy went POP! ace lol. Funny how things work out isn't it! 

Anyway onwards to the harder runs.... :S

• Like 2

On 8/20/2018 at 8:48 AM, OJ9999vr said:

Didn't intend to do this, but seems like i wrote myself a little guide for these levels.

Day 2-3 best 6/20

Day 3-4 best 8/20

Day 4-5 best 11/20

Hopefully it'll be done soon.

You've written a very detailed guide for Impossible Boy. Thanks for that. Sadly, your chances of getting it are much higher than mine. I'm on Day 7 and the furthest I've gone without dying is 2/20. I'm just too clumsy. On the other hand, levels such as 7-10X, 7-15X, 7-18X and 7-19X are becoming less of a threat.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 2