Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

1 hour ago, postofficebuddy said:

Girl Boy done! Level order was 20, 19, 6-18, 1-5. Not even remotely what I would consider a clean run but it got the job done. I’ll upload a video clip once I get home from work. I was a bundle of nerves during the last 5 levels. 7-3 in particular was horrible. I had choked there 5 times previously. 

Congrats!  I also got it done around an hour ago haha.  My run went 1, 19, 20, 2-13, 15-18, 14.  After my choke on 18 yesterday I made sure to do 14 last.  Similaryl, I was also a nervous wreck doing this and it was defo not clean.  Look forward to bitching about Impossible Boy with you :D

• Like 2

@Deano1337 Heh heh thanks. And hopefully we’re not bitching about it for too long. Here’s that Girl Boy video I mentioned earlier. The first 15 seconds of level 20 got cut off unfortunately but you can see all levels completed. Skip ahead about a minute when you get to the replay for 18. I had to step away for a moment to settle my nerves. My performance in 3 is pathetic. All I could think about was the 5 times I had choked there previously. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

@Deano1337 Heh heh thanks. And hopefully we’re not bitching about it for too long. Here’s that Girl Boy video I mentioned earlier. The first 15 seconds of level 20 got cut off unfortunately but you can see all levels completed. Skip ahead about a minute when you get to the replay for 18. I had to step away for a moment to settle my nerves. My performance in 3 is pathetic. All I could think about was the 5 times I had choked there previously. 

Could tell you were getting nervous in 3 & 5, but it's an amazing job well done!

I took a few runs through dark world this morning, thankfully a lot of the levels I could categorise as "easy", but I know that 19x will be an absolute bitch.  I'll get a few of my runs uploaded now just for comparisons sake - it's interesting to see how you did level 15 for example - way different than what I did.

• Like 2

Here's my Girl Boy run as promised.  I uploaded my other runs too so I've left the links under the Girl Boy video.

Zombie Boy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLtdLd2rqa8

Maggot Boy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM-0gGPfE9w

Missile Boy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqc4HIGVHrI
Salt Boy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvnyG_vOcPU
Blood Clot Boy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qorFwpe9HA8

• Like 2

Some thoughts on Impossible Boy so far... After playing through the world a few times, I'm noticing that the trick to a lot of levels, namely 14/15/19 and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head, is pure speed & precision.  That's the only difficulty in them.  After some practice these do become a lot easier, but I certainly feel that muscle memory plays a massive part in this run.

Interestingly, I found 16 extremely easy compared to the light world version.  I also don't appear to be struggling that much on 19 (watch me eat my words). 

I've managed a streak of 5 so far, 1-5 so feeling positive.  Noticed an interesting trick in 10 as well, where if you time a jump right you can jump straight behind the moving saw blades and it makes the level a 0/10 for difficulty, but the jump is tricky.  Can't see any videos about it so I'll see if I can share a video of it next time I play.  Most inconsistent level so far is Salt Shaker which I expected.

• Like 1

I was planning to take a big break but I couldn’t resist booting up the game again. So here I am practicing Girl Boy. After about an hour I can beat all levels pretty consistently already except one: 7-16. I hated this level when going for I’m a Golden God and I still hate it now. 

Any tips? Do I hold the Run button all the time? I’m trying to maintain balance in the centre by quickly pressing left right and when getting close to a sawblade I try to get more to the edge. 

Now luckily it’s easy to use the exit map exploit for this level but I don’t want to spend 10 minutes every time trying to beat this level ?.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, postofficebuddy said:

There’s a cheating scumbag way to do salt shaker that involves extremely heavy pause abuse. You still need to know exactly how to line things up even if you do it that way though. BTW, in case you couldn’t tell I was being sarcastic when I said it was cheating. 

Interesting!  Haha no way could anyone cheat in this anyway, I reckon even cheesing levels takes just as much skill as actually beating them.  At the minute I'm trying to find a way of always hitting the magic pixel so that way I only need to worry about 19 levels lol.

6 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I was planning to take a big break but I couldn’t resist booting up the game again. So here I am practicing Girl Boy. After about an hour I can beat all levels pretty consistently already except one: 7-16. I hated this level when going for I’m a Golden God and I still hate it now. 

Any tips? Do I hold the Run button all the time? I’m trying to maintain balance in the centre by quickly pressing left right and when getting close to a sawblade I try to get more to the edge. 

Now luckily it’s easy to use the exit map exploit for this level but I don’t want to spend 10 minutes every time trying to beat this level 1f601.png.

My only tip for this is to try and do what @postofficebuddy said above in that you try to move to the left/right of the centre and getting yourself a bit of a boost.  You should see me doing that in my video - takes a bit of time to get into a rythem but once you do you'll wonder how you ever failed :P  And as postofficebuddy said, if you can get a bit of height on the second set of saw blades you can just go over the last 2, and there's an invisible wall under the platform where meatboy is so if you undershoot it you can save yourself :)

• Like 2

Yeah. I practiced that level for one hour straight. That’s about as much time as I practiced all other levels combined and I’m still getting nowhere. I can beat it, but it takes me so many attempts it sucks the fun out of attempting it. I guess I’ll study some video’s and see what I’m doing wrong here...

• Like 1

Ugh, just had my first run past 10 levels complete. I was feeling kind of hopeful since the back half isn’t nearly as hard as the front half but I flinched on Masterblaster and got blown up. Level order was 19, 20, 8, 14, 1, 6, 13, 15, 2, 11, 10. Honestly this was a fluke of a run. I’m still not very consistent at 1, 8 or 14. 

• Like 1

I haven't had a run with 10 yet, my best is 6. I'm much better at 14 now but the timing for 15 is still too much and I'm only getting it once every like 3/4 tries.  From playing it earlier this is how I'd rank the easy/med/hard ones for myself based on how many times I'm dying in each one.  A majority are listed as 'easy' since I only die once or twice on them,

1 - medium, 2 - easy, 3 - easy, 4 - easy, 5- easy, 6 - easy, 7 - easy, 8 - hard, 9 - medium, 10 - easy, 11 - easy, 12 - easy, 13 - medium, 14 - medium, 15 - hard, 16 - medium, 17 - easy, 18 - easy, 19 - hard, 20 - hard.

Interestingly, I just found this which should hopefully help with level 8 .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6yBdSuVXGE 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Booster92BG said:

It looks like it is Girl Boy week, because i just got the trophy!

Waiting for BakkerJ to join us soon 1f642.png

My level order was: #7 #6 #1 #12 #13 #19 #20 #18 #10 #11 #8 #9 #16 #17 #2 #3 #4 #5 #14 #15

And here is a vid:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c15PcRgmYEY

Congrats!

Well, I first need to practice 16 a lot ?. It still takes me minutes to beat it and that’s just boring. I game pretty far away from the tv, and tonight I played a little bit sitting closer and now I can actually see the gravity orb outline which makes it already a lot easier. It makes 7, one of the harder ones for me, easier too because I can now see when I actually get into the fan. So far I played this game pure on muscle memory but I guess that’s not going to cut it anymore. I’ll sit a bit closer to the tv from now on ?.

And I’ve gotten up with a strategy on my own for 15 but that’s not very consistent and I rush through 5 which sometimes results in a death. Need to find some safer strategies for those levels. I’ll watch some Girl Boy video’s.

Should be able to get it this week if I put some hours into it.

• Like 3

Aha! ?

I finally found a much better way to get through 7-16. Left analog stick! I play SMB with the D Pad but on those gravity orbs you have much more grip and manouvrability with the analog stick. Makes the level so much easier.

Found a much more consistent way through 7-15 too.

A little bit more practice and I can start going for some Girl Boy runs...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Aha! 1f4a1.png

I finally found a much better way to get through 7-16. Left analog stick! I play SMB with the D Pad but on those gravity orbs you have much more grip and manouvrability with the analog stick. Makes the level so much easier.

Found a much more consistent way through 7-15 too.

A little bit more practice and I can start going for some Girl Boy runs...

7-15 was the easiest level for me, and thats why i saved it for my latest. Check my strat if you like for the level. Its pretty consistent and secure imo!

For 7-16 I will add a pic to show when i start moving left to gain momentum. Basically you need to move left (away) from the orb when the gravity orb reach the middle of the two dots of the line that the orb is moving. (check the pic)

soMhwhI.jpg

And yes, moving closer to the TV helped me a lot, especially for level 19 and 20!

Good luck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Booster92BG said:

7-15 was the easiest level for me, and thats why i saved it for my latest. Check my strat if you like for the level. Its pretty consistent and secure imo!

For 7-16 I will add a pic to show when i start moving left to gain momentum. Basically you need to move left (away) from the orb when the gravity orb reach the middle of the two dots of the line that the orb is moving. (check the pic)

soMhwhI.jpg

And yes, moving closer to the TV helped me a lot, especially for level 19 and 20!

Good luck!

Thanks man.

Watched your video and copied your strategy for 7-3. I used to jump across the second barrier and head straight, but it’s really precise jumping, yours is much safer.

As for 7-15. I came up with a 100% safe strategy on my own so that’s a really easy one for me too now.

Still rushing through 7-5. I should really look for a safer strategy but I’m too lazy...

And as for 7-16 ?. Yeah, I was doing it all wrong. I know what to do now but I’m still not very consistent at it. It’s the only level that doesn’t require muscle memory.

Currently trying this level order: 16, 5-8, 19-20, 1-4, 9-15, 17-18.

Edit: Lol, I just died at my 100% safe 7-15 ?. Just needed 15,17-18.  Could have just exited to map but I thought I could recover. Mistake ?.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

Jinxed it. Thought I save 7-16 for last one time ?. Man I really start to hate this level.

Just a matter of time now before I get it though. 

Edit: Same thing happened again. Fail on 16 as my final level... ?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

Nice one @BB-BakkerJ

I hit a streak of 9 last night (19-20, 14-15, 1-5 and died on 6) and knowing that I've struggled most with 19/20/14/15 gives me hope.

I also saw a slightly different method to end 13 earlier which I'm going to try out, but it still ranks pretty high for me in terms of difficulty due to its speed.  I took the below screenshot from a random vid hence the quality but normally I try to follow the red line, and saw someone earlier follow the blue line.  Has anyone had any luck with that?

https://imgur.com/rt5hw3z

Edited by Deano1337
photo link
  • Like 2